Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30  All

Author Topic: Secret Hitler I [Round 12]  (Read 72445 times)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Hitler I [Round 1]
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2016, 01:37:01 pm »

Current Game State

Round 1

Turn Order, current President or candidate in bold:

gkrieg13
Archetype
Tables
A Drowned Kernel
ghostofmars
Hydrad
Grujah
faust
EgorK

Liberal Policies enacted: 0
Fascist Policies enacted: 0
Next Executive Power: Investigation

Deck: 17 cards
Discard: 0 cards

Deck and discard contain (total): 11 Fascist, 6 Liberal

Fate of the World:  Unknown
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 02:08:25 pm by Kirian »
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2016, 02:09:05 pm »

Oops, I had too many cards in the policies deck!  I guess I just thought 17 was a weird number.  Corrected.

Edit: and reshuffled.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 02:15:04 pm by Kirian »
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2016, 02:34:05 pm »

So I don't think there is much to discuss, seeing as we don't really know anything yet.  I think I should elect a chancellor that is in the middle of the list so we get an idea of who they are when they get the presidential placard.  If I go next in line, I don't think it gives us as much information as later on in the pecking order.  I think we want the most info on the people who are in the end of the line?  I guess I don't have a feel for how many times we will make it around the table.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2016, 03:06:08 pm »

oh wait. i thought we had some control over who is the president candidate?

if we end up passing 3 fascist things then once it gets to a fascist person on the list can they just select hitler and there is nothing we can do to stop them?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2016, 03:09:44 pm »

oh ok i see. i reread the rules and after a chanceller is voted we can vote to say if we like it or not. that makes way more sense.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2016, 03:14:00 pm »

Yeah, first proposal in a game like this is generally a bit of a crapshoot. You could go for, say, ADK as he would be the final possible President were your proposal to go through, or possibly ghost or Hydrad as they're the other possible final presidents in round 2. Although this is all mostly based on Resistance meta, the same logic doesn't necessarily apply here. However, I do notice that I'm 3rd in the list, meaning if the first two proposals get voted down then either it's my proposal that's accepted or a random card gets drawn. I guess that's worth noting? Not really sure what to say about it though.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2016, 03:14:33 pm »

and ya I don't see a reason really yet to find out who to pick for the first few rounds.

(but you should pick me because I wanna do something. plus I'm in the dead center!)

actually everyone should just pick and trust me. easy game.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2016, 03:14:48 pm »

Right.  You have no control over who the Presidential candidate is, but you have control over whether he is elected.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 03:17:07 pm »

also hi everyone. I don't think I've talked much to some of you. But hi!

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 03:32:25 pm »

Okay, I've read over the rules, had a look at the Facism track to see what unlocks and when (it goes Investigate > Investigate > Special Election > Execution > Execution > Facism for those wondering), and am feeling a bit more confident in what happens during the game. So... right now all I can say is, make me Chancellor and I might consider voting yes? I think this might be the best option in general actually - we'll get to see how people vote around me, which is useful information considering I have 'hammer', if we can call it that. And well I'd be very happy to be the first chancellor, naturally.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 03:35:26 pm »

Okay, I've read over the rules, had a look at the Facism track to see what unlocks and when (it goes Investigate > Investigate > Special Election > Execution > Execution > Facism for those wondering), and am feeling a bit more confident in what happens during the game. So... right now all I can say is, make me Chancellor and I might consider voting yes? I think this might be the best option in general actually - we'll get to see how people vote around me, which is useful information considering I have 'hammer', if we can call it that. And well I'd be very happy to be the first chancellor, naturally.

Oh right I forgot the first time you can't just shoot people and stuff. This makes more sense.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2016, 03:35:45 pm »

also sure it doesn't matter much to me for who gets it.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2016, 03:36:57 pm »

Hi all. I have been crunching some numbers. There is a strategy to be followed in this game which simply goes like this: We never successfully elect a government, which results always in the top policy being enacted. Crunching numbers, this strategy gives us a chance at winning that is slightly below 50%. If we believe the game balanced, that is not an optimal strategy... but as we get more liberal policies enacted, we should definitely think about strategically not electing a government at some point.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2016, 03:38:36 pm »

Hi all. I have been crunching some numbers. There is a strategy to be followed in this game which simply goes like this: We never successfully elect a government, which results always in the top policy being enacted. Crunching numbers, this strategy gives us a chance at winning that is slightly below 50%. If we believe the game balanced, that is not an optimal strategy... but as we get more liberal policies enacted, we should definitely think about strategically not electing a government at some point.

but theres 11 fascist ones and only 6 liberals. I think thats a bit more then less then 50%?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2016, 03:39:20 pm »

I think I'm in favor of having the first two proposals today fail... that is, unless someone proposes a government that includes me.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2016, 03:39:51 pm »

hmm but i guess liberal only needs 5 of them while fascist needs 6?

I haven't done the math so I could be totally wrong.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2016, 03:40:28 pm »

but theres 11 fascist ones and only 6 liberals. I think thats a bit more then less then 50%?

Fascists need 6 policies enacted, but liberals only need 5. That makes it a bit better.

PPE yeah.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2016, 03:41:59 pm »

Basically, with random strategy, liberals win if and only if there are at least 5 liberal policies in the top 10 cards.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2016, 03:43:08 pm »

Basically, with random strategy, liberals win if and only if there are at least 5 liberal policies in the top 10 cards.
hmm.. i guess that makes sense.

wait but there is 17 cards. is that like 40%?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2016, 04:00:46 pm »

nvm there are 6 cards so ya around 45% or something i guess. Thats not the worst odds.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2016, 04:21:37 pm »

Nice try, facist. But no, if my maths is correct, the chance of this working is only 15.95%. Which is significantly more than "just under 50%" by my reckoning. Basically, it requires picking 5 or 6 Liberals out of 6 from the first 10 cards, as you said. Or well it's equivalent to that problem anyway. And the chance of getting 6 is 1.70% and the chance of getting 5 is 14.25%. The chance of getting 4 is 35.63%, the chance of getting 3 is 33.94%, the chance of getting 2 is 12.73%, the chance of getting 1 is 1.70% and the chance of getting none is 0.06%.

So... let's not do this. I don't want to roll such a stacked die and just hope to win.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2016, 04:30:14 pm »

Hmm now i'm trying to figure out which ones right... I'm just going to grab some cards and test that way.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2016, 04:36:48 pm »

ok so after doing this with a deck of cards 11 times only 2 times did liberals win.

They got to 4 a ton of the time but it seemed very hard to get to the 5th one in 10.

Although this is a very low amount of attempts I think it was enough to show me that tables math is probably right. But who knows maybe I just got unlucky.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2016, 04:53:44 pm »

Vote: faust

Like Resistance, it's pretty much a guess as to who to pick if you're a Liberal President (or, Hitler too, I guess)...I think you should choose me, but I may be a bit biased. Faust and Tables are giving me scummy math vibes.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2016, 04:56:21 pm »

hmm... and i thought we could all get along and be friends... I guess thats not how this game is really played.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30  All

Page created in 1.796 seconds with 19 queries.