Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Super Bowl 50  (Read 7931 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl 50
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2016, 11:48:33 pm »

(Denver won)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2016, 11:55:33 pm »
+4

So who won?  The Cubs?  The Tudors?
Moat.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2016, 08:43:05 pm »

Didn't see this thread till today, but go Broncos! I had a ton of fun watching the game last night. Way more fun than two years ago, but fortunately that is the distant past now.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 08:47:52 am »

And here I thought this was going to be a thread about "Super Bowl 50" versus "Super Bowl L". I am firmly in the "L" camp.

They probably thought it would be too easy to call it "Super Bowl L(ame)".

I thought the prevailing theory was that they didn't want people to assume this year's was a smaller event than Super Bowl XL.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 10:24:48 am »
+2

But really, Denver's defense was exceptional.  Made the Panthers look like rookies.  And that last strip sack against Cam Newton showed exactly what type of player he is.  He didn't even try to recover the ball himself.  He just acted like a spoiled kid who had his toys taken away from him after playing with them all season.  When things started going against him, he just ended up not even trying.

I really, really disagree with this. Cam in the past few years has played through injures numerous times, has played very aggressively when his team had no chance of making playoffs, and has generally worked his ass off the entire time in the NFL. He freezes up for one second in the highest stakes game of his entire life and suddenly he's a crybaby sore loser who just felt like not trying in the middle of the Super Bowl? Please. There is no way you can be as successful as Cam Newton and not work hard every single day.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 06:29:19 pm »

oh hey this

the media narratives surrounding the quarterbacks are rarely worth paying any mind, and this isn't an exception

i'd bet on cam & co. being back before you know it.  FYI the panthers already have $19 million in cap space and can double that by cutting jared allen & some of their other old men they can live without.  and getting kelvin benjamin back next year...they'd be my super bowl pick, i think, and that's a team built for the long haul too.

what a hell of a year for the broncos, though!  they never felt like a super bowl champ, until they actually played in it.  and then god damn did they ever feel like champs.  dragging the corpse of peyton manning to the title has to be an all-time achievement...his cap hit next year is insane, so there's no way he does anything but retire.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2016, 02:31:50 am »

dragging the corpse of peyton manning to the title has to be an all-time achievement...his cap hit next year is insane, so there's no way he does anything but retire.

OUR MOTTO: ABROCKALYPSE NOW
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.866 seconds with 21 queries.