Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM29: Board Game Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 163499 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: RMM29: Board Game Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #975 on: January 08, 2016, 10:40:02 am »

I'm talking about the person he uses his power on.

Um,what? I don't understand how anyone else gets made IC from it. He told us he targeted SirMartin. If we lynch SirMartin AND Haddock survives the night (a major conditional, there) then he can attempt to resurrect SirMartin. If SirMartin doesn't come back he was scum, good riddance. If he does come back he was Town and thus IC.

... can't scum!Haddock just claim town!SirMartin was scum?
What? No. I thought I was pretty damn clear on this point.  If someone is scum and I target them and we lynch them, they die normally and are revealed as scum. 
Phone post,  I have more to say later.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM29: Board Game Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #976 on: January 08, 2016, 10:51:58 am »

Not at all:

*in.

So I am Last night On Earth, the ameritrash Reviving Janitor.

My role isn't that amazing and requires some coordination to work at all, hence why I'm fairly happy to claim here.
It's a two part thing.
The first part is called Eaten Brains. It's a night action where I try to predict the next day's lynch. If I predict correctly then that persons details will be hidden at the flip. Then I can use the other part, which is called "I feel kinda strange" to revive that person on a later day.
As I understand it, it will fail if used on scum, which only makes it better as far as I can tell.

Does everyone else have flavour names assigned to their individual roles? I thought that was kinda awesome.

This sounds to me like you're saying the Resurrection will fail if used on scum, not the Janitor part.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 08, 2016, 11:02:16 am »

Um,what? I don't understand how anyone else gets made IC from it. He told us he targeted SirMartin. If we lynch SirMartin AND Haddock survives the night (a major conditional, there) then he can attempt to resurrect SirMartin. If SirMartin doesn't come back he was scum, good riddance. If he does come back he was Town and thus IC.

What? No. I thought I was pretty damn clear on this point.  If someone is scum and I target them and we lynch them, they die normally and are revealed as scum. 

Yeah, no, you weren't clear on that. But since your claiming it now you'll probably be smeared as scum for modifying your claim when in fact it makes your claim infinitely more provable.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 08, 2016, 11:20:53 am »

Yeah, no, you weren't clear on that. But since your claiming it now you'll probably be smeared as scum for modifying your claim when in fact it makes your claim infinitely more provable.

Provable by lynching who he wants and expecting him to do something without being blocked or killed.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 08, 2016, 11:36:48 am »

Fair enough, ash, why does scum!haddock want town!chairs dead?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 08, 2016, 11:39:17 am »

Actually Chairs is sensible as a target.. he doesn't post much and is really hard to read.. if Haddock is seeing his role as a pseudo investigative role, then that makes sense.

Chairs didn't get replaced until the day started, right?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 08, 2016, 11:45:35 am »

Dunno.  I'm not actually trying to draw a scum narrative here.  I'm just poking holes in your town narrative.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 08, 2016, 11:57:38 am »

Dunno.  I'm not actually trying to draw a scum narrative here.  I'm just poking holes in your town narrative.

Also fair enough. My real issue is the wagon, though. As you can see there's no good scum narrative but still a mounting wagon.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 08, 2016, 12:05:47 pm »

@PPS  So you're voting for WW because you think the Haddock wagon is bad and that WW was on it so he is scum?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 08, 2016, 12:11:14 pm »

I agree with ash that the town should unite.  It seems like with two neighborhoods, there will be interesting interactions among the town members anyway.  Neighborhoods are interesting in RMM because they make a small number of people make reads based on slightly more information than the rest of town has.  Someone can have a claim based on what seems like little reasoning, but it can be based off something in the neighborhood.

As for ash's plan, I think it is an ok one.  Town does need to unite, which means we need to make sure the components that prevent the other town faction from winning need to stay in the correct faction. 

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 08, 2016, 12:13:34 pm »

I'll add that I no longer need to hammer. My job is done. I mean I can make use of future hammers/components but yesterday's hammer was the priority.

Interesting.  So I guess we should elect a new hammerer?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 08, 2016, 12:14:12 pm »

I'll add that I no longer need to hammer. My job is done. I mean I can make use of future hammers/components but yesterday's hammer was the priority.

Interesting.  So I guess we should elect a new hammerer?

Nevermind, I still think it should be you.  I would rather you get the components.  You are my top townread.

SirMartin

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 08, 2016, 12:15:59 pm »

Do we want to lynch me and see if Haddock is telling the truth? Or do we want to lynch Haddock? I'm not entirely sure what Haddock thinks he can do, but all I need to know is that if I get lynched I won't die.

And I encourage people not to call me town or scum based on chairs.
And why is it okay to call people 'scum?' I mean, it's supposed to be taken lightly, but man, scum is a really powerful word.

How much of Day One have you read?
All of it in one sitting, so it may have blended together, I probably missed some small details.

SirMartin

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 08, 2016, 12:17:15 pm »

Because chairs is town!

SirMartin

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 08, 2016, 12:18:05 pm »

Actually Chairs is sensible as a target.. he doesn't post much and is really hard to read.. if Haddock is seeing his role as a pseudo investigative role, then that makes sense.

That is correct. If I have a night action, I did not get to use it last night.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: January 08, 2016, 12:19:36 pm »

That is correct. If I have a night action, I did not get to use it last night.

The point was more he chose to target Chairs, not knowing Chairs would be replaced. 

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 08, 2016, 12:19:44 pm »

WW defense seems valid to me as well.

I believe the Haddock claim, I just think the way it was brought out is scummy.  He seems to change his story all the time and his tone today has seemed scummy.  It reminds me a lot of his tone when I pressured him his first scum game for being overly worried of faust having a wagon going on him.

PPE

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 08, 2016, 12:55:05 pm »

I believe the Haddock claim, I just think the way it was brought out is scummy.  He seems to change his story all the time and his tone today has seemed scummy.  It reminds me a lot of his tone when I pressured him his first scum game for being overly worried of faust having a wagon going on him.

PPE
Still on the phone, but I couldn't let this pass. At no point did I "change my story".
I understand that me not saying it was  semi  1 shot originally maybe looks dodgy, that's my error.

But I thought I was clear from the start that if I target scum my power fails entirely. Ash even called me out on my 1 shot thing so ash must have understood from the start.  If ash didn't properly understand the scum-failure clause I don't think he would have thought my role was OP.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 08, 2016, 12:58:24 pm »

PPE
Still on the phone, but I couldn't let this pass. At no point did I "change my story".
I understand that me not saying it was  semi  1 shot originally maybe looks dodgy, that's my error.

But I thought I was clear from the start that if I target scum my power fails entirely. Ash even called me out on my 1 shot thing so ash must have understood from the start.  If ash didn't properly understand the scum-failure clause I don't think he would have thought my role was OP.

My question is how we know the lynched is scum or not when you janitor them.  That isn't a power that is alignment-dependent.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 08, 2016, 01:07:45 pm »

@PPS  So you're voting for WW because you think the Haddock wagon is bad and that WW was on it so he is scum?

I'm feeling like there's scum on the wagon because of how many votes ran up with very little to say about themselves other than, yep, there's some scum right there.
I looked at where these voters were positioned on Haddock D1 and found WW to be consistently using flimsy reasons to vote him so i voted him.

Also, I'm still a little burned he got away with me copping him as scum the last game.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 08, 2016, 01:08:35 pm »

Sorry what?
No the whole thing (inc. Janitoring) only works on town. I thought you understood this, since you were the one who claimed that my role was op as originally stated...
Ppe1

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 08, 2016, 01:10:25 pm »

@ash

Why does town uniting require alignment claiming? 1
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 08, 2016, 01:22:06 pm »

I'm feeling like there's scum on the wagon because of how many votes ran up with very little to say about themselves other than, yep, there's some scum right there.
I looked at where these voters were positioned on Haddock D1 and found WW to be consistently using flimsy reasons to vote him so i voted him.

Also, I'm still a little burned he got away with me copping him as scum the last game.

Me thinking he's scum is not a flimsy reason. 

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 08, 2016, 01:22:54 pm »

Been neglectingthis game because reading Marvel Heroes (and now the QTs from that) is more fun. Will come back to this later, probably tomorrow.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 08, 2016, 08:15:31 pm »

After a reread, I'm a bit more amenable to ash's plan. It does seem like there are some concrete benefits, although I'm not entirely sold.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.