Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 657625 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #1050 on: May 30, 2016, 07:50:08 pm »

≠ is just alt =. Simple enough.

Doesn't work for me...

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 30, 2016, 10:09:00 pm »

≠ is just alt =. Simple enough.

Doesn't work for me...

Must be just for macs

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 30, 2016, 10:14:14 pm »
+2

Mac Master race
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3839
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 30, 2016, 10:37:41 pm »
+1

So normally when I go for a run or to the gym, I am tired in a bad way in 15-20 minutes. But I've noticed that on days where I go for burger and fries from a food truck, I can do exercice 4 hours later for 40-50 minutes before feeling exhausted, and even then I feel tired in a good way. Obviously eating burger and fries every other day is not really a good long term solution, so does anybody have good recommendations about what (and when) to eat to get through a workout with a maximum of energy?

I imagine that the basic idea is "carbs", but then what kind? how much? how long before exercising? etc.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 30, 2016, 10:47:53 pm »

Eat pasta.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 30, 2016, 11:54:07 pm »

I workout in the mornings before I eat anything. I should go to the gym more in the afternoons as well, but I am lazy
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 30, 2016, 11:56:18 pm »
+1

Plus, afternoons are my time to waste spend on f.ds. How could I ever productively use waste that time?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 31, 2016, 03:53:56 am »

Gym is overrated.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1058 on: May 31, 2016, 05:37:21 am »

So normally when I go for a run or to the gym, I am tired in a bad way in 15-20 minutes. But I've noticed that on days where I go for burger and fries from a food truck, I can do exercice 4 hours later for 40-50 minutes before feeling exhausted, and even then I feel tired in a good way. Obviously eating burger and fries every other day is not really a good long term solution, so does anybody have good recommendations about what (and when) to eat to get through a workout with a maximum of energy?

I imagine that the basic idea is "carbs", but then what kind? how much? how long before exercising? etc.

If you already have a healthy diet, I don't think it's a good idea to change it just so you can exercise more. If you don't already have a healthy diet, make it a top priority to have a healthy diet before you worry about exercising. If you run regularly, you should be able to run (lightly) for at least an hour or so without getting tired regardless of what you've eaten that day.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 31, 2016, 07:30:44 am »
+7

just playing my first matches of dominion in several years

game's kind of fun actually

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1060 on: May 31, 2016, 07:34:00 am »

Has it been several years already?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 31, 2016, 07:43:19 am »

dunno, but certainly it feels like it.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 31, 2016, 07:52:37 am »
+1

Well, the fact that # is on the keyboard is an advantage i guess.

I guess, indeed. I could see this as being an advantage if quickly typing in chat or something. For a PowerPoint, there's no reason the professor couldn't take the effort to type Alt+8800. Or since it's an Office product, he could have inserted the symbol.

At the very least, != and <> are also easily typed from the keyboard and provides a universal use of not equal. They don't send a mixed signal like # does.

In any case, the notation should have been explained early in class and not left for the student to realize after handing in an exam.
A man has no signature

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 31, 2016, 07:53:47 am »

Has it been several years already?

I haven't played Dominion since Adventures came out. Even then, I played a friend's copy, and I think we played two or three games. I'm not even sure I've played all the Guilds cards.
A man has no signature

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3839
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 31, 2016, 08:17:33 am »

If you already have a healthy diet, I don't think it's a good idea to change it just so you can exercise more. If you don't already have a healthy diet, make it a top priority to have a healthy diet before you worry about exercising. If you run regularly, you should be able to run (lightly) for at least an hour or so without getting tired regardless of what you've eaten that day.

I have never ever been able to run for one hour, not even close. I just don't eat enough, or I have a very high metabolism (probably a mix of both). I don't know what exactly you mean by a healthy diet, but before coming to Canada it was your typical mediterranean fare.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1065 on: May 31, 2016, 09:38:13 am »

I have never ever been able to run for one hour, not even close. I just don't eat enough, or I have a very high metabolism (probably a mix of both). I don't know what exactly you mean by a healthy diet, but before coming to Canada it was your typical mediterranean fare.

I'm trying to get fit enough for the military service I have this summer/fall, and I just avoid sugar, I don't really like foods with too much fat or salt to begin with, and then I just try to go out my way to get enough energy, protein and vitamins (for the record, I'm underweight, that's why I actually need to worry about getting enough energy). I'm under the impression that Mediterranean food is generally pretty healthy but that impression could be super wrong because I don't really know too much about it.

EDIT: Oh yeah and crap tons of water is really essential in case it wasn't already obvious. I need like 2 liters of water for a drum workout of 20ish minutes.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:48:57 am by Awaclus »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 31, 2016, 09:57:48 am »
+1

I took to primarily eating salads during lunch, with a good amount of protein added (chicken, bacon, sometimes egg, and then also avocado, tomatos, peppers, things like that).  Olive oil and balsamic dressing.  I feel a lot better eating that than, say, Chinese food.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 31, 2016, 12:23:28 pm »

I guess, indeed. I could see this as being an advantage if quickly typing in chat or something. For a PowerPoint, there's no reason the professor couldn't take the effort to type Alt+8800. Or since it's an Office product, he could have inserted the symbol.

At the very least, != and <> are also easily typed from the keyboard and provides a universal use of not equal. They don't send a mixed signal like # does.

In any case, the notation should have been explained early in class and not left for the student to realize after handing in an exam.

The meaning was explained, but not the reasoning.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 31, 2016, 12:30:09 pm »

The meaning was never explicitly explained, but we inferred it easily from the professor's explaination of the slides.

No big deal, but it was a bit annoying.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 31, 2016, 12:31:10 pm »

The meaning was never explicitly explained, but we inferred it easily from the professor's explaination of the slides.

No big deal, but it was a bit annoying.

Oh, then Kuildeous is totally right.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 31, 2016, 12:52:14 pm »
+1

##≠≠

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 31, 2016, 03:05:03 pm »

I can't run or bicycle for more than about 30 minutes before I overheat.  (I don't sweat enough.)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 31, 2016, 03:08:27 pm »
+1

I can't run or bicycle for more than about 30 minutes before I overheat.  (I don't sweat enough.)

Further evidence that Kirian is a cold calculating machine.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1073 on: May 31, 2016, 03:08:49 pm »
+1

Don't sweat it!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 31, 2016, 03:12:12 pm »

Further evidence that Kirian is a cold calculating machine.

I wish.  I am a very hot calculating machine.  In the thermodynamic sense.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.