Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Open Beta Ending Soon, RIP Goko on 10/15  (Read 38339 times)

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
Re: Open Beta Ending Soon, RIP Goko on 10/15
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2015, 04:15:48 pm »

I think for RC/CotR what there needs to be is just a little button: "Call a Reserve card."  It hovers in the spot currently taken by "End Actions".  The only reason you should ever be asked if you want to call RC (this does not apply to CotR in the least, we can make assumptions like there are for Moat) should be when you involve Throne Room et al.  Golem and Herald in particular will need this.
Definitely read RC as rat catcher.  I thought having the button there all of the time grayed out would be awful and that you were trolling

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2015, 04:16:57 pm »
+2

Well, I read a post somewhere where they said 7 cards were already coded. I'm guessing it was the super easy cards like Port.

But... but how are they going to change the number of cards in the pile!?!?!?!?!? :O
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2015, 04:17:56 pm »
+1

Well, I read a post somewhere where they said 7 cards were already coded. I'm guessing it was the super easy cards like Port.

But... but how are they going to change the number of cards in the pile!?!?!?!?!? :O

They did it for Rats. And, VP cards change from 8 to 12 depending on the amount of players playing. That seems a pretty easy thing for them to do.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2015, 04:22:15 pm »
+2

They did it for Rats. And, VP cards change from 8 to 12 depending on the amount of players playing. That seems a pretty easy thing for them to do.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2015, 05:08:49 pm »

On a scrying pool engine my opponent opened Potion/Silver and I went for Potion/Pawn. Apparently my opponent was very impressed with my Pawn buy, because on turn 3 with $4P in play he also bought a Pawn.

Surely at least this one isn't MF's fault.  Unless you're criticizing their automatch functionality?

I believe he's doing exactly that.  No one should be matched with Stef who would buy Pawn with $4P on a Pool board.

Luckily nobody would ever make a mouseslip.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2015, 05:42:21 pm »
+2

On a scrying pool engine my opponent opened Potion/Silver and I went for Potion/Pawn. Apparently my opponent was very impressed with my Pawn buy, because on turn 3 with $4P in play he also bought a Pawn.

Surely at least this one isn't MF's fault.  Unless you're criticizing their automatch functionality?

I believe he's doing exactly that.  No one should be matched with Stef who would buy Pawn with $4P on a Pool board.

Luckily nobody would ever make a mouseslip.

One of the exceptionally few things that Goko had better than Isotropic is that it's really hard to misclick with the little plus signs.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2015, 06:13:04 pm »
+4

Maybe it's 7 of the 12 ports?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2015, 06:14:59 pm »

Also, is everything really fuzzy for anyone else?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2015, 07:20:42 pm »

Well, it looks like there is no web build yet, so I believe MF just announced my hiatus from dominion. Sad day.

Telling paying customers they can no longer play seems like a really huge problem to me.

Why can't iguanaiguana continue to play?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2015, 07:26:25 pm »
+2

Well, it looks like there is no web build yet, so I believe MF just announced my hiatus from dominion. Sad day.

Telling paying customers they can no longer play seems like a really huge problem to me.

It appears to be available only on PC, Mac, and Linux.  He (and several others, I believe) have stated they only play on mobile.  The old web version was usable on mobile.  The new version isn't.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2015, 08:03:37 pm »

It appears to be available only on PC, Mac, and Linux.  He (and several others, I believe) have stated they only play on mobile.  The old web version was usable on mobile.  The new version isn't.

They've said they're going to start beta testing an Android version.  iguanaiguana, you should definitely sign up for it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2015, 08:05:33 pm »

They've said they're going to start beta testing an Android version.  iguanaiguana, you should definitely sign up for it.
Android!!??
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

cactus

• Apprentice
  • Then: longtime lurker. Now: occasional poster.
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2015, 08:50:14 pm »

True for me. I do my home computing on an iPad.

No iPad app & no browser version = no dominion for me. :(

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2015, 09:38:05 pm »

I typically play on a chromebook, so I need a web build but I'm not mobile. I do have an android, but I'm not keen on signing up for a closed beta I guess? I don't really want to report bugs. I just want to be a paying customer of dominion?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2015, 10:15:43 pm »
+4

Tried the browser version today.

Um.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Ampharos

• Scout
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2015, 10:20:45 pm »

Tried the browser version today.

Um.

Prolly buy moat, that's their new "curse" attack. 

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2015, 10:41:23 pm »
+3

FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, THESE CARDS HAVE BEEN REDACTED.

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +263
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2015, 05:18:01 am »
+5

Are they Moats?

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2015, 01:04:46 pm »
+3

I've played a bunch of games today too. Very similar experiences all the time.
People buying coppers because the have buys to spare (goons not included), people building up their fairgrounds score even though it's not on the board.
Players not answering at all when you chat to them.
It was sort of fun for a day, but it won't stay fun very long.

I had a Bishop-Fortress-Scheme-Rabble game against an opponent who bought Coppers on spare buys, starting on turn 2, and who didn't resign until I had over 110 points.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2015, 01:12:54 pm »
+2

I've played a bunch of games today too. Very similar experiences all the time.
People buying coppers because the have buys to spare (goons not included), people building up their fairgrounds score even though it's not on the board.
Players not answering at all when you chat to them.
It was sort of fun for a day, but it won't stay fun very long.

I had a Bishop-Fortress-Scheme-Rabble game against an opponent who bought Coppers on spare buys, starting on turn 2, and who didn't resign until I had over 110 points.

I guess it took him a while to find the resign button  ;)
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2015, 01:32:36 pm »
+9

They've stopped transmitting the card images to cut down on the thousands of dollars a month server costs.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2015, 01:39:42 pm »
+8

I just found out they implemented a reconnect feature in the new client.

* just like the last version, it claimed I reconnected out of the blue. My internet connection never actually died.
* just like last version, I could just see the game at the point where I supposedly got stuck.
* just like last version, I could still chat with my opponent, but all other functionality in the game was frozen.
* unlike last version, I could still resign the game

yay, progress.
Join the Dominion League!

BraveBear

• Bishop
  • Respect: +97
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2015, 02:58:59 pm »

I downloaded the new version today.  Tried to play the online web browser version, it never loaded.  Downloaded the windows version.  Opened it and it popped up in full screen.  I tried to change the display and open it again but now it doesn't even open.

Really didn't want to spend time trying to make it work because I primary play on my work laptop at lunch (hence the reason I didn't want full screen) and when I'm home.  Downloading it was something I wasn't sure I was going to do but I wanted to play at lunch really bad today.

Anyways it seems like the new version has a lot of things wrong with it and I don't feel like downloading a patch.  I am really not a computer person at all.  Websites are easy to use, everything else is like Chinese to me.

So goko going off line will probably prevent me from playing in the up coming dominion league.  I really consider myself an above average player but I still do it very casually so trying to figure this out and make this new version work on my computer doesn't seem worth it.  Which is sad.

Or I could just be lazy.  What do you think?  Maybe I'll start playing again if they ever release Adventures.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2015, 05:40:41 pm »
+1

Got paired with someone who used Horn of Plenty to gain an Estate.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2015, 07:00:20 pm »
+5

If I were implementing Dominion, I'd actually do the opposite and start with the hard cards. The reason is that if you try to implement a card like Band of Misfits and realize that you need to redesign your rules engine as a result, it takes less effort to implement the redesign if you don't already have a ton of cards implemented with the old design.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 2.191 seconds with 21 queries.