Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 657646 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #1200 on: June 14, 2016, 08:21:07 pm »
+1

And it's not true. You don't contribute every time. You only contribute every time on average. Individual mosquito's you kill might have been really tough to kill, relatively speaking.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1201 on: June 14, 2016, 08:25:55 pm »

I just realized that whenever I kill a mosquito, I contribute towards the evolution of future mosquito generations being harder to kill.

Have mosquitos really changed at all recently?

A few years ago we had some carbon coated ninja mosquitoes that were entirely silent, extremely difficult to catch, and wouldn't die even when you finally managed to catch one in your fist and tried your best to crush it. The ones we have this year have been generally fairly easy to kill, fortunately.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 14, 2016, 08:26:03 pm »

What did mosquitoes used to be like before Awaclus started swating them? :)
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 14, 2016, 08:26:10 pm »

Maybe out of an unlikely event of excessive variance, the majority of flies you killed were actually hard to kill, so you contributed towards future generations being much easier to kill.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 14, 2016, 08:49:22 pm »

There's a MLP x Ace Attorney crossover called Turnabout Storm. It's better than it sounds. It's also very long, about 9 hours total, so watch out for binging.
I started watching that when there were one or two episodes. I always meant to catch up on it, but ...

I got excited about a new Phoenix Wright game for nothing. :( Those fan games tricked me.
Have you already gotten excited about the new game that was announced about a month ago? Because it looks pretty cool. I'm a bit behind on the series but I'll probably get it when it comes out anyway.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 14, 2016, 09:56:47 pm »

I just realized that whenever I kill a mosquito, I contribute towards the evolution of future mosquito generations being harder to kill.

Have mosquitos really changed at all recently?

They've recently advanced in their capacity for biological warfare.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 14, 2016, 11:11:00 pm »

I have not played the DS version with Apollo Justice, but that one is awful anyways. I'll play it one of these days. I have played Phoenix Wright 1-3, and Dual Destinies. I've beaten them all. Man though, they're challenging.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 15, 2016, 12:48:42 am »

Why is the Apollo game bad? It's been a while, but I remember having fun with it.

Also, because I can't remember if I've commented about it on these forums or not, but because I never played Trials and Tribulations (since it was never released in physical form in Australia), I bought the trilogy from the eShop when it was on sale, played through the first two games again, and am now at the last case of the third game. Oddly, I strongly suspect there have been edits from the original releases - firstly because there have been a couple of cultural references that I'm pretty sure wouldn't have existed at the time I played the originals, and secondly because there's an aspect of the second game that seems quite different from how I remember it (as well as there being a few spots in the walkthroughs that I had to look up that slightly differed from the options I had).

At the end of the last case, you have to present a piece of evidence, and I seem to remember that no matter what evidence you presented, you got a big chunk of dialogue leading to a Bad Ending, except that if you present the right piece it stops just before the Bad End and goes on to the resolution of the case - but the first time I played, because I didn't know which evidence to present, I kept resetting the game and trying each piece in turn and did it before the dialogue changed so I never realised I'd presented the right one. In the eShop version, it's extremely clear that you've presented the right evidence immediately. Maybe it's just my memory going, but it definitely feels different.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 15, 2016, 01:18:39 am »

There's a MLP x Ace Attorney crossover called Turnabout Storm. It's better than it sounds. It's also very long, about 9 hours total, so watch out for binging.
I started watching that when there were one or two episodes. I always meant to catch up on it, but ...

Go finish it! It's a series where the production quality gets better with each part. The general consensus I've seen is that it captures the Ace Attorney feel very well, and is enjoyable as long as you're a fan of one series and ambivalent or better about the other.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 15, 2016, 07:51:14 am »
+1

Depends on how you kill them. If you poison them, then you are just killing off the weak mosquitos. But if you’re smacking them with a satisfying crunch, then I don’t care how tough that bastard is.

I guess you are killing off the less stealthy ones, though.
A man has no signature

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 15, 2016, 09:07:32 pm »
+2

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 16, 2016, 04:23:30 am »
+3

I'm trying to find an average opinion on fruit. If you're interesting in helping out, fill out the survey at http://goo.gl/forms/g5MH8AJ9a1i5kQoz2

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 16, 2016, 07:27:10 am »
+2

I'm trying to find an average opinion on fruit. If you're interesting in helping out, fill out the survey at http://goo.gl/forms/g5MH8AJ9a1i5kQoz2

These were some hard decisions, I really had to reevaluate my fruit ratings. Except Tomatoes. Fuck tomatoes.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1213 on: June 16, 2016, 07:40:11 am »
+4

Except Tomatoes. Fuck tomatoes.

I mean, I love tomatoes as well, but I wouldn't go as far as to have sex with them...
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: June 16, 2016, 07:46:24 am »

A bit of feedback: The Ease/Difficulty scale is really confusing, because it says ease on the left and difficulty right i Ease/Difficulty, yet easy is on the right and difficult is on the left when you click the buttons.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1215 on: June 16, 2016, 08:14:12 am »

Oh no, LFN has surpassed me on the top 10 post voters list!

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 16, 2016, 10:49:17 am »

Where is this alleged list?

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 16, 2016, 10:56:58 am »
+3

Quick upvote this post!

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 16, 2016, 11:23:32 am »

He's also within 200 respect of you too.

If you upvote all of my posts I think you'll even pass sudgy.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 16, 2016, 11:25:34 am »
+1

So....grapes get seeded and seedless, but not red/green. Watermelons- were those supposed to be seedless or seeded? In in general I had a rule of thumb: peeling is difficult, slicing is worse. Ambiguous fruits (do I slice the apple or just eat it whole???) were in the middle. But speaking of apples, just plain red? I don't like red delicious that much, but fugi is my favorite. Honeycrisp is also delicious.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 16, 2016, 11:37:27 am »

Wow, I'm 14th all time in posting here? I'm like so much newer than everyone else. I guess my posts don't have much substance to them though.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 16, 2016, 11:45:30 am »
+2

Dammit, Microsoft. As much effort as you put into making things consistent, there are still strides to be made in others.

Working in Excel: Press Alt+E, S to paste special.
Working in Word: Press Alt+E, S to paste special.
Working in PowerPoint: Press Alt+E, S to paste special.
Working in Outlook: Press Alt+E, S to pas…er, no, to fucking send the e-mail before I'm done. RAGERECALL!

It's like Microsoft is trying to kill off us keyboard users without making it look like they are trying to kill us.
A man has no signature

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 16, 2016, 11:57:11 am »

A bit of feedback: The Ease/Difficulty scale is really confusing, because it says ease on the left and difficulty right i Ease/Difficulty, yet easy is on the right and difficult is on the left when you click the buttons.

Thanks, fixed.

So....grapes get seeded and seedless, but not red/green. Watermelons- were those supposed to be seedless or seeded? In in general I had a rule of thumb: peeling is difficult, slicing is worse. Ambiguous fruits (do I slice the apple or just eat it whole???) were in the middle. But speaking of apples, just plain red? I don't like red delicious that much, but fugi is my favorite. Honeycrisp is also delicious.

See, I was thinking about it, and realized there was no way I was going to be able to list all the fruits I wanted a rating on without making the survey way too long. It's already at 21 fruits and I only added a few things to the chart. I'm missing pears and blackberries and raspberries, all of which should be added before any new apple varieties.

Watermelon should have been split up, except it wasn't in the xkcd comic, and I want to be able to compare them directly.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 16, 2016, 12:16:14 pm »
+1

I think this whole fruit survey is an elaborate attempt by Titandrake to get our emails so he can send us his secret Harry Potter fanfiction.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 16, 2016, 12:29:35 pm »
+2

Oh, also strawberries are not fruit, they're nuts.

In other news, I just got my new ID with maximum effectiveness: I went to the City Hall, got a number, went and bought a 0,5l tetrapack of water, returned a book to the library, printed some stuff, and came back to the city hall about 45 minutes  after getting my number, in the exact minute my number was called.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 21 queries.