Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15  All

Author Topic: KC is far more skippable than people think.  (Read 92548 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: KC is far more skippable than people think.
« Reply #225 on: January 06, 2016, 08:56:41 pm »
+2

You didn't like people replying to specific portions of what you posted. That was where you started being defensive and critical of every reply you got. Unless it was deleted, I dare you to go back and find the first post where you got defensive, and the first post where someone started mocking you. I am willing to bet that you getting upset about HOW people were replying happened before anyone started poking fun.

Right.  Awaclus may have been blunt in his responses in a way that can be a bit aggravating, but there were no actual insults as far as I could tell.  And he was willing enough to consider the alternative (re: KC on this board) that he actually went and tested it.  And then he reported back that he was wrong.

GOON GARDEN

• Salvager
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 06, 2016, 09:01:46 pm »

I guess I am lucky, because I grew up in a good neighborhood in a good country and the worst social experience I've had  next to this one is in high school when the jocks decided to give me wedgies that suspended me in the air by my boxers until my underwear ripped in half (an isolated incident that I did not have to endure routinely)

OP has a history of getting butthurt.  Couldn't have guessed.

see, this is actually funny, so I am fine with comment like this.

The parroting that some people were doing was obnoxious and not funny at all
This user is banned!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 06, 2016, 09:06:22 pm »

So... how do you get a thread locked?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2016, 09:14:13 pm »
+11

But this forum has  been extremely nauseating so far.

Didn't you say you were done with this forum like 20 posts ago?

I don`t think some of you realize that even though you have a point, the way you make it is absolutely obnoxious

I have never been berated by so many assholes in my life.

Someone please ban me since I am too stupid to voluntarily stop posting.
Okay, I ban you. You are banned. Do not evade your ban by posting.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 06, 2016, 09:16:40 pm »

But this forum has  been extremely nauseating so far.

Didn't you say you were done with this forum like 20 posts ago?

I don`t think some of you realize that even though you have a point, the way you make it is absolutely obnoxious

I have never been berated by so many assholes in my life.

Someone please ban me since I am too stupid to voluntarily stop posting.
Okay, I ban you. You are banned. Do not evade your ban by posting.
Ouch.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2016, 09:47:15 pm »
+1

I made an estimation because I didn`t realize that this data was available to me.

Someone should have just told me I should look up the data myself, and shown me how.

And for gods sake, this whole post of yours is a waste of time. This is what it boils down to:

Look up the data, it`s more accurate than estimation. AGREED!

Your time would have been better spent teaching me how to find that data.

But instead you chose to lord it over me (the fact that accessing such data is more accurate than estimation) NO SHIT!

I don't think the discussion I am having is a waste of time, and wouldn't be having it if I did.  I can't say I actually expect to change anyone's mind, but I do find the topic interesting.

I don't agree with your boiling down of my post for the reasons eHalcyon has already put forth.

I am sorry that you feel my post is lording anything over you. I did not intend anything in my last few posts to be directed at you. I am only having a conversation about the merits of estimating frequencies based on memory with other forum members who feel like discussing it. I don't think the conversation is significantly related to anything you posted at this point. You are definitely not the first person here to make such an estimation and you will certainly not be the last.  I am relatively certain this thread is not the first time I have made the stupid joke about statistics being made up. I apologize for having made the joke at your and Kirian's expense as it was not intended to be seen as a personal attack. The direction of this thread compelled me to explain my motivations for making the comment and have continued to participate in the discussion that has produced.

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2016, 09:53:01 pm »
+7

Threads only get locked when there's a decline in civility.

GOON GARDEN

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2016, 10:02:54 pm »

I made an estimation because I didn`t realize that this data was available to me.

Someone should have just told me I should look up the data myself, and shown me how.

And for gods sake, this whole post of yours is a waste of time. This is what it boils down to:

Look up the data, it`s more accurate than estimation. AGREED!

Your time would have been better spent teaching me how to find that data.

But instead you chose to lord it over me (the fact that accessing such data is more accurate than estimation) NO SHIT!

I don't think the discussion I am having is a waste of time, and wouldn't be having it if I did.  I can't say I actually expect to change anyone's mind, but I do find the topic interesting.

I don't agree with your boiling down of my post for the reasons eHalcyon has already put forth.

I am sorry that you feel my post is lording anything over you. I did not intend anything in my last few posts to be directed at you. I am only having a conversation about the merits of estimating frequencies based on memory with other forum members who feel like discussing it. I don't think the conversation is significantly related to anything you posted at this point. You are definitely not the first person here to make such an estimation and you will certainly not be the last.  I am relatively certain this thread is not the first time I have made the stupid joke about statistics being made up. I apologize for having made the joke at your and Kirian's expense as it was not intended to be seen as a personal attack. The direction of this thread compelled me to explain my motivations for making the comment and have continued to participate in the discussion that has produced.

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Not reading that but enjoy your one-sided conversation.

Everything I think or feel is invalid so I won't waste time typing any further.
This user is banned!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2016, 10:30:31 pm »
+2

This is the worst forum I have ever experienced.

F.DS is the worst forum on the internet, except for all the other forums.

It's a great forum, when compared to worse forums.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2016, 12:12:49 am »
+2

Threads only get locked when there's a decline in civility.

Like, seriously now, this thread is toxic. It has to stop. There's people I respect saying things that diminish them, and well that's sad.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2016, 01:06:27 am »

I don't know where else parroting someone repeatedly is considered funny outside elementary schools and this forum.

The entirety of Internet and IRL in my experience.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

GOON GARDEN

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2016, 01:19:54 am »

I don't know where else parroting someone repeatedly is considered funny outside elementary schools and this forum.

The entirety of Internet and IRL in my experience.

On the internet the memes that are repeated are repeated because the original phrase is hilarious, or there is some art to the way it is done which makes it hilarious. It isn't the parroting itself which is funny--Being humorous takes more than just copying what someone is saying in  formulaic fashion--tacking a phrase onto a new sentence, which is what was done in this thread. Are you sure you aren't on the autism spectrum?

That's really corny and childish and outside your nerdy circle of friends you would get yourself into trouble acting like that. Maybe you could be fodder for some slapstick humor too.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:34:58 am by GOON GARDEN »
This user is banned!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #237 on: January 07, 2016, 01:56:11 am »

On the internet the memes that are repeated are repeated because the original phrase is hilarious, or there is some art to the way it is done which makes it hilarious. It isn't the parroting itself which is funny--Being humorous takes more than just copying what someone is saying in  formulaic fashion--tacking a phrase onto a new sentence, which is what was done in this thread. Are you sure you aren't on the autism spectrum?

That's really corny and childish and outside your nerdy circle of friends you would get yourself into trouble acting like that. Maybe you could be fodder for some slapstick humor too.

No, it is precisely the repetition itself which makes it hilarious. The vast majority of memes suck outside of their cultural context.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

GOON GARDEN

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2016, 02:03:56 am »

No, it is precisely the repetition itself which makes it hilarious. The vast majority of memes suck outside of their cultural context.

If you think repetition in and of itself makes things funnier, you are a simpleton.

There were some "repetitions" done ITT each more awkward than the last

Try that with me IRL and you won't manage to get too many repetitions in
This user is banned!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #239 on: January 07, 2016, 02:21:14 am »

If you think repetition in and of itself makes things funnier, you are a simpleton.

And what exactly do you think you could do to make me stop?

GOON GARDEN

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 07, 2016, 02:24:10 am »

Wow just checked out your youtube channel.. Please tell me that's not your real voice.

So if I mocked your croaky voice by croaking like a frog would each croak be funnier than the last?
This user is banned!

GOON GARDEN

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 07, 2016, 02:26:09 am »

And what exactly do you think you could do to make me stop?

I really don't need to divulge that since you would not dare to mock me IRL in the first place, trust me on that one
This user is banned!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #242 on: January 07, 2016, 02:29:06 am »
+1

Wow just checked out your youtube channel.. Please tell me that's not your real voice.

Assuming you're talking about the Hibikase cover, that's Harmor resynthesis layered with a vocoded supersaw.

GOON GARDEN

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 07, 2016, 02:30:03 am »

Assuming you're talking about the Hibikase cover, that's Harmor resynthesis layered with a vocoded supersaw.

I am talking about your voice on your dominion channel..

whatever tho, I feel bad for making fun of u now
This user is banned!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #244 on: January 07, 2016, 02:40:44 am »

Right, that was a thing too. Yes, that was my real voice. I don't think it sounds like a frog though. I'm also surprised you found it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 02:42:09 am by Awaclus »

GOON GARDEN

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2016, 02:49:00 am »

Right, that was a thing too. Yes, that was my real voice. I don't think it sounds like a frog though. I'm also surprised you found it.

Alright.. well.. I am not mad anymore. Its all good.
This user is banned!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2016, 07:33:11 am »
+4

I think the last couple of pages make it clear this guy is trolling us.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 07, 2016, 08:03:37 am »
+1

So if I mocked your croaky voice by croaking like a frog would each croak be funnier than the last?

I was about to write something about how everyone here could try to be a bit more understanding and then everyone would have a better time... then I saw this. Why bother? I will report this post.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +559
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 07, 2016, 08:10:16 am »
+1

I was about to write something about how everyone here could try to be a bit more understanding and then everyone would have a better time... then I saw this. Why bother? I will report this post.
Did you see the autism one?  Totally unacceptable.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 07, 2016, 08:10:48 am »
+2

It turns out that 100% of a given user's posts are more ignorable than users think.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15  All

Page created in 2.372 seconds with 20 queries.