Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 5 Ways to Win Dominion  (Read 15661 times)

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
Re: 5 Ways to Win Dominion
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2016, 01:43:38 am »

Isn't there something about the Queen of Hearts? I remember that from some game I played....
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2016, 02:49:15 am »

Here's my 5 ways to win Twilight Struggle:
- Win by having the most VP after final scoring
- Degrade DEFCON to 1 on your opponent's turn
- Control Europe when it's being scored
- Get to 20 VP
- Win the Space Race

The last is actually false, but it would be fun if there was more incentive to space things other than making sure the event doesn't trigger this turn.

You forgot one, play the 'How about a nice game of chess?' card when you are more than 10 points ahead.  8)

6 points, actually. There are also more obscure ways to win, such as 'getting your opponent to hold a scoring card' and 'make your opponent coup while under Cuban Missile Crisis. I think that's all of them.

Guess I haven't played in a while, thought it was 10 lol

To be fair, Davio never said those were the only 5 ways.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2016, 03:51:50 am »

Haven't been playing long enough to notice the ones triggered by specific cards like Wargames.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +514
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2016, 11:38:27 am »
+1

The only way to win is not to play.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2016, 05:42:58 pm »
+3

This thread died the death it deserved, but I would like to point out that I (as well as others before me) commented on the video offering constructive criticism. He replied to me (and no one else, which is painfully ironic). Apparently he made the video for his 10 year old nephew who enjoyed Dominion. Then he went on to explain that Dominion is a game that is good for small children and he usually plays only when children are present. I decided not to sharpen my tongue, but man, his comment made me realize that he's not all that credible. He also talked about how he didn't want to buy expansions because of the cost, which I can sympathize with.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2016, 10:16:28 pm »
+1

it seems like a great website for its audience, very in depth and detailed. Also very advanced. I imagined I was looking at the website as someone who's never played Dominion before and it could seem overwhelming. If I told my friends to read that website before coming to my house to play, they probably wouldn't make it to my house.

Constructive criticism of our forums? I know the articles sub-board hasn't been organized in quite some time. Finding the really good articles is really hard to do.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2016, 11:18:24 pm »
+2

it seems like a great website for its audience, very in depth and detailed. Also very advanced. I imagined I was looking at the website as someone who's never played Dominion before and it could seem overwhelming. If I told my friends to read that website before coming to my house to play, they probably wouldn't make it to my house.

Constructive criticism of our forums? I know the articles sub-board hasn't been organized in quite some time. Finding the really good articles is really hard to do.

I suspect that pointing people at the Wiki might be better?  I don't know.  It's entirely valid, though.  Strategy articles no longer make it to the blog, and most people, in the first couple years, would see the blog first.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2016, 07:16:58 am »
+2

I suspect that pointing people at the Wiki might be better?  I don't know.  It's entirely valid, though.  Strategy articles no longer make it to the blog, and most people, in the first couple years, would see the blog first.

I can only speak for myself, but the Wiki is what got me here in the first place. Which is supposed to say, i agree, the Wiki is a better starting point.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2016, 08:39:43 am »
+1

I olny came here after reading every single article on the wiki. :)

microman

• Moneylender
  • Stop "Making Fun" of me!
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2016, 08:59:37 am »

Well,  all of that definitely explains why his content in the video is subpar advice. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.671 seconds with 21 queries.