Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: News on forthcoming expansions  (Read 50009 times)

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
Re: News on forthcoming expansions
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2012, 12:59:27 am »

Quote from: Jay Tummelson
As I did not see an entry yet for this expansion, I decided to post this here. We have decided to postpone the release of the Dominion: Base Card item for 3-4 weeks in order to add something to the box that we hope everyone will find useful. We will post more information about this when we are closer to releasing the game. Thanks for your understanding.

Source: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/784112/dominion-base-cards

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2012, 12:05:11 am »

Was news ever this scarce for other expansions?  I mean, news for Hinterlands (such as images and card details) came well before the October release date.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2012, 12:55:38 am »

Was news ever this scarce for other expansions?  I mean, news for Hinterlands (such as images and card details) came well before the October release date.
I am not sure whether you're talking about Base Cards or Dark Ages. For Base Cards, man, you know what all the cards do! You just don't know what they look like. For Dark Ages, you will get a blurb when the product page goes up at RGG, and then previews a week before it comes out, probably the full week ahead of the week in which GenCon starts, to reduce the chance that the previews get spoiled. You know, the Monday of the week before even if GenCon starts Thursday or whatever it is. But uh that's it, and that's normal.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2012, 01:02:50 am »

Ah, but October wasn't the official 'release date'. It was the 'all the non-GenCon attendees release date'. Likewise, we'll know all the Dark Ages cards in August, but won't be able to actually buy it until around October. At least that's how it's been for recent sets.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2012, 01:10:21 am »

Ah, but October wasn't the official 'release date'. It was the 'all the non-GenCon attendees release date'. Likewise, we'll know all the Dark Ages cards in August, but won't be able to actually buy it until around October. At least that's how it's been for recent sets.
You are thinking of other sets. Hinterlands came out in October at Essen. I started previews a week before Essen.

Prosperity had shipping problems that meant people who got it at Essen had it way before other people. Cornucopia and Alchemy debuted at the Gathering of Friends and that meant people knew the cards a while before they could get them.

I expect that copies of Dark Ages at GenCon will have been shipped normally, not air-shipped, and if that's so then it will be full-on out then. If that doesn't work out and they are air-shipped then yes there will be whatever shipping delay before stores have it.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2012, 03:18:44 am »

I am not sure whether you're talking about Base Cards or Dark Ages. For Base Cards, man, you know what all the cards do! You just don't know what they look like. For Dark Ages, you will get a blurb when the product page goes up at RGG, and then previews a week before it comes out, probably the full week ahead of the week in which GenCon starts, to reduce the chance that the previews get spoiled. You know, the Monday of the week before even if GenCon starts Thursday or whatever it is. But uh that's it, and that's normal.
I liked how with Hinterlands the cards were revealed two at a time. I was disappointed when the German rules were leaked.

This gave us a chance to have some interesting discussions about what we thought about the cards and it's fun to be wrong, ain't it, my dear friend Jack?

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2012, 10:08:17 am »

I liked how with Hinterlands the cards were revealed two at a time. I was disappointed when the German rules were leaked.

It was noticing that there were two (fool's gold and nomad camp wasn't it?) new cards on isotropic that got me curious and eventually led me to investigate online discovering theory's blog and this wonderful forum. I really liked how two were previewed at a time and hope it can be replicated? Without any leaks this time.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2012, 11:34:20 am »

You are thinking of other sets. Hinterlands came out in October at Essen. I started previews a week before Essen.

Prosperity had shipping problems that meant people who got it at Essen had it way before other people. Cornucopia and Alchemy debuted at the Gathering of Friends and that meant people knew the cards a while before they could get them.

I expect that copies of Dark Ages at GenCon will have been shipped normally, not air-shipped, and if that's so then it will be full-on out then. If that doesn't work out and they are air-shipped then yes there will be whatever shipping delay before stores have it.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the detailed response. I look forward to your previews for Dark Ages and hope to see the 'two cards per day' scheme again.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2012, 02:27:36 pm »

I was mainly talking about the base cards.  I really want to know what they look like!  I'm also curious about this extra stuff Rio Grande is talking about, though I'm sure your lips are sealed about that.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2012, 02:40:09 pm »

From a couple of pages back:

Given that the Base cards are supposed to be coming out this month, when do you think we'll start seeing the art for them?
Probably not until it's out and someone scans them.

Edit: Aaaaaaand I just realised that was in response to you. Not really sure what else you're asking for at this point.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2012, 06:50:43 pm »

From a couple of pages back:

Given that the Base cards are supposed to be coming out this month, when do you think we'll start seeing the art for them?
Probably not until it's out and someone scans them.

Edit: Aaaaaaand I just realised that was in response to you. Not really sure what else you're asking for at this point.

Mainly I'm antsy and trying to stir up conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2012, 06:52:34 pm »

Also - Hinterlands had an Amazon page up for a couple months before release - the Base Cards don't have a page...

Willvon

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +168
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2012, 12:32:39 am »

Ah, I see. Thanks for the detailed response. I look forward to your previews for Dark Ages and hope to see the 'two cards per day' scheme again.

I too eagerly look forward to the card previews before the release of Dark Ages.  In fact, it would be great if Donald was able to start the previews a little earlier this time.  Since it appears there are going to be over 40 cards, he could easily start previews three weeks before release at Gencon and still not reveal all of the cards before hand. 

Personally, I would love to see the whole expansion be revealed two cards at a time over a period of weeks.  The anticipation and excitement that would bring to its release would be quite profound.  Imagine all of the discussion it will prompt also, and not discussion about what somebody thinks is going to be in the set, but discussion about the real cards and how to integrate them into our games.

Please, Donald, if you can fit it into your schedule, give us as many previews as you reasonably can.  I think it was the best possible way to reveal the last expansion, and everybody loved it.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2012, 09:37:05 am »
+3

higher resolution image here.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2012, 10:14:06 am »
+13

Base cards only! Not playable by itself.

But since just buying money and VP is the best strategy, this is all I really need. 

::)

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2012, 11:15:11 am »

Is the "Base Cards Only" warning on the box art itself? It's kind of ugly. Why not just put it on the plastic wrapping?

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2012, 11:19:27 am »

i assume it is on the box itself because previous expansions have a similar warning note.  it just stands out on this box more because it is a smaller sized box.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2012, 02:16:16 am »

i assume it is on the box itself because previous expansions have a similar warning note.  it just stands out on this box more because it is a smaller sized box.

Where did you find the picture?

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2012, 04:20:14 am »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2012, 05:38:32 pm »
+1

So... we're officially halfway through May...  is Donald X pulling a George R R Martin on us with this Base Cards set?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2012, 05:43:53 pm »
+2

So... we're officially halfway through May...  is Donald X pulling a George R R Martin on us with this Base Cards set?

I don't think Donald X. even needed to be involved with the Base Cards set. There wasn't any game design needed to my knowledge. It's just Rio Grande and their suppliers.

Like I said in the BGG thread, I expect it on March 87th.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2012, 06:34:29 pm »
+1

I don't think Donald X. even needed to be involved with the Base Cards set. There wasn't any game design needed to my knowledge. It's just Rio Grande and their suppliers.

The umpteenth of Septober?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2012, 07:17:14 pm »

The umpteenth of Septober?

That's when I'm expecting Dark Ages (for non-GenCon-attendees).

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2012, 08:32:32 pm »

They've been pretty good at getting real expansions out within a month or so of when they say. So I think Dark ages will be out at the con, and then afterwards only a few weeks.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2012, 10:09:58 pm »
+2

And if Isotropic still exists, which it may very well, we should have Dark Ages up after it's released at GenCon as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.