Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Schadd & The Amazing Herald  (Read 1433 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Schadd & The Amazing Herald
« on: April 07, 2016, 10:03:48 pm »

Code: [Select]
Candlestick Maker, Oracle, Armory, Conspirator, Death Cart, Herald, Navigator, Golem, Farmland, Grand Market

https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160408/log.0.1460079475273.txt

In this game, I could not connect a single Herald all game. I think part of the reason is bad shuffles, but I think the primary thing was his Oracles just gave me bad hands. We split Heralds 5/5, I don't see much I could have done. He had 5/2, I had 4/3. Was even buying Silver just a bad idea? I feel like I completely bungled this board, but I don't have the eyes to see it.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Schadd & The Amazing Herald
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 10:28:50 pm »
+4

yeah, CM > silver this game.  action density is what you want, with conspirator, golem, herald, eventually GM.  Silver is just a stop card here, or a card that means you only have 1 action before you play conspirator. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

dedicateddan

• 2017 Dominion Online Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: dan brooks
  • Respect: +1058
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 04:33:42 am »
+1

I like the candlestick maker opening. There are no 5's on the board and candlestick maker plays nicely later.

Golem is the card that really makes the Herald engine take off and getting early golems is very important. Having a few coin tokens can help mitigate the risk of not hitting 4 + potion.

The turning point of the game is turn 9, when Schadd buys Golem and your Armory is drawn dead. Also, saving a few coin tokens and picking up a candlestick maker or oracle here is good.

Pretty log:
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160408/log.0.1460079475273.txt

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 05:41:44 am »
+1

I'd definitely consider Golem here, mostly because there's no good trashing and it defeats the purpose of Oracle a bit.

I would open Armory, CM, get Heralds, Conspirators and a Potion off Armory and just work towards GM.

There's no reason to buy any Treasure other than Potion here.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 09:46:08 am »

Armory / CSM opening here. I would buy a single Potion the entire game and no other treasure. Load up on Heralds, a few more CSMs, probably a second Armory, and Conspirators. I don't even know if you need GM but I would take it if available. Save your coin tokens!

Oracle seems like an important attack but I wouldn't know when to incorporate it - probably after my first Golem?
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 10:22:10 am »

I'd definitely consider Golem here, mostly because there's no good trashing and it defeats the purpose of Oracle a bit.

I would open Armory, CM, get Heralds, Conspirators and a Potion off Armory and just work towards GM.

There's no reason to buy any Treasure other than Potion here.

That was the plan, except I bought some Silver sometimes. I don't think my opponent did. I didn't think it was bad shuffles.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.461 seconds with 21 queries.