Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23  All

Author Topic: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Mod for Dominion Online 2.0  (Read 171922 times)

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
Re: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Mod for Dominion Online 2.0 (Win/Mac)
« Reply #275 on: November 09, 2015, 04:53:05 pm »

Regarding the bug and fix, I'm curious what your opinion is for gains from things like Talisman, Embargo on the Curse pile, (Port someday), and any others I forgot. In these cases, the original log would show:

Player buys X
Player gains X
Player gains X

If you want to get super technical, it is wrong to change these instances to:
Player buys & gains X
Player gains X

but I would imagine prohibitively difficult to exclude the case in MMF.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 09, 2015, 05:08:37 pm »
+1

Through my clarity-tainted glasses the two look fully equivalent, the latter more concise and thus preferable, and it also happens to be the current implementation. Huray to laziness! I.e. I do understand what you're saying but I think it benefits no one to change things up.

So for my grad-level software class, I'm going to be doing a presentation on reverse engineering.  SCSN - might I ask what tools you're using to decompile code?

I'm currently using .NET Reflector, which only works for .NET projects. Other things I've used earlier (before I had my first working patch) include dotPeek and DotNet Resolver. Note that the decompiled code is only use to learn about how the software works and about where to make changes in the IL, because while most decompilers include the option to export the decompiled code to a Visual Studio project, faithful recompilation is effectively impossible for any sufficiently complex project. The most popular general RE tools are probably IDA Pro and ollydbg.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 09, 2015, 10:01:01 pm »

Through my clarity-tainted glasses the two look fully equivalent, the latter more concise and thus preferable, and it also happens to be the current implementation. Huray to laziness! I.e. I do understand what you're saying but I think it benefits no one to change things up.

So for my grad-level software class, I'm going to be doing a presentation on reverse engineering.  SCSN - might I ask what tools you're using to decompile code?

I'm currently using .NET Reflector, which only works for .NET projects. Other things I've used earlier (before I had my first working patch) include dotPeek and DotNet Resolver. Note that the decompiled code is only use to learn about how the software works and about where to make changes in the IL, because while most decompilers include the option to export the decompiled code to a Visual Studio project, faithful recompilation is effectively impossible for any sufficiently complex project. The most popular general RE tools are probably IDA Pro and ollydbg.

Okay.  Mainly what I want to do is write a simple program (no more than 30 or so lines), compile it into an .exe, then decompile it, and show the differences between the two sets of code.  This would most likely be in Java.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1676
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 10, 2015, 12:04:41 am »
+1

The Mac version works great!

Thanks!

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 10, 2015, 12:54:48 am »

Okay.  Mainly what I want to do is write a simple program (no more than 30 or so lines), compile it into an .exe, then decompile it, and show the differences between the two sets of code.  This would most likely be in Java.

1) You can't compile Java to exe files, but you can decompile class files.
2) Actually, I don't know, I've never tried decompiling my own code. What should happen is that simple comments in the code get lost and variable names will be messed up. There are a bunch of free / 30 day trial decompilers out there for Java as well that should suit your purpose.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:57:26 am by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

ravi

• Bishop
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 10, 2015, 11:40:15 am »

Tried installing the Mac version and it wouldn't let me log in. Reset the old dll and it worked fine again. With the MMF dll the sign in box came up where I could enter my credentials but then clicking sign in did nothing.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 10, 2015, 11:42:33 am »

I think there was an update pushed last night, so the version they just put up for Mac might be out of date already.  (Just a guess)

Looks like maybe the Mac wasn't updated.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:56:46 am by Deadlock39 »

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 10, 2015, 11:53:41 am »

Tried installing the Mac version and it wouldn't let me log in. Reset the old dll and it worked fine again. With the MMF dll the sign in box came up where I could enter my credentials but then clicking sign in did nothing.

Do you see a MMF folder under /Users/userName? If you do and it contains the file jsonlog.txt, please post the content here or send it to me via pm.

I think there was an update pushed last night, so the version they just put up for Mac might be out of date already.  (Just a guess)

For me the Mac link on the MF site still points to 2.0.44.2.

MdLC

• Scout
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 10, 2015, 12:15:05 pm »
+3

Thanks for the bug report. I'm a little embarrassed that there is one like this to report. I am at work right now, but I'll look into it as soon as I am done.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 10, 2015, 01:07:03 pm »

Thanks for the bug report. I'm a little embarrassed that there is one like this to report. I am at work right now, but I'll look into it as soon as I am done.

Oh, don't worry, the rest of his hard drive is safe, at least.

ravi

• Bishop
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 10, 2015, 05:11:59 pm »

Do you see a MMF folder under /Users/userName? If you do and it contains the file jsonlog.txt, please post the content here or send it to me via pm.

Don't see any folder like that in my username folder

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 10, 2015, 08:06:41 pm »

Could you download this version of MMF.dll and try again? You should use the same Assembly-CSharp dll (the patched, not the original from MF).

The folder and some files should be created at the initialization, if that fails the bool writeEnabled gets set to false, which should disable all writing except for one thing I had overlooked and only included a conditional to today. To be completely sure this version here simply disables all the file output period.

Please let us know whether this works, and if it does we can then try to figure out why the creation of the folder and files fails. Any information you could give about your system and usage (e.g. are you perhaps running the MF client sandboxed or have you some other settings that might disable writing to that folder). I'm not a Mac user though so I hope MdLC would be able to help you with that part.

MdLC

• Scout
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 10, 2015, 08:41:57 pm »
+2

Don't see any folder like that in my username folder

SCSN's suggestion exactly reproduces the reported behavior for me, but only when the MMF directory exists and is not writeable. In this situation, clicking the "Sign In" button does nothing, and there is a line in the Player.log file (located at ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log) that looks like this:
Code: [Select]
UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Users/matthieu/MMF/jsonlog.txt" is denied.
I've also reproduced a similar problem when the MMF.dll fails to load (I replicated by deleting MMF.dll). In this case, there is a "Please Wait" popup after clicking "Sign In", and the log file has a line like this:
Code: [Select]
FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MMF, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
Would you please check your Player.log file (with MMF installed) for either of the two messages above? If one of those is in the log file, please let me know which one. If neither one is in the log file, please post or PM me the Player.log.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 12, 2015, 07:49:16 am »
+5

Unfortunately the server keeps sending the requests so the experience isn't quite as fluid as I would have liked. I'll try intercepting those highlight messages and see whether that saves time.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 12, 2015, 08:31:33 am »
+3

img

Unfortunately the server keeps sending the requests so the experience isn't quite as fluid as I would have liked. I'll try intercepting those highlight messages and see whether that saves time.

Wow, that's really useful.
Sometimes I just trash the damned brats because it is so much frustration otherwise.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 12, 2015, 02:07:05 pm »
+6

When you auto-reveal a bane, gain a copy of it, putting it into your hand.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 12, 2015, 02:21:01 pm »

Does it let you play both of these bane cards? Does the copy stays in your deck after you reshuffle?

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 12, 2015, 02:34:18 pm »
+3

The extra banes gained this way stay in your hand for the rest of the game, but, unfortunately, you can't do anything with them (not even reveal them). In a world where witches exist, it turns out, so do ghosts.

What I think is happening is that while I'm telling the server that I'm revealing one of the banes in my hand, I'm not telling the client that I'm moving the bane card from my hand to the reveal area, which should be easy to fix (famous last words).

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 12, 2015, 02:44:49 pm »
+1

Young Witch, junking you at all costs since 2011.
Now even better.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2015, 05:48:58 pm »
+3

which should be easy to fix (famous last words).

I've learned my lesson...

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 14, 2015, 08:06:51 am »
+11

Releasing MAKiNG MORE FUN 0.44.2d for Windows (Mac is in the works). Aside from some bug-fixes, this release displays Colonies and Baker (when applicable) in the setup field in the log and brings you long-awaited auto-play functionality: you no longer need to click endlessly to not trash your Urchins, just type "#u" or "#urchin" in chat and all you have to do for the rest of the game is wait for them to not trash themselves!

Autoplay is included for the following cards (more to be added in future releases):

Moneylenderalways on
Treasurydefault on#t(reasury)
Alchemistdefault on#a(lchemist)
Bane revealdefault on#b(ane)
Moat revealdefault on#m(oat)
Urchin trashdefault off#u(rchin)

These autoplay tags will get intercepted so you won't be informing your opponent about any of this. For your convenience, the chat window will close itself after entering a tag. In case anyone finds this annoying I'd be happy to make it optional in the next release.

Disclaimer: the screenshot contained in this post is for informational purposes only and does not reflect my thoughts on proper auto-play strategy.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 08:33:12 am by SheCantSayNo »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23  All

Page created in 2.596 seconds with 21 queries.