Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11  All

Author Topic: Waiting for Adventures On-line  (Read 70214 times)

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
Re: Waiting for Adventures On-line
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2016, 04:41:15 pm »

Yeah, check this out
http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?10154-Release-Notes-v-2-1-with-Adventures

Relocated Buttons

The End Turn and End Actions buttons, as well as the Play Treasures and Play a Coin Token buttons that may appear with them, have been relocated lower to help prevent accidental clicks. (983, 2338)

The irony is that these actually make for more accidental clicks if you're used to the old locations. I believe the "End Turn" button is where the "Play All Treasures" button used to be. (This is based on my experience beta testing it.)
Just had my first game with the update : my opponent misclicked two times in a row (turn 2 and 3, opening 2/5  ;D)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2016, 04:41:34 pm »
+2

hey sheeple folks who have money and are willing to give it to makingfun to get adventures, i am really cool and fun dominion competition, ask anyone about how cool and fun i am, play with me yo, my name is ehunt

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5159
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2016, 04:50:52 pm »
+9

Something is wrong: I did the update, purchased the new set, but there aren't any new heads in the crystal ball!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2016, 05:07:31 pm »

SCSN will update MMF some day in the near future, I guess.

I'd think (hope, rather) he'd have his hands full working on the new implementation, rather than spending time salvaging the current one.

Well, he plays league matches and he definitely dislikes the the standard UI ;)

He said in the Mic_Q stream, he doesn't want to buy Adventures and hence a MMF update is unlikely to happen.

TBH I'd be willing to pay for a second copy of Adventures to make this happen, if that's all it took. But I understand if he doesn't want to keep modifying the software anymore.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2016, 05:09:02 pm »
+2

OMG Raze is so much fun ! Can't believe I lived one year without it !

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2016, 05:10:30 pm »
+6

My first adventures game online: http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160502/log.0.1462223176659.txt

Totally crazy, and I didn't even play it very well!

I end the game by emptying 5 piles, using 55 coins, and accumulating 55 victory points. AdamH would have been proud.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Harley_Beckett

• Spy
  • Respect: +138
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2016, 05:16:37 pm »

Just updated the iPad app!  Baltimora!

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5159
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2016, 05:32:43 pm »
+1

Ferry/Upgrade is such a hilarious combo. Yes, I'll buy an Upgrade for $3. And then I'll turn all my Estates into Upgrades!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 02, 2016, 05:36:16 pm »

Currently busy owning the Adventures adventures campaign (man, if we still had Goko that would actually be a thing). 8/8 so far!
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2016, 06:06:08 pm »
+1

anyone up for a few matches? (I own it)
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2016, 06:11:00 pm »

Artificer and Highway is pretty cool, since Artificer is a cantrip gainer.   

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2016, 06:16:18 pm »
+2

What I imagine is happening at MF's offices right now:

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2016, 06:54:14 pm »

What I imagine is happening at MF's offices right now:

Joel Grey has always been just awesomely creepy.  He was excellent in the fifth season of Buffy.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 02, 2016, 07:35:18 pm »
+5

Just played my first Haunted Woods game. Boy, weird card. There's a lot of things I'm learning about Adventures by having the interface make me do things -- like even if I have more than one buy, after the very first buy I have to put my whole hand on top of my deck. Matters for things like Farmland -- very interesting!

aku_chi

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: aku chi
  • Respect: +1436
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2016, 11:45:06 pm »

Just played my first Haunted Woods game. Boy, weird card. There's a lot of things I'm learning about Adventures by having the interface make me do things -- like even if I have more than one buy, after the very first buy I have to put my whole hand on top of my deck. Matters for things like Farmland -- very interesting!
Wow.  I haven't played like that IRL.  That makes Scouting Party a really good counter to Haunted Woods so long as you have +buy.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2016, 11:48:47 pm »
+4

Starting at 1:22:25 you can see the first two online 6-player Messenger games:

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2016, 11:58:29 pm »

I just bought Adventures for Dominion Online and finished playing some games with Adventures cards. Yay! I mostly played against the AI, but I played against a human opponent on a board that had Raze.

Is there a way to play against a bot besides Serf bot? Serf bot seems really weak, even for an AI.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1792
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 03, 2016, 12:00:40 am »
+2

I just bought Adventures for Dominion Online and finished playing some games with Adventures cards. Yay! I mostly played against the AI, but I played against a human opponent on a board that had Raze.

Is there a way to play against a bot besides Serf bot? Serf bot seems really weak, even for an AI.

You either need to beat Serf Bot a lot of times (seriously, like maybe dozens of times) so it thinks you're a good enough player to deserve a better bot, or the much preferred approach is to use the Challenge screen to challenge Lord Bottington by name (or any other bot that's decent). However, I would also play you, and I promise much better play than any bot!

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 03, 2016, 12:20:40 am »

Just got destroyed by Hiro some Adventures games. I won the first one handily, and then I forgot about some things in other games. We played four games, and he out played me in the second. In the third game, it was Rebuild, and I got the worst possible shuffle of my last Estate in hand with Rebuild as he buys the two of the last 3 Duchies, sealing my fate. In the fourth game, I probably should have won, but I wasn't paying attention to piles at first and he hit an incredible $8 when he needed it the most, so I ended up losing. All in all though, good games. I got outplayed, and I look forward to playing Hiro again.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:22:05 am by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Triumph44

• Salvager
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 03, 2016, 02:22:41 am »
+1

Just spent about 5 hours playing Adventures, first with only Base mixed in, then with other sets but with Adventures weighted heavier - got to see every new card but one, and almost all the Events as well.

Implementation seems surprisingly good.  The only thing I think is a real misstep is forcing you to keep track of how many cards you discarded with Artificer - I lost count and was too lazy to check the log, so instead of gaining a Province I discarded 7 cards and gained nothing.

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 03, 2016, 11:43:14 am »
+1

Just spent about 5 hours playing Adventures, first with only Base mixed in, then with other sets but with Adventures weighted heavier - got to see every new card but one, and almost all the Events as well.

Implementation seems surprisingly good.  The only thing I think is a real misstep is forcing you to keep track of how many cards you discarded with Artificer - I lost count and was too lazy to check the log, so instead of gaining a Province I discarded 7 cards and gained nothing.

It says right on the screen "X cards discarded so far"

bug me on discord

they/them

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2016, 11:47:19 am »

I've ended my turn instead of playing my Treasures in probably over half the games I've played so far.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2016, 11:48:12 am »

It says right on the screen "X cards discarded so far"

Also, Storyteller has a message like 'You will currently draw X cards' or something.  Kind of neat. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2016, 11:50:03 am »

Not really sure why it isn't like Butcher, where you can keep spending Tokens or click an available '+' to gain a card, and the '+' appears as the cards are available to gain.  Or does it?  I don't remember at the moment.

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2016, 11:53:09 am »

Not really sure why it isn't like Butcher, where you can keep spending Tokens or click an available '+' to gain a card, and the '+' appears as the cards are available to gain.  Or does it?  I don't remember at the moment.

I would guess it has to do with the gaining being optional, and not wanting the "Done" function to be confusing (done discarding or done gaining???)

bug me on discord

they/them
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.