Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23  All

Author Topic: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Mod for Dominion Online 2.0  (Read 171952 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Mod for Dominion Online 2.0
« Reply #500 on: February 19, 2016, 04:32:28 pm »

Can't tell if you were joking or serious.

Really?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 19, 2016, 04:54:31 pm »
+5

Joke explanation:

You said:
When the chain thingies go over the Grand Market after I play some Coppers, I can't see how many of them are left on the pile.

Despite the fact that everyone here knows exactly what you meant, the word "them" in your statement is ambiguous as to whether it is referring to the Grand Markets, or the "chain thingies".  Awaclus has chosen to take the obviously incorrect interpretation that "them" refers to "chain thingies", and has explained to you that:

there are no chain thingies in the supply, it's just a visual to represent the fact that you can't buy any Grand Markets.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 19, 2016, 05:48:05 pm »

Not sure if this is making fun's fault or the plugin's fault but I have noticed while watching assemble_me's match whenever the opponent plays a advisor It says that Assemble me discards the card not the opponent. According to the rules assemble should choose the card for opp. to discard not assemble just discards it. Assemble was using some version of MMF

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #503 on: February 19, 2016, 06:14:11 pm »
+1

Not sure if this is making fun's fault or the plugin's fault but I have noticed while watching assemble_me's match whenever the opponent plays a advisor It says that Assemble me discards the card not the opponent. According to the rules assemble should choose the card for opp. to discard not assemble just discards it. Assemble was using some version of MMF

It's originally Goko's fault and then Making Fun implemented it again.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 20, 2016, 05:50:41 am »

Any chance of an ETA on the next patch? I'm really excited for the custom avatar feature and a fix for the really annoying overpay bug.

Probably when MF releases a new version, or else a few weeks. Development has slowed down because I've been busier with other work, and with MF going down at the end of the year it's questionable whether it's worth the time to set up our own server to support custom avatars and other stuff we had in mind, like a Blitz-specific leaderboard. We could probably just enable custom avatars locally if there's any demand for that though.

Random feature request (and wasn't sure where else to post):
When the chain thingies go over the Grand Market after I play some Coppers, I can't see how many Grand Markets are left in the pile.  This can be annoying if, say, I overpay for Stonemason but can't remember if there are 1 or 2 Grand Markets left.  The same would apply for named Contraband cards, I think.  Maybe have the chains make a "+" instead of an "x", so that you can still see the supply count number.

The easiest solution would be printing all pile sizes in chat/the log upon entering #piles in chat. Or I can see if it's easy to just disable the lock entirely, though then you'd have to be perceptive enough to notice the absence of a blue plus.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:00:17 am by SCSN »

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 20, 2016, 09:39:50 am »
+9

Or I can see if it's easy to just disable the lock entirely, though then you'd have to be perceptive enough to notice the absence of a blue plus.

This sounds awfully difficult. Do you think we could make the chains flash, glow, and spin?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 20, 2016, 03:50:39 pm »
+1

So this happened.  And as far as I can tell there's no way to dismiss the error. :(

Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 20, 2016, 04:57:27 pm »

Sorry about that. What cards did you have in hand and what exactly was happening when this occurred?

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +864
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 21, 2016, 03:39:41 pm »

I have an autoplay suggestion for Contraband: when you hit "play all treasures" play Contraband first.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 21, 2016, 05:50:00 pm »
+1

I think since Contraband is a card you would somewhat frequently not want to play at all it is best to leave it out of "play all treasures". It is already excluded from that button correct?  What is really better in this type of case is the old Isotropic style "!?!" that makes you confirm actions you maybe don't want to do like ending your action phase when you still have actions in your hand.  That however is the type of thing that might be difficult to do with MMF (might not be, I'm not sure).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 05:51:04 pm by Deadlock39 »

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +864
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: February 22, 2016, 07:52:53 am »

I think since Contraband is a card you would somewhat frequently not want to play at all it is best to leave it out of "play all treasures". It is already excluded from that button correct?  What is really better in this type of case is the old Isotropic style "!?!" that makes you confirm actions you maybe don't want to do like ending your action phase when you still have actions in your hand.  That however is the type of thing that might be difficult to do with MMF (might not be, I'm not sure).

I think the case where I don't want to play a Contraband with the rest of my treasures is rare. I bought it so I can play it, after all. And when I do, I always want it to be played first - or not at all. That's why autoplay makes sense here. It's a function you can toggle on and off so it could be switched between "when you play all treasures, play Contraband first" and "when you play all treasures, don't play Contraband". I don't think there's any problem with that. You can still always click your cards individually but why not make it more convenient if possible and reasonable?
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 22, 2016, 08:49:55 pm »
+1

I think the case where I don't want to play a Contraband with the rest of my treasures is rare. I bought it so I can play it, after all. And when I do, I always want it to be played first - or not at all. That's why autoplay makes sense here. It's a function you can toggle on and off so it could be switched between "when you play all treasures, play Contraband first" and "when you play all treasures, don't play Contraband". I don't think there's any problem with that. You can still always click your cards individually but why not make it more convenient if possible and reasonable?

I think autoplay is fine as long as the default is always set to off.

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 23, 2016, 09:24:00 pm »
+2

RE: Kirian and the error

I just got the same, and I think the problem was Reacting with Secret Chamber to Torturer when all of the Curses were gone.

MdLC

• Scout
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 23, 2016, 10:52:25 pm »
+5

RE: Kirian and the error

I just got the same, and I think the problem was Reacting with Secret Chamber to Torturer when all of the Curses were gone.

Yes, I was able to reproduce the bug by reacting with Secret Chamber once the Curses are gone. Thanks. It should be much easier to fix now that we have a solid reproduction case.

Micha1980

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 24, 2016, 03:52:03 pm »

Is there an update available?

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 24, 2016, 03:58:59 pm »
+2

Right now the unmodded release is too unstable to verify an updated MMF release. Hopefully MF will resolve the stability issues soon and we can get an update out.

Micha1980

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
Re: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Patch for Dominion Online 2.0 (Win Only)
« Reply #516 on: March 01, 2016, 04:19:00 pm »

Will be there an update of the mod ... I´ve read a thread on th MF-page, that they solved their problems.

THX SCSN

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 02, 2016, 11:37:27 am »

Contrary to what they might claim the stability issues with the latest client are not resolved and likely won't be until they release a new version. There will be no MMF release for what's currently the latest version unless they make updating to it mandatory.

In case you really want to try the untested internal build I guess I could hook you up with it, but I'd strongly urge you to just stick with what works.

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 02, 2016, 01:56:13 pm »

Contrary to what they might claim the stability issues with the latest client are not resolved and likely won't be until they release a new version. There will be no MMF release for what's currently the latest version unless they make updating to it mandatory.

In case you really want to try the untested internal build I guess I could hook you up with it, but I'd strongly urge you to just stick with what works.

They actually do make it mandatory, you can't start games with the 47 version any more, I had to update to 48 to play my last league match.
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 02, 2016, 02:52:54 pm »

In that case I'll be testing it in production 10 minutes from now and then release it later tonight if there aren't any hiccups.

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 02, 2016, 03:35:35 pm »

They actually do make it mandatory, you can't start games with the 47 version any more, I had to update to 48 to play my last league match.

I'm still able to play without updating.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 03, 2016, 06:04:46 pm »
+21

MAKiNG MORE FUN 0.48a
Windows | Mac | Linux

Changes
  • Compatibility with Dominion Online 2.0.48.
  • Full kingdom view like Goko had (click the cards button above the gear icon).
  • MMF's buttons now comply with MF's style convention.
  • Fix for the Secret Chamber/Torturer autoplay bug.

Big thanks to MdLC for doing all of this work.

wachsmuth

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +347
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 09, 2016, 12:12:24 am »
+4

Great mod!

Autoplay suggestion: Automatically name Ace of Spades when no cards are in the discard pile or deck for Mystic/Wishing Well/Doctor/Journeyman. Not very important for the latter two though.

charles_hanon

• Pawn
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 10, 2016, 09:54:58 am »
+5

Long time lurker, I just registered so I could say thank you SCSN for making this mod.  It's better than Scout.  It might even fix my game-crashing-while-loading issues.  Thank you thank you thank you.

wachsmuth

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +347
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 11, 2016, 06:09:48 am »

Another suggestion for autoplay: Explorer. It's very, very rare that you don't want to reveal Province (I'm pretty sure I've never played Explorer and chosen not to reveal Province).
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23  All

Page created in 2.373 seconds with 21 queries.