Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Game Over!)  (Read 138491 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2015, 07:16:35 pm »

Or a rebellious Vanilla Townie...

Is this a claim?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2015, 07:17:03 pm »

Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2015, 07:17:56 pm »

vote: roadrunner7671

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2015, 07:18:35 pm »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 15, 2015, 07:20:12 pm »

Haddock - his defending me is a bit weird. White knighting? Slight scum.

Also this makes me want to lynch one of them.

I suggest you start with Haddock. Then, if he's scum, you can lynch me for being his partner. And if he's town, you can lynch me for pushing his mislynch. You win either way!

Sounds good!

Vote: Haddock

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 15, 2015, 07:20:38 pm »

\inbefore "Coached to play up newbieness"

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #206 on: October 15, 2015, 07:21:40 pm »

Is this a claim?
What's a claim?

Claim is when you claim something. Usually it means that you tell everyone what your role is, and possibly any other information you might have acquired because of your role (which might be your actual role or something you made up; the latter case is also known as fakeclaiming).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2015, 07:22:50 pm »

Is this a claim?
What's a claim?

Claim is when you claim something. Usually it means that you tell everyone what your role is, and possibly any other information you might have acquired because of your role (which might be your actual role or something you made up; the latter case is also known as fakeclaiming).
Ah, I see. Then I 'claim' to be a vanilla townie. Even if I am not, you all know I am a total noob. I still don't fully understand the switches, so I'd be pretty bad at being scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 15, 2015, 07:25:36 pm »

Ah, I see. Then I 'claim' to be a vanilla townie. Even if I am not, you all know I am a total noob. I still don't fully understand the switches, so I'd be pretty bad at being scum.

Well. You understand lying as town is bad, yes?

We need to lynch you now.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #209 on: October 15, 2015, 07:29:53 pm »

Is this a claim?
What's a claim?

Usually it's not a good idea to claim to be a vanilla townie out of nowhere, because if you really are a vanilla townie, scum won't kill you and then they have a better chance of killing a PR instead. Actually, it's usually not a good idea to claim most things out of nowhere.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2015, 07:31:55 pm »

Also, it doesn't matter how bad you supposedly would be as scum. If you're scum and you never get lynched because of how bad you would be as scum, then you win anyway.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2015, 07:36:24 pm »

Actually though, unvote. This does not feel fake.

So for the other newbie then? Vote: Haddock

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2015, 07:47:03 pm »

Is this a claim?
What's a claim?

Usually it's not a good idea to claim to be a vanilla townie out of nowhere, because if you really are a vanilla townie, scum won't kill you and then they have a better chance of killing a PR instead. Actually, it's usually not a good idea to claim most things out of nowhere.
You know what? It got someone to unvote from me. So, thank you for the advice, but I still claim to be a vanilla townie. Why would I want to get killed by scum? So that PRs can live?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2015, 07:50:54 pm »

You know what? It got someone to unvote from me. So, thank you for the advice, but I still claim to be a vanilla townie. Why would I want to get killed by scum? So that PRs can live?

Yes. Pretty much. Also by claiming VT we know that you do not have a town PR, i.e. you are either VT or scum. This makes you a better lynch target than anyone else on paper, because we can be sure not to lynch a PR.

I read you as town from this, but that doesn't make it good play. And for the record: It will never work in the future.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2015, 07:56:34 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

Faust (4): Gkrieg13, Roadrunner7671, Ichimaru Gin, Hydrad
silverspawn (2): ashersky, Haddock
ashersky (1): Awaclus
Haddock (3): Jimmmmm, Witherweaver, Faust
Jimmmmm (1): Yuma
Roadrunner7671 (1): Chairs

Not Voting (1): Silverspawn

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

D1 ends October 22 at 7 pm forum time.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2015, 07:57:28 pm »

Yes. Pretty much. Also by claiming VT we know that you do not have a town PR, i.e. you are either VT or scum. This makes you a better lynch target than anyone else on paper, because we can be sure not to lynch a PR.

I read you as town from this, but that doesn't make it good play. And for the record: It will never work in the future.
Why will I need to do it again? If people have reads like you, I should be safe. And how do you know I'm not a PR who is lying?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2015, 07:58:46 pm »

Reads time!

Witherweaver - definitely town because he said so.
Roadrunner7671 - only empty posts. Not posting for a while, but suddenly around when called out on it. Scummy.
Ashersky - a little less reasonable-, kinda in-the-background-ash from fanfiction and a little more usual ash who doesn't care what other people think. Slight town.
gkrieg13 - has gkrieg done anything yet? Null.
Haddock - his defending me is a bit weird. White knighting? Slight scum.
Awaclus - I can't read that guy anyway. Null.
Silverspawn - what he does feels genuine. Town.
Hydrad - Null. Did not have a Hydrad moment yet.
Ichimaru Gin - null. Not enough information so far.
Jimmmmm - yuma has a point. Slight scum.
Yuma - not sure yet. Null.
Chairs - also null.

This is the least Faust thing that this Faust has ever Fausted.

Totally. And way too early to have any meaning.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 15, 2015, 08:00:24 pm »

Why will I need to do it again? If people have reads like you, I should be safe. And how do you know I'm not a PR who is lying?

Lying as Town is generally considered to be just about always bad. It's probably less bad in this setup than average since we know what PRs we have. But it's still generally not advised.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2015, 08:02:22 pm »

\inbefore "Coached to play up newbieness"

I can't remember... Is wanting to lynch newbies a town tell or a scumtell? If I can't remember that probably means it is neither.

But really I think it was a tow tell cause mafia wouldn't want to risk the wrath of town being upset that you would want to lynch a newbie. I think robs came up with that and it turned out it was generally correct.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 15, 2015, 08:03:18 pm »

Lying as Town is generally considered to be just about always bad. It's probably less bad in this setup than average since we know what PRs we have. But it's still generally not advised.
So if you are a Vanilla Townie, it is bad to claim to be the Doctor, for example?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2015, 08:04:06 pm »

So if you are a Vanilla Townie, it is bad to claim to be the Doctor, for example?

Yes that would definitely be bad.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2015, 08:04:58 pm »

And why?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2015, 08:18:22 pm »

And why?

Imagine you were the Doctor and someone else claimed Doctor. You would know they were lying, and counterclaim them to try to get them lynched.

As well as having their powers, PRs also get to be either ICs or create a 1 Town/1 scum pair, either of which are generally good for Town. This only works if we take claims seriously as either truthful or scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2015, 08:23:39 pm »

RR did you read any of the previous games here. I am not saying you have to but I would suggest it. Probably should have suggested it earlier. A short newbie game would be ideal.

Chairs came off the worst from that whole exchange

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2015, 08:43:32 pm »

This is the least Faust thing that this Faust has ever Fausted.
This.

Is this RR's first game also?

I actually like a vote: Haddock at this point. Something I hadn't thought of earlier was I can easily see newbie scum trying to get town points for projecting concern about quicklynches or something.
In my first scum (and in general) game, I recall playing up my newbieness to the point of garnering suspicion for it. I legitimately had a lot of questions and felt confused by stuff though, not sure what (if anything) I would have done differently if I'd been town my first game.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53  All

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 20 queries.