Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30  All

Author Topic: Secret Hitler I [Round 12]  (Read 72430 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Hitler I [Round 10]
« Reply #625 on: March 02, 2016, 07:16:49 pm »

Also I prefer shooting Egor over shooting Archetype by a lot. I believe Hitler is way more likely to play the way Egor does than he is to play like Arch.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 02, 2016, 07:23:24 pm »

The chance of drawing FFF here are around 30%. gkrieg is definitely much more suspicious now. In fact, it will be interesting to see which people voted down Grujah/Tables but voted up gkrieg/Tables. That was Hydrad (and ADK, well if you consider his vote here as "yes").

So Hydrad, please explain your reasoning for voting the way you did.

There is 2 reasons. One is he picked L when I gave him FL

The other is he almost picked me in his government. And I liked that idea.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 02, 2016, 09:53:21 pm »

I don't think I'll shoot Arch.  He is very unlikely to be hitler at this point.  I think shooting EgorK would be best at this point.  ghostofmars's last post seemed more liberal to me.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 02, 2016, 10:06:56 pm »

wait do we even know if when the person dies what alignment they are? Or do we get no info on it.

Also i'm guessing theres not a don't shoot option either.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 02, 2016, 10:07:57 pm »

but ya I think I would still pick tables/egork.

its annoying though that you got FF for tables since you can't tell if hes facist or liberal :/

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: March 02, 2016, 10:08:45 pm »

Well, ok. That makes Tables being Hitler less likely. Good

Since I didn't formally say it:

Tables was elected Chancellor, and was not Hitler.  Otherwise you wouldn't be discussing an execution...
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 02, 2016, 11:41:54 pm »

I say shoot egor.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 03, 2016, 12:45:35 am »

Wait a minute, you all think that Hitler!EgorK would immediately play a fascist card after he had just been cleared by Archetype?
I already doubt that a fascist would play like that, but as Hitler that seems even more unlikely. Archetype could be Hitler and just have been unlucky to draw FFF. I don't think he is Hitler, but if you shoot one of Tables/EgorK you have a 50% chance of hitting the wrong guy and losing the game.
I'm a bit suspicious that so many push for a EgorK lynch over Archetype.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 03, 2016, 12:49:12 am »

The chance of drawing FFF here are around 30%. gkrieg is definitely much more suspicious now. In fact, it will be interesting to see which people voted down Grujah/Tables but voted up gkrieg/Tables. That was Hydrad (and ADK, well if you consider his vote here as "yes").

If you do believe Table you should only consider probability ratio between FFF and FFL, not absolute probability of FFF. But you are likely F, so good job manipulating people here

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 03, 2016, 12:53:36 am »

Wait a minute, you all think that Hitler!EgorK would immediately play a fascist card after he had just been cleared by Archetype?
I already doubt that a fascist would play like that, but as Hitler that seems even more unlikely. Archetype could be Hitler and just have been unlucky to draw FFF. I don't think he is Hitler, but if you shoot one of Tables/EgorK you have a 50% chance of hitting the wrong guy and losing the game.

I double that Tables play make much sense if Arch is Hitler though. Look, only plausible explanation of it all so far is that Tables is F. Why would I basically put me and Arch out of the game if we are both F (and if I am F Arch obviously are) right away? Even if we'd take "L" Table with us?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 03, 2016, 02:27:18 am »

Calling it now: Tables, faust and ADK are fascists. Who is Hitler - that's another question

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 03, 2016, 06:34:39 am »

I think Egor messed up. If Archetype was Hitler, he would feel more inclined to participate.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 03, 2016, 07:07:26 am »

If you do believe Table you should only consider probability ratio between FFF and FFL, not absolute probability of FFF. But you are likely F, so good job manipulating people here

You're right. Assuming first 2 cards were FF (I am aware that there has been some discussion recently about whether this is the correct way to calculate this), there's a 40% chance to draw L.

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 03, 2016, 07:34:54 am »

I think Egor messed up. If Archetype was Hitler, he would feel more inclined to participate.
I don't think Archetype is Hitler, but I don't think EgorK is Hitler either. And given the choice between an inactive player that must be fascist if EgorK is fascist and a player that might be liberal even if Archetype is fascist and is active I'd kill the former.
I would already have a hard time understanding his actions if EgorK was fascist. As Hitler his actions seem like an incredible gambit.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 03, 2016, 08:21:29 am »

Calling it now: Tables, faust and ADK are fascists. Who is Hitler - that's another question
so you believe gkrieg drew FFF?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 03, 2016, 09:16:46 am »

I don't think Archetype is Hitler, but I don't think EgorK is Hitler either. And given the choice between an inactive player that must be fascist if EgorK is fascist and a player that might be liberal even if Archetype is fascist and is active I'd kill the former.
I would already have a hard time understanding his actions if EgorK was fascist. As Hitler his actions seem like an incredible gambit.

I guess at this point I'm just willing to bet the game on Tables being liberal. We are on the verge of losing and have to make some choices that may be risky.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 03, 2016, 09:18:18 am »

This also correlates witht the fact that Tables is a presidential candidate today. So if I'm willing to support him as president, I may as well go all in.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 03, 2016, 09:20:15 am »

Yeah, I'd support a Tables goverment most likely.  Like, if he chooses me or faust.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 03, 2016, 10:20:56 am »

I will shoot later tonight. I'm shooting among tables/egork tonight. We know that one of them is fascist. Right now I will probably shoot Egork because he has a possibility to be hitler and has acted more like a fascist.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 03, 2016, 10:21:37 am »

so you believe gkrieg drew FFF?

Well, given gkrieg performance as chancellor it is unlikely he is "plain" fascist. He can be Hitler that had drawn FFL though

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 03, 2016, 10:23:08 am »

I will shoot later tonight. I'm shooting among tables/egork tonight. We know that one of them is fascist. Right now I will probably shoot Egork because he has a possibility to be hitler and has acted more like a fascist.

Can you say why Hitler would select F out of FL right after he was confirmed liberal?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 03, 2016, 10:24:21 am »

Guys, give me scenario where my play would be reasonable as F or H. Because I can see none as either.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 03, 2016, 11:26:42 am »

Can you say why Hitler would select F out of FL right after he was confirmed liberal?

To make Tables look guilty? Isn't that easy?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 03, 2016, 12:00:43 pm »

Basically any review of Secret Hitler mentions that Hitler should play as staunch liberal. But look how after 3 F laws everyone and their mothers want to appoint someone who may be fascist, but not Hitler at least.

You wrote that.  ;D

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 03, 2016, 01:05:32 pm »

Also Hitler! Egork might have thought that tables was fascist and would cover for him.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.811 seconds with 20 queries.