Archive > Innovation General Discussion

Kickstarter for Deluxe version including 4 expansions

<< < (4/4)

ipofanes:

--- Quote from: popsofctown on October 22, 2015, 03:44:54 pm ---
--- Quote from: qmech on October 22, 2015, 03:28:38 pm ---"Donald X variety mechanic", Shirley?

--- End quote ---

I prefer not to call it that, since Donald himself admits forms of it existed before his games, and stuff.  But, yeah, that's what I'm talking about. 

--- End quote ---
One could start by rotating out one random card per age. I wonder if this upturned pile could be integrated into the game somehow.

popsofctown:

--- Quote from: ipofanes on October 23, 2015, 11:25:27 am ---
--- Quote from: popsofctown on October 22, 2015, 03:44:54 pm ---
--- Quote from: qmech on October 22, 2015, 03:28:38 pm ---"Donald X variety mechanic", Shirley?

--- End quote ---

I prefer not to call it that, since Donald himself admits forms of it existed before his games, and stuff.  But, yeah, that's what I'm talking about. 

--- End quote ---
One could start by rotating out one random card per age. I wonder if this upturned pile could be integrated into the game somehow.

--- End quote ---
Yes.  That's a good thing. I want more of the good thing. 

There are ten possible age 2 piles.  Adding one card and removing an additional random card from the pile would up it to 110 possible age 2 piles.

Drab Emordnilap:

--- Quote from: popsofctown on October 23, 2015, 11:34:03 am ---
There are ten possible age 2 piles.  Adding one card and removing an additional random card from the pile would up it to 110 possible age 2 piles.

--- End quote ---

Wasn't one of the issues with the original rule for adding Echoes cards, that the unknown contents of the piles made the game too random?

popsofctown:

--- Quote from: Drab Emordnilap on October 23, 2015, 12:08:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: popsofctown on October 23, 2015, 11:34:03 am ---

--- End quote ---

Wasn't one of the issues with the original rule for adding Echoes cards, that the unknown contents of the piles made the game too random?

--- End quote ---
Well, echoes cards are on a higher power level than base cards.  I was proposing cards that are designed to have a power level that matches base cards.

But I think the issue is that the piles never became empty, and you could see a blue backed card on top of the pile and naturally want to draw it to deny it from your opponent and get it, and stuff like that.  Refuse to take an action that would draw a card because the top card is a base card and you want your opponent to expose an echo first.  I don't really know, though, I never played it.

ipofanes:
The chief reason the original rule went out of fashion was, as I remember,setup and tear down time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version