Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18  All

Author Topic: ZM22: Shakespeare (Sorta) Blitz - Game Over  (Read 41170 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: ZM22: Shakespeare (Sorta) Blitz - Day 1
« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2015, 10:58:19 am »

Vote: Awaclus

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2015, 10:59:00 am »

So, what's the case on Awaclus?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2015, 10:59:00 am »

Vote Count 1.9:

Witherweaver (3): faust, Awaclus, Hydrad
Hydrad (1): EgorK
RR (1): 2.7
Awaclus (2): gkrieg13, Witherweaver

Not Voting (1):  RR

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on November 1 at 5:00 a.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2015, 10:59:23 am »

Lynch him and find out.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2015, 11:06:27 am »

One way of finding scum is finding people who are looking for one scum out of 6 players, rather than two. The difference is more subtle than it usually is, but it's still there and it affects the way how people think and sometimes it shows even if you're trying to hide it. For instance, when I was playing (almost) this setup as scum in M67, I scumslipped here by trying to convince silverspawn that Seprix is scum without even appearing to consider the possibility that he could be Seprix's partner. Then I noticed it, and had to come up with an explanation why that was the case, and then I somehow got away with it.

Well... in that game, the setup wasn't known though, was it? You could guess there was only one other scum due to your role, but the others had no idea. That's different here... everyone is looking for 2 single scummers rather than a pair of them.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2015, 11:10:26 am »

I also don't believe that witherweaver hasn't looked at his PM.  Although, if he was going to do it, this would be the game to do it in.

No reason to lie about it.  Game started before I woke up and could confirm.  I got the alert but didn't read it.

Well... you not having read your PM basically makes me want to lynch you a lot, because if it is true, that means any interaction you have today is worthless and since you cannot know that you're town, your play will default to a bit more self-serving (and thus scummy) than that of a known townie.

You not reading your PM is self-serving and hurting our ability to scumhunt, and thus anti-town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2015, 11:11:33 am »

Faust and Hydrad look bad, Awaclus maybe

Anything to add besides OMGUS?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2015, 11:13:08 am »

Basically, I will not move my vote from WW until he confirms that he read his PM.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2015, 11:14:17 am »

Lynch him and find out.

That's a compelling case, but not as good as the one I made against RR
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2015, 11:15:19 am »

Lynch him and find out.

What about my case against WW?

Also, do you know how old RR is?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2015, 11:17:55 am »

I also don't believe that witherweaver hasn't looked at his PM.  Although, if he was going to do it, this would be the game to do it in.

No reason to lie about it.  Game started before I woke up and could confirm.  I got the alert but didn't read it.

Well... you not having read your PM basically makes me want to lynch you a lot, because if it is true, that means any interaction you have today is worthless and since you cannot know that you're town, your play will default to a bit more self-serving (and thus scummy) than that of a known townie.

You not reading your PM is self-serving and hurting our ability to scumhunt, and thus anti-town.

Since there are two scum teams, my motivation as scum would be the same as my motivation as town: to find the scum.  So I'm not really sure the difference in this case.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2015, 11:18:52 am »

Basically, I will not move my vote from WW until he confirms that he read his PM.

But if I get lynched I get to be surprised by the flip!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2015, 11:19:58 am »

Lynch him and find out.

What about my case against WW?

Also, do you know how old RR is?

Oh, yeah. I do like the case on WW. I am voting RR top increase conversation and lynch candidates and because I find him scummy.

And no, I don't know how old he is. But that really isn't a defense, it's an excuse. A good excuse maybe, but still.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2015, 11:20:27 am »

Faust and Hydrad look bad, Awaclus maybe

Anything to add besides OMGUS?

When he voted me he was third on the wagon, I think. Felt like a scummy join.  That and his immediate reference to self meta. 

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2015, 11:22:55 am »

Since there are two scum teams, my motivation as scum would be the same as my motivation as town: to find the scum.  So I'm not really sure the difference in this case.

The difference is we can't really find scum!you if you don't know that you're scum. And, by the same token, we cannot find town!you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2015, 11:24:35 am »

The difference is we can't really find scum!you if you don't know that you're scum. And, by the same token, we cannot find town!you.

Well, I'm operating under the assumption that I'm town.  You are welcome to do the same :)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2015, 11:25:55 am »

And no, I don't know how old he is. But that really isn't a defense, it's an excuse. A good excuse maybe, but still.

Yeah... I feel like I can read RR, but he hasn't flipped in any game so far, so I might just be completely fooled. But at any rate, I don't want to lynch him today. I feel like partnerless!scum!newbie!RR is likely to slip up at some point, and he hasn't so far.

I tried to generate some confusion earlier, but it didn't work too well.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2015, 11:26:56 am »

Well, I'm operating under the assumption that I'm town.  You are welcome to do the same :)

You do see where the problem is though, right? If I would do the same thing you do, you too would argue to lynch me (or at least for me to be a good candidate)?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2015, 11:27:28 am »

I see WW's perspective in that everyone will act like a VT D1 no matter what role they have since they are no scum teams.

That doesn't mean I agree with him though

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2015, 11:31:15 am »

Yeah, well, I don't think that's true at all (else we could just randomly vote). People act differently with different alignments, even if they do not have partners to act differently towards.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2015, 11:31:35 am »

You do see where the problem is though, right? If I would do the same thing you do, you too would argue to lynch me (or at least for me to be a good candidate)?

I understand what you're saying, but if we were switched, I wouldn't necessarily argue that lynching you is correct.  You would, after all, need to check at night.  Though I wouldn't oppose the lynch, either.  It would depend on if I found something better than an essentially random lynch.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2015, 11:33:03 am »

Yeah... I feel like I can read RR, but he hasn't flipped in any game so far, so I might just be completely fooled. But at any rate, I don't want to lynch him today. I feel like partnerless!scum!newbie!RR is likely to slip up at some point, and he hasn't so far.

Trying to generate scum slips? Wait until he says he is scum in the thread? What kinds of slip do you require? Evolving personality within the game is normal for a new player, I will give him that. But I am suspicious of how that evolution is happening in this game, and think it is characteristic of newbie scum

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2015, 11:34:00 am »

I see WW's perspective in that everyone will act like a VT D1 no matter what role they have since they are no scum teams.

That doesn't mean I agree with him though

The motivation is the same (modulo the 1 scum in 5 vs 2 scum in 5 thing), but the main difference is that scum => lynch is a instaloss, while town => can still win if you get lynched.  You want to act the same, but it's hard  to ignore information.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2015, 11:34:21 am »

Town points to e.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2015, 11:35:23 am »

Trying to generate scum slips? Wait until he says he is scum in the thread? What kinds of slip do you require? Evolving personality within the game is normal for a new player, I will give him that. But I am suspicious of how that evolution is happening in this game, and think it is characteristic of newbie scum

Well, uh, I can't really dive into this without refencing ongoing games, so let's just leave it at that. I think there are posts that are much more likely to come from scum than from town.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18  All

Page created in 1.242 seconds with 20 queries.