Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M71 - Harry Potter II: JK++ The ORDER OF THE PHOENIX WINS  (Read 168595 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: M71 - Harry Potter II: JK++ (Day 2)
« Reply #900 on: November 20, 2015, 09:32:31 pm »

Jokes aside?

Not sure if joking. Asking "who are you frustrated with" is pretty personal.
Is it? Like, I'm frustrated with Yuma for being so closed minded toward anything other than Scum
RR. I suppose I am a tad frustrated with Joseph and Hydrad as well.

Sorry you are frustrated. Unfortunately frustration isn't an alignment tell. I am perfectly willing to concede that you may be, and probably are actually are very frustrated. Town gets frustrated when mislynched. Scum gets frustrated when accurately lynched.

But you know what is most frustrating? When you feel like you have a really good read on a player, let yourself get talked out of it by other players and then lose the game because, or partially because of it. That I am holding my ground had nothing to do with you personally, but from bitter experience of being right before and not standing my ground. I think I am onto something good here. You will disagree no matter what, that is a given. If something better comes up I'll consider that as well, but I am not going to change my read on you just because you say I should.
Well no, if you would change your read just based on that I would have no votes on me. And I should probably step back and realize that you're still a human being. You came up with an idea that looks good to you, and it sucks (in your case) to have people tear it apart. It's like having an essay edited, then someone ruins it by taking entire paragraphs out and changing stuff.

The thing is though, I haven't seen you consider anything. Maybe this is because I have been known to skim read, but you barely make a case on Awaclus, you are letting Faust be and you haven't even mentioned poor Hydrad.

And I'm sorry about past experiences where people screwed you over. But I'm not one of those people! I'm new to Mafia! Maybe I'm not like them. Maybe Iguana isn't like them (but he's dead). Maybe Haddock isn't like them. There are a few new players in this game, maybe the Mafia culture of F.ds can be remodeled.
PPE 2
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 20, 2015, 09:33:35 pm »

Oh, I would like to point something out.
If I don't get lynched today, Yuma could be night killed.
This does mean I am scum, this means people are trying to frame me as scum by killing the person who is after me.
PPE

Scummy post On the level of the "cop me" cause I am a godfather post by mail Mi that ash and I talked about earlier today.

i'm curious how did that even ended up? did you guys realize he was godfather right away?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 20, 2015, 09:33:44 pm »

This does mean I am scum, this means people are trying to frame me as scum by killing the person who is after me.
PPE

Scummy post On the level of the "cop me" cause I am a godfather post by mail Mi that ash and I talked about earlier today.
I'm sorry. Maybe I missed a comma or something. But I completely did not understand this post. It looks like gibberish to me.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 20, 2015, 09:35:40 pm »

I waited because I didn't think it was a big deal at all.
I didn't know I was associated with OMGUSing.
It probably does look suspicious, and I'm sorry for all of us if that is the case.
And as you learn a thing or two about Mafia, you get better. You start to phase out the crap strategies.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 20, 2015, 09:37:20 pm »

To be clear I don't hold it against people for trying to convince me away from a case or read I have. That is their perogative as scum. It means they are playing well.

I don't have anything to say about HTSNBN. Haddock I found scummy earlier. Just not as scummy. Hydrad I have stated is a poor lynch. Gkreig I kinda find scummy. Ash and Faust are both suspicious in my eyes when in conjunction. All of these things I have stated already. Not all my posts are about you..,

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 20, 2015, 09:38:43 pm »

PPE

I'm sorry. Maybe I missed a comma or something. But I completely did not understand this post. It looks like gibberish to me.

i'll try to explain.

so godfather is a scum role that when a cop looks at them they show up as town instead of scum.

what mail-mi did in a game a while ago was say something along the lines of "cop me and you will see I'm town" Although I don't know exactly what happened I'm kinda guessing as how this is how it went along. People probably realized that its such a weird thing and scummy thing to say as town almost never says something like that so they realized mail-mi was the godfather from it.

I think thats how it went down? But don't trust me 100% here as I haven't actually read the game for that and am just assuming how it happened.

PPE
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 20, 2015, 09:39:51 pm »

PPE

i'm curious how did that even ended up? did you guys realize he was godfather right away?

He was already under pressure. Like at l-2. And he said, let's lynch x today and then have the cop investigate me during the night. He will see that I am town.

So it became apparent that he likely was scum already and that just pushed him over the ledge really quick. I think his scum partner actually is the one who first made a comment about it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #907 on: November 20, 2015, 09:41:05 pm »

This does mean I am scum

It does? That's surprising.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #908 on: November 20, 2015, 09:43:08 pm »

I don't have anything to say about HTSNBN.

Why do you keep calling me that, though?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 20, 2015, 09:43:16 pm »

PPE

He was already under pressure. Like at l-2. And he said, let's lynch x today and then have the cop investigate me during the night. He will see that I am town.

So it became apparent that he likely was scum already and that just pushed him over the ledge really quick. I think his scum partner actually is the one who first made a comment about it.

ah got it.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 20, 2015, 09:43:52 pm »

I don't have anything to say about HTSNBN.

Why do you keep calling me that, though?

ohh thats what yuma ment. i didn't get it at first

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 20, 2015, 09:55:29 pm »

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 20, 2015, 11:30:54 pm »

Sorry guys, I gotta pistpone my epic speech. I have to wake up early tomorrow, so I will write it hopefully by 2:00 PM tomorrow.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 21, 2015, 04:33:51 am »

To be clear I don't hold it against people for trying to convince me away from a case or read I have. That is their perogative as scum. It means they are playing well.

This is misleading... again. It is also our perogative as town.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 21, 2015, 04:42:27 am »

I see. So, Faust, as an excellent Mafia player, what do you think the best argument for scum RR is? Is it the fact that I haven't OMGUSed? Is it the fact that I am not a robot and I don't do the exact same thing every time? Or is it something else?

So you are asking what's the thing you did that is most scummy in my eyes? That's not easy... I agree that the post about how scum might to frame you by killing yuma is a tad scummy.That would probably be it. Though it is on no level the same as saying "cop me!"

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: November 21, 2015, 04:43:49 am »

eh... I don't get it. I agree that it is a non-answer, but that was inherent to the question. How could you answer it meaningfully?

There are clear town traits that you can name. Some things make specific players more likely town. You can state what they are.

Isn't that just a theoretical question that is in no way linked to this game specifically?

I don't have a catalog of scum and town traits. I look at something and then apply reason and intuition. I tend not to give too much credit to arguments that don't take a player's personality into perspective.
Huh? It is linked to this game. The question is, at this point in the game, is there anything RR could do to make you think he is town?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 21, 2015, 04:45:47 am »

I would like you to find scum.

I would like you to find scum.

How does a Joseph strike your fancy?

Not bad. I would join in there if more people voted Joseph I think... I prefer yuma a bit though.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 21, 2015, 04:46:45 am »

no problem

I have more of an issue with the fact that you're probably scum

What would make you think that RR is town?

If he had acted like he typically acted when faced with persistent and aggressive pressure. But he didn't. Well at least not until I pointed out that he hadn't. That he is doing it now is too little too late.

Also RR has still failed to respond to the posts that he incorrectly stated I didn't respond to....
So your mind is set, RR can do nothing anymore to change it? That's anti-town play.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 21, 2015, 04:47:36 am »

We've been over this. I'm a very defensive player.
So was/am I as scum. I'm sorry, it's just the thing I'm seeing more and more is that this defensiveness seems very like scum!me.
Switch Mafia-I was very defensive. Blitz Mafia-I was very defensive. I flipped town in both of those.

Except you weren't until I called you out. Since then you reverted to your old meta. Prior to that you were a different beast.
I honestly don't see how you could think that RR acts the same as his old meta here.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 21, 2015, 04:50:02 am »

But you know what is most frustrating? When you feel like you have a really good read on a player, let yourself get talked out of it by other players and then lose the game because, or partially because of it. That I am holding my ground had nothing to do with you personally, but from bitter experience of being right before and not standing my ground. I think I am onto something good here. You will disagree no matter what, that is a given. If something better comes up I'll consider that as well, but I am not going to change my read on you just because you say I should.
This is something I completely expect scum!yuma to do because it fits with the narrative of a prior game. I would hope that town!yuma tries to live in the present a bit more.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 21, 2015, 04:50:51 am »

And again my point in rebuttal to what you originally said is: if you intended from the start to eliminate omgus from your play why did you not tell everyone of this new found revelation at the start of the game? Why wait until you are called out in it to bring it up. Too convenient

Why would he though?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 21, 2015, 04:57:02 am »

We've been over this. I'm a very defensive player.
So was/am I as scum. I'm sorry, it's just the thing I'm seeing more and more is that this defensiveness seems very like scum!me.
Switch Mafia-I was very defensive. Blitz Mafia-I was very defensive. I flipped town in both of those.

Except you weren't until I called you out. Since then you reverted to your old meta. Prior to that you were a different beast.
I honestly don't see how you could think that RR acts the same as his old meta here.

You agree he doesn't match his old meta and yet you defend him? Yuma is arguing he wasn't matching his old meta...
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 21, 2015, 05:01:41 am »

You agree he doesn't match his old meta and yet you defend him? Yuma is arguing he wasn't matching his old meta...

Well, I agree. But I don't think it is scummy.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 21, 2015, 05:04:04 am »

Man, how often do we all say "he's not acting like his town self" or "he doesn't remind me of that town game" when we make cases?  Why does that not apply here?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 21, 2015, 05:41:40 am »

Man, how often do we all say "he's not acting like his town self" or "he doesn't remind me of that town game" when we make cases?  Why does that not apply here?

Because RR is new and it is only natural that his meta would change in between games. Also, in general an argument as above can is much stronger if you already know the scum meta of the player. I don't think the arguments usually o as you described above, because that's a weak argument. They're more like "he does seem more like this game where he was scum than that game where he was town".
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 20 queries.