Archive > Dominion World Masters

Official Dominion Tournament at U-Con, Nov. 21 2015, Ypsilanti, MI, 2pm - 10pm

(1/24) > >>

Elestan:
Here we go again!  Join us for the largest in-person gathering of F.DS players in the world!  Compete against all the handles you've gotten to know here, using real cards!

This tournament is sanctioned by Rio Grande, and will be a qualifier for the World Masters, if there is one in 2016.  Top finishers get free games courtesy of Warriors 3 Comics and Games, and all players receive the new "Summon" promotional card!

The competition will feature custom-designed kingdoms drawn from all of the Dominion sets and expansions, and will emphasize strategy and high-level play. 

Tournament seating is limited, so pre-register for the event here; just click on the 'Add' button and proceed through the checkout process.  You'll need a tournament ticket ($10), and a convention badge ($20 for Saturday, or $25 for the whole convention).

As previously posted on this board, our own AdamH will also be running Dominion tutorials, and will be joined for the advanced session by our reigning world champion, A Drowned Kernel!  The defending tournament champion is Robz888, but shark_bait is sure to be hungry for victory after close second-place finishes in both of the last two years!

If you can, I'd encourage everyone to pick out other games to play in and attend the whole convention, which runs from Nov 20-22, all day (and late into the night Friday and Saturday).  For out of town visitors, discounted hotel rooms are available for only $89/night.

And, if anyone would like to get their convention badge for free, you can register to run events until early October, or volunteer some time to help out.

I hope to see you there!

Voltaire:
Is anyone else from f.ds going who would be interested in sharing a hotel room Saturday night? I haven't bought tickets yet as I'm trying to figure out if my travel plans/budget could handle this.

I now have my lodging confirmed. Hope to see many of you there!

AdamH:
1. Do you know yet if you'll have any copies of Summon to hand out?

2. Voltaire, I already have arrangements to share my hotel room with the IRL friends I'm bringing with me, but you may consider asking AHoppy? I've recently pestered him about going to this and he might be staying there?

I really, really, really want to win this year. My body is ready.

Robz888:
I unfortunately will not be there to defend my crown--I've moved to Washington, DC, and won't be back in Michigan until Christmas time. Good luck, all!

Kirian:
I'll miss you guys now that U-Con is no longer in driving distance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version