Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 325559 times)

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1025 on: December 04, 2015, 01:03:11 pm »

The gambit would be to intentionally get into an argument, get pretend upset, leave, gain invincibility through AtE, and come back later.  I'm not sure how legit that possibility is since you already claimed, but it still is a possibility.  It's also a very low-blow play, so I'd like to assume you wouldn't try it, but I've seen it before.

Ok vote: ampharos I would like to be lynched for reasons that are great than a possibility, whatever that means. I think pushing this through with this sort of pseudo logic is scummy

The OMGUS is real.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 04, 2015, 01:09:30 pm »

Haddock - Would vote for him.  Something has felt a bit off all game, probably due to consistent mid-line comments.  Not the strongest Day 1 lynch but I’d be okay with this.
This is interesting.  I'm keen to know what you mean by "consistent mid-line comments".  I honestly don't know whether you're accusing me of something there or what you mean...

Basically what e said.  It's not like OMG HE'S SCUM but there is a good possibility - I like to look for scum where you currently sit: in the zone of nothing too dramatic, nothing too out of the ordinary, and reasonable accord with general consensus.

and yet you are voting for me...?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 04, 2015, 01:10:01 pm »

sounds like you are saying... "anything that anyone does is something that I can manipulate and twist into being scummy."

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 04, 2015, 01:10:58 pm »

The gambit would be to intentionally get into an argument, get pretend upset, leave, gain invincibility through AtE, and come back later.  I'm not sure how legit that possibility is since you already claimed, but it still is a possibility.  It's also a very low-blow play, so I'd like to assume you wouldn't try it, but I've seen it before.

Ok vote: ampharos I would like to be lynched for reasons that are great than a possibility, whatever that means. I think pushing this through with this sort of pseudo logic is scummy

How is what Awaclus is doing any different?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 04, 2015, 01:11:29 pm »

The OMGUS is real.

Not if you're scum!

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 04, 2015, 01:11:35 pm »

Haddock - Would vote for him.  Something has felt a bit off all game, probably due to consistent mid-line comments.  Not the strongest Day 1 lynch but I’d be okay with this.
This is interesting.  I'm keen to know what you mean by "consistent mid-line comments".  I honestly don't know whether you're accusing me of something there or what you mean...

Basically what e said.  It's not like OMG HE'S SCUM but there is a good possibility - I like to look for scum where you currently sit: in the zone of nothing too dramatic, nothing too out of the ordinary, and reasonable accord with general consensus.

and yet you are voting for me...?

Just because I like to look for scum in one place does not mean it could be in another.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 04, 2015, 01:13:24 pm »

who?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 04, 2015, 01:13:52 pm »

Just because I like to look for scum in one place does not mean it could be in another.

very true. well stated.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 04, 2015, 01:14:30 pm »

who?

More seriously though.... ampharos has more votes and I don't necessarily expect him to do that regardless of alignment...

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 04, 2015, 01:16:21 pm »

sounds like you are saying... "anything that anyone does is something that I can manipulate and twist into being scummy."

I'd recommend trying to put yourself in my shoes, try to look at your situation from my PoV, and ask yourself if there's any possibility I could see you as scum.   If you can't, then I guess we're just not going to see eye to eye, which is too bad.  I like your playstyle.

It's important to note that while my vote is on you, I'm not actively trying to get you lynched.  I'm merely answering your questions, which is a lot better than what Awaclus is doing, for example. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: December 04, 2015, 01:18:49 pm »

I'd recommend trying to put yourself in my shoes, try to look at your situation from my PoV, and ask yourself if there's any possibility I could see you as scum.   If you can't, then I guess we're just not going to see eye to eye, which is too bad.  I like your playstyle.

It's important to note that while my vote is on you, I'm not actively trying to get you lynched.  I'm merely answering your questions, which is a lot better than what Awaclus is doing, for example.

That's, like, worse. 

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 04, 2015, 01:19:37 pm »

That's, like, worse.

Like, totes. *hairflip*

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 04, 2015, 01:21:26 pm »

yuma isn't great.

YPG is sort of okay. Feeling worse about him lately.

iguanda is, despite recent towniness, still on top of my want-lynch list

let's try vote: .... oh wait no because YPG said he doesn't feel threatened because I switch my vote around too often. I don't like that. I like to be threatening.

But I'll ask again, would people support a Haddock lynch? Or a WW lynch?

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 04, 2015, 01:23:57 pm »

yuma isn't great.

let's try vote: .... oh wait no because YPG said he doesn't feel threatened because I switch my vote around too often. I don't like that. I like to be threatening.

Yes to both, if my vote was needed.  And I have a feeling it may be today.

Speaking of which, unvote.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 04, 2015, 01:25:19 pm »

There are lots of possibilities where I could be scum! There are lots of possibilities for everyone. But that isn't the point. Because there are lots of possibilities where I could be town. And in your shoes I think it should be apparent that the possibilities of my being town are 1. greater in number and 2. more likely than the possibilities of my being scum. AND more importantly 3. are less likely than the possibilities of other people being scum.

You seem to admit this yourself in stating: "I'm not sure how legit that possibility is since" and other similar statements and saying you are not actively pushing for my lynch.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 04, 2015, 01:26:21 pm »

YPG is not an acceptable nickname for someone whose username does not include the letters Y, P or G.

Ok, there's p in there but it's not even a P sound.

@Ampharos : Voting for someone is the exact definition of "actively trying to get someone lynched". Yes you can do more than that, but in essence, that is what a vote is.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 04, 2015, 01:27:28 pm »

yuma isn't great.

I would downright oppose a Haddock lynch. I think I'd oppose a WW lynch too, though I'm not as confident there.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 04, 2015, 01:27:32 pm »

also.... assuming I live... do people want me to shoot tonight?

I feel like I am starting to like the idea of shooting tonight a bit more. Unless we hit scum, then I think I like it less. But if everyone (or even a significant minority) is panic-mode and doesn't think I should then I won't.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 04, 2015, 01:29:13 pm »

YPG is not an acceptable nickname for someone whose username does not include the letters Y, P or G.

@Ampharos : Voting for someone is the exact definition of "actively trying to get someone lynched". Yes you can do more than that, but in essence, that is what a vote is.

For what it's worth, I don't care if people YPG me, that's cool if they want to.  It is, technically, accurate.

I think you know what I mean though about actively lynching someone. SS has voted for basically everybody about 3 times now, but you can't say he's actively trying to get everyone simultaneously lynched.  It's more of a "let's put this here and see what we can get from it".  Actively pushing for someone to get lynched is voting, then trying to persuade everyone else to vote for them. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 04, 2015, 01:30:01 pm »

I'm all for reckless shooting.

Also,

Vote: Ampharos

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 04, 2015, 01:34:38 pm »

For what it's worth, I don't care if people YPG me, that's cool if they want to.  It is, technically, accurate.

I think you know what I mean though about actively lynching someone.

I know what you mean, but I agree with yuma that your vote on him made no sense considering what you were saying about him (the maaaaaybe he was scum) and other people like Haddock (the he was exactly where you'd look for scum).

Re : YPG, it's more a question of clarity than anything else.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 04, 2015, 01:35:55 pm »

I think you know what I mean though about actively lynching someone.

I know what you mean, but I agree with yuma that your vote on him made no sense considering what you were saying about him (the maaaaaybe he was scum) and other people like Haddock (the he was exactly where you'd look for scum).

Re : YPG, it's more a question of clarity than anything else.

Right, which is partially why I unvoted.  Mainly because I'm inclined to believe him for now though.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 04, 2015, 01:37:37 pm »

Vote Count 1.11:

Ampharos (5): ss, Hydrad, 2.7, yuma, WW
EgorK (2): iguana, Haddock
yuma (2): Awaclus, faust
2.7 (2): EgorK, Teproc

Not Voting (2): RR, Ampharos

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on December 8 at 9:00 a.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 04, 2015, 01:42:40 pm »

what? you're wrong. YPG is a great nickname.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 04, 2015, 01:43:34 pm »

Ampharos, on the other hand, confuses me. It always reminds me of Amorphis.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 139  All

Page created in 2.385 seconds with 20 queries.