Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 123  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part III  (Read 657110 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part III
« Reply #1000 on: May 13, 2016, 11:50:52 am »

So the unreduced 6 months were more expansive than 6 * 1 month?  ???

No, they cost exactly the same. That's why they're unreduced.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 13, 2016, 12:09:24 pm »

ohh I thought 6*30 was 150  ;D okay that makes much more sense. thanks ^-^

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 13, 2016, 03:55:08 pm »

... what was he thinking there?

I meant that as a real question. What was the misunderstanding? I don't get his thought process.

To add a little background, I am taking these special vitamins now. When they were first made available to me, the receptionist at the time explained that they were $30 a month, but I could buy 6 months for the cost of 5. Since I have to return to the doctor every 6 months anyway, this was especially useful.

Apparently this new receptionist never thought of it as "Buy 5; get 1 free." I'm not sure how she was envisioning it in her mind, but it clearly did not involve getting a month for free. So then I was quoted the same price as before and realized that it was exactly how I phrased it.

It was also an early-morning appointment, so she may have been marginally awake.
A man has no signature

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 14, 2016, 03:40:24 pm »

Look what's trending on Facebook:

How meta.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 17, 2016, 05:09:52 pm »
+2

The memes/inside jokes, they're leaking into my posting on other forums: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/740205-bravely-second-end-layer/73670232/851800080

In case you can't spot it:                           Moat                                    (No, this isn't the meme)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:11:06 pm by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 18, 2016, 11:44:00 am »
+1

Finally got myself some more or less adequate Internet connection and a notebook after a month with just a phone with terrible coverage issues.

This is going on for about 20 minutes though:

Please oh please don't die on me

Edit:

FUUUUUUUU   
ahhhahaha it launched and started to play it's terrible music super loud and crushed when I tried to turn it off. adorable
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:08:12 pm by Burning Skull »

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 18, 2016, 12:03:27 pm »
+3

Man, attending a redneck party does not mesh well with germaphobic me. The hamburgers and hot dogs plate had no tongs whatsoever. Just grab the meat with your bare hands and hope nobody else touched it first. Someone pointed out there wasn't a fork for the pickle jar, and I saw someone walk by with pickles on his hamburger, so, uh….

We had a cake for our graduating niece. Her boyfriend was enthralled by the hard chocolate decorations on top and kept touching them. I had to remind him that he said he had strep the day before, but he kept feeling the chocolate. I volunteered to serve the cake because I knew what areas weren't touched.

I guess I'm just prissy. In that regard, I probably was better off as an ignorant kid.
A man has no signature

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 18, 2016, 12:05:53 pm »
+1

Man, attending a redneck party

All I had to read was this first line, and I could basically fill in everything else you said without reading the post
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 18, 2016, 12:29:49 pm »

I'm trying to think of some positives of being a redneck. I can't think of any.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 18, 2016, 01:18:45 pm »
+2

They're generally pretty handy. The average redneck can fix way more things better than I could. They might not necessarily be pretty, but they'd be functional.

They can also be generally pretty friendly, though that is likely more a matter of culture. My redneck in-laws are perfectly fine with gay and trans people. On the other hand, I would not go parading my gay cousins near certain other rednecks. 

Being redneck is not inherently bad, but there are many shared qualities with bad people. Being redneck doesn't necessarily mean you build your hamburger with your fingers, but that's certainly the case with this family.
A man has no signature

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 18, 2016, 02:05:18 pm »

I think my question is just wrong anyways. Rednecks are a stereotype, you cannot compare all people to one single stereotype.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 18, 2016, 03:55:15 pm »

What makes someone a redneck? I honestly don't know.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1012 on: May 18, 2016, 03:56:15 pm »
+1

Having a red neck.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 18, 2016, 03:58:06 pm »

Having a red neck.
How red? I've never seen anyone with a strangely red neck. I think I know what you're talking about though?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 19, 2016, 02:30:16 am »

Well, it's easier to commit murder since your DNA matches everyone else in the community already anyway.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 19, 2016, 02:36:54 am »

Well, it's easier to commit murder since your DNA matches everyone else in the community already anyway.

<morbo> DNA DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. </morbo>

The memes/inside jokes, they're leaking into my posting on other forums: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/740205-bravely-second-end-layer/73670232/851800080

In case you can't spot it:                           Moat                                    (No, this isn't the meme)

Not only can I still not spot it, that entire post made zero sense.  The one at Gamefaqs, that is.  "Bravely Second"?  What the hell kind of game title is that?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1016 on: May 19, 2016, 02:55:42 am »

Not only can I still not spot it, that entire post made zero sense.  The one at Gamefaqs, that is.  "Bravely Second"?  What the hell kind of game title is that?

Looks like spotting it is more skippable than Tables thinks.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 19, 2016, 11:13:57 am »

So, I'm having a problem with LaTeX/TikZ:
I'm trying to do this: http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/71596/106050. However, if I compile this, the result looks different (see attachment), the circle centers seem to be in the wrong position. I'm trying to ask for help at stackexchange, but it won't let me, since I apparently don't have enough reputation.
Can anyone help me by either telling me why it doesn't work, asking why it doesn't work on stackexchange, or telling me about another way to draw an arc by specifying the two points it connects and the center?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 19, 2016, 11:30:24 am »

"Bravely Second"?  What the hell kind of game title is that?

It's the sequel to Bravely Default. Duh.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 19, 2016, 12:54:00 pm »

<morbo> DNA DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. </morbo>

The second game in the Bravely series, of course. It's a fantastic game, well worth a play if you're into RPGs.

Anyway the reference was the 90-93% thing. That's... almost accurate (I think it's actually more like 91.5-94%) but I couldn't help myself.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: May 20, 2016, 04:16:08 am »
+2

I'm trying to do this: http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/71596/106050. However, if I compile this, the result looks different (see attachment), the circle centers seem to be in the wrong position. I'm trying to ask for help at stackexchange, but it won't let me, since I apparently don't have enough reputation.
Can anyone help me by either telling me why it doesn't work, asking why it doesn't work on stackexchange, or telling me about another way to draw an arc by specifying the two points it connects and the center?

I tried the code, and it gives me the correct output. Are you sure you didn't change anything about the code?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 20, 2016, 10:29:47 am »

I tried the code, and it gives me the correct output. Are you sure you didn't change anything about the code?
it seems to be compiler dependant. For example, this online compiler has the right output, while this one  has the same result as my offline one.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 21, 2016, 07:26:40 pm »
+3

The Dominion League has started. In my haste to be as efficient and quick as possible with copy/pasting messages regarding the best times to play, I inadvertently sent myself a message.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 22, 2016, 07:50:33 am »

What did you compile with? Can you check what version of pgf was used?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1021
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 22, 2016, 10:09:10 am »

If you're interested, Ipe is really fantastic for figures like this and plays very nicely with Latex. My thesis had some horrendously complicated figures that came out looking very nice.  http://ipe.otfried.org/
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 123  All

Page created in 2.321 seconds with 20 queries.