Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Feedback on this board  (Read 1551 times)

Fumanchu

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Feedback on this board
« on: September 04, 2011, 09:43:36 am »

Hi all, I'd like some advice on what would the optimal strategy be for this board:
Bishop, Courtyard, Festival, Forge, Hoard, Horn of Plenty, Peddler, Pirate Ship, Treasury, Woodcutter
How does one player going for Pirate Ship affect the other player decisions?
My (really badly played) game for reference: http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20110903-173634-2d3373b3.html

Mean Mr Mustard

• Witch
  • First to 5000 Isotropic wins
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback on this board
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 09:53:43 am »

I'd totally be eyeballing the Peddlers, so Pirate Ship would be a boon to me if my opponent were dumb enough to play it.  Festival, Treasury, Forge and Bishop are all good support for Peddlers;  the Festival and Treasury to pick up multiple copies and the Bishop to convert them to VP.  Forge is good as well, to turn them straight into Provinces.

Now, looking at the game log I see that you won in part by using Pirate Ship.  I still do not think it is a good play.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:58:45 am by Mean Mr Mustard »
Jake <a href=http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201203/17/game-20120317-030206-6456f97c.html>opening: opening: Silver / Jack of All Trades</a>
<b>IsoDom1 Winner:  shark_bait
IsoDom2 Winner: Rabid
Isodom3 Winner: Fabian</b>
Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalie ar Atanatári, Utúlie'n auré!

Fumanchu

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 10:15:17 am »

Actually I lost using Pirate Ship, halfway through the game I figured it was a bad strategy! My opponent went for what you suggested so I actually helped him by taking out some of his coppers. Is Pirate Ship only good when your opponent is going for some sort of big money strategy?

biopower

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 03:21:55 pm »

Actually I lost using Pirate Ship, halfway through the game I figured it was a bad strategy! My opponent went for what you suggested so I actually helped him by taking out some of his coppers. Is Pirate Ship only good when your opponent is going for some sort of big money strategy?

To make Pirate Ship good, you generally need +actions/KC/TR to play it multiple times, the board to have no money giving actions, and no trashing. More players will generally make Pirate Ships better as well (in four player games, with every person going Pirate Ship, your deck will not have any treasure in it after a few turns).

Otherwise, you're usually helping the opponents trash copper while they build up an engine using +$ actions.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.623 seconds with 21 queries.