Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 326798 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1250 on: December 05, 2015, 11:50:44 am »

Vote: Amaphoros
This Awaclus thing is looking like Harry Potter day one, except in Harry Potter we didn't waste 2,000 posts.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: December 05, 2015, 11:55:12 am »

This Awaclus thing is looking like Harry Potter day one, except in Harry Potter we didn't waste 2,000 posts.

italics?  Really?  Just vote for him if you want to.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: December 05, 2015, 11:58:18 am »

And "waste" is a strong word.  A lot of good stuff has happened D1.  Don't underestimate the interactions that occur D1 when rereading on D5
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: December 05, 2015, 12:04:19 pm »

italics?  Really?  Just vote for him if you want to.
It's too early to be voting correctly.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 05, 2015, 12:09:49 pm »

I don't know what people complain about. This has by all sensible measures been a great day 1 with tons of stuff going on. Too much content? really? you're just lazy

Awaclus wagon is a double edged sword. pros: he has done nothing towny, isn't particularly pro town, and has been flying under the radar. Cons: he hasn't done anything scummy, either.

YPG is better I think

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: December 05, 2015, 12:17:34 pm »

I don't know what people complain about. This has by all sensible measures been a great day 1 with tons of stuff going on. Too much content? really? you're just lazy

Awaclus wagon is a double edged sword. pros: he has done nothing towny, isn't particularly pro town, and has been flying under the radar. Cons: he hasn't done anything scummy, either.

YPG is better I think

There isn't too much content. It is that right now the content lacks context. Context will come in time.

I am in the YPG being a bad lynch camp

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: December 05, 2015, 12:18:38 pm »

And ash stated that in terms of mechanics my kill acts like any other except that I don't get to do the choosing, so it could be manipulated if mafia had such a role. Makes me want to use it less

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: December 05, 2015, 12:22:47 pm »

YPG is better I think

So I thought, but recently I think he's scummy. It feels like he is tunnelling yuma so he does not have to provide opinions on the rest of the game.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1258 on: December 05, 2015, 12:25:12 pm »

So I thought, but recently I think he's scummy. It feels like he is tunnelling yuma so he does not have to provide opinions on the rest of the game.

I don't see a reason why everyone shouldn't tunnel someone who's evidently not town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: December 05, 2015, 12:31:07 pm »

Vote: Awaclus

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: December 05, 2015, 01:02:33 pm »

I give this wagon a B-
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 05, 2015, 01:49:04 pm »

The Case On 2.7, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Lynch*

I like a vote: Ampharos

You know, something to get me on the board. 

[a lot more stuff about silverspawn's case on Ampharos and how it was all wrong]

Something to get him on the board. Precisely. This whole reread stuff is what alerted me. Because there's nothing there, or to be more precise, there's just enough to pass as townie. From someone who had been away for the first two or three days you'd expect a fresh perspective on things, but e just comes in and comments on stuff everyone's been talking about, says stuff pretty close to what everyone's been saying etc. The two people he comments on the most here are silver and Ampharos, ie the two main "wagons" at that time.

reads (no particular order)

Town

silverspawn
RR
iguana
yuma
hydrad

meh
witherweaver
Teproc
EgorK
Awaclus
Haddock

scummier
Ampharos
faust

I felt kind of bad leaving Ampharos on his own with the scummier side of things so I threw faust in there too.  Not really sure what to think about Haddock at this point, Awaclus could be scum, Teproc is cool, witherweaver is interesting.

And he tops it off with a reads post that basically looks like the average of everyone's read at the time. We say all the time scum wants to blend in : these posts blend in so much they're basically transparent.

There's very little after that, before :

vote: Awaclus

I think his position on yuma is taking advantage of the situation we have with yuma.

I am interested how the yuma situation develops, but I don't see what he is doing as a scum tell

Exactly where I'd expect scum to be w/ regards to yuma during his absence, especially if yuma is town. He knows yuma is not very likely to be lynched here, but he will probably flip relatively early, so he can capitalize by arguing scum is jumping on the "easy" yuma mislynch. Attacking Awaclus is also never an unpopular position, so there.

Back to vote: ampharos

After Awaclus doesn't pan out as a wagon, but Ampharos still has one.

Scums sure like the yuma lynch. Although the faust vote seems like town who isn't appreciative of yuma's current approach to the game.

"People voting yuma are scum, except for this guy who's not a realistic day 1 lynch"

Aka "Look at all this work I'm doing ! Aren't I so townie ?"

Let's do this thing.

Vote: Awaclus

And finally, there's his voting pattern.

#625 : Votes Ampharos (2)
#819: Votes Awaclus (2)
#920: Votes Ampharos (4)
#1244 : Votes Awaclus (4)

Tunneling is a nice position for scum on day 1, because you're less conspicuous. Granted he's expanded his tunneling to "all players starting with an A", but still, voting for only two people is not the sign of a super productive townie. It also helps that Ampharos has consistently been among the top "wagons" all game and Awaclus is always going to be seen as a potential lynch by most people.

TL;DR : 2.7 has been blending, trying very hard to appear as a productive townie while in reality only commenting on stuff everyone else had already commented on and focusing on popular lynch targets. The only time he didn't go with the flow was on yuma, because that wagon had very little chance of actually resulting in a lynch, and he just had to reap the town points and strike the easy targets.

TL;DR (meta edition) : 2.7 is doing a version of what I do when I'm scum.

* No reason, I just watched Strangelove recently. It's pretty great.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 05, 2015, 01:56:56 pm »

And ash stated that in terms of mechanics my kill acts like any other except that I don't get to do the choosing, so it could be manipulated if mafia had such a role. Makes me want to use it less

and I can't specifically state what my kill flavor will be. But it should be really, really obvious. Think of The Hulk and it should come pretty easily.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 05, 2015, 01:58:30 pm »

I am currently going through a new experience

I can feel my hopefully objective judgement flying out the window and find myself incapable of evaluating whether or not teproc's case is actually good or I just want it to be good, because my goal for today has somehow become GET SOMEONE ELSE LYNCHED (who isn't one of my town reads). It has been a subtle process but now it's there.

eh. vote: e

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 05, 2015, 01:58:56 pm »

I think of teproc as one of the better scum hunters. hopefully I'm right.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 05, 2015, 01:59:48 pm »

It is really good. Unlike this case on 2.7. I give it a D-. And B- is pretty good for a day1 lynch I think.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 05, 2015, 02:00:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure I'm a worse scumhunter than you. I think my case is pretty good here, though it probably suffers a fair bit from confirmation bias. You should probably reread e yourself if you feel unsure about it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: December 05, 2015, 02:01:27 pm »

I'm pretty sure I'm a worse scumhunter than you.

wow, thanks!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1268 on: December 05, 2015, 02:01:35 pm »

Well, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if e was yuma's partner.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: December 05, 2015, 02:02:38 pm »

It is really good. Unlike this case on 2.7. I give it a D-. And B- is pretty good for a day1 lynch I think.

Rethinking it, B- was generous. The problem, as always, with lynching Awaclus, is that if you mislynch him you don't learn much.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: December 05, 2015, 03:13:51 pm »

and I can't specifically state what my kill flavor will be. But it should be really, really obvious. Think of The Hulk and it should come pretty easily.

Like, not in one piece?

PPE: some

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: December 05, 2015, 03:31:34 pm »

Rethinking it, B- was generous. The problem, as always, with lynching Awaclus, is that if you mislynch him you don't learn much.

This argument again?  We will learn plenty

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: December 05, 2015, 03:35:05 pm »

I'll admit that the problem is more that I am not particularly convinced Awaclus is scum. If your argument is "Awaclus is being unhelpful", I'm sorry to break it to you, but that doesn't mean much with regards to his alignment.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: December 05, 2015, 03:49:38 pm »

I'll admit that the problem is more that I am not particularly convinced Awaclus is scum. If your argument is "Awaclus is being unhelpful", I'm sorry to break it to you, but that doesn't mean much with regards to his alignment.

That isn't the argument at all.  Well, not mine at least.  What made me vote Awaclus was how he came onto the Yuma wagon.  It felt like he was trying to take advantage of the situation and get an easy lynch in.  Now, he just won't switch off and won't consider anything else.  At this point, he is making a gambit with his "uselessness."  Getting people like you to argue that he is not a good lynch because we wont learn much.

He won't change his mantra.  His mantra is not scummy by itself, but refusing to look anywhere else is I think

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: December 05, 2015, 04:07:39 pm »

Oh, right. Well I also disagree with that, because that's not an easy lynch at all. As I've explained, I actually find your use of this argument scummy.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 139  All

Page created in 1.492 seconds with 19 queries.