Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M69: GOP Mafia (Russian Agents win!)  (Read 101829 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M69: GOP Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #825 on: October 28, 2015, 02:04:01 pm »

I urge other people to look at Edmund's behavior, which I think has been pretty scummy even for a newbie.

I am still reading him pretty townie... assertive, probing, questioning. Again, those are all attributes that I would put more on newbie town than newbie scum.

Plus the interaction with Hydrad puts him on the townie side.
I tend to agree with yuma here, as newbie scum I think the tendency is often to hide away, because everytime you say things, you're worried about scumslipping (this was how I felt as newbie scum anyway).
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 28, 2015, 02:07:32 pm »

PPE 3: Mainly I disagree that getting a 5.0 complete null read is scummy given it's coming from someone who has played as many games as Hydrad.

I don't necessarily think it is scummy, but I don't think it is as "townie" as you are making it out to be...
I think putting a scum partner as 5.0 would be very dangerous, as it's completely null.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 28, 2015, 02:08:38 pm »

I really don't want to just be the default lynch here - can people actually go look at gkrieg and edmund, because I think they've actually acted pretty scummy.

And I am currently voting for gkrieg... I think he has both scummy interactions AND has played a scummier game. Everyone else seems to really only have one or the other...
I tend to agree with Gkrieg being scummy, Vote: Gkrieg.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 28, 2015, 02:17:36 pm »

Vote Count 3.4

gkrieg13 (3): yuma, chairs, Joseph2302
XerxesPraelor (3): Edmund, Twistedarcher, gkrieg13
Edmund (1): XerxesPraelor

Not Voting (1): Teproc

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends on October 29, 4 pm forum time. That's in ~26 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 28, 2015, 02:20:15 pm »

PPE 3: Mainly I disagree that getting a 5.0 complete null read is scummy given it's coming from someone who has played as many games as Hydrad.

I don't necessarily think it is scummy, but I don't think it is as "townie" as you are making it out to be...
I think putting a scum partner as 5.0 would be very dangerous, as it's completely null.

Why?

Scum strives for authenticity. If you would have given a null read on a player as town then you would give them a null read on a player as scum.

I don't know though, most players don't do the wonky numbering system that hydrad does. But I have put fellow scum members at completely null before in my reads--but only if that is how I thought I would have read them if I were town.

And a player with a low post count/volume like Xerxes had during day1/2 is often going to be a null read, regardless of his alignment or other players...

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 28, 2015, 02:49:40 pm »

And yeah i know tunneling stands for that but AFAIK it also stands for while getting lynched trying to divert attention.
lol thats not what tunneling is

(and using the word that way is misleading and scummy) (and trying to divert attention while getting lynched is what town should do) (seriously, maybe you don't find edmund scummy, but can someone at least back me up here wrt tunneling, "diverting attention"?)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 28, 2015, 02:51:13 pm »

I urge other people to look at Edmund's behavior, which I think has been pretty scummy even for a newbie.

I am still reading him pretty townie... assertive, probing, questioning. Again, those are all attributes that I would put more on newbie town than newbie scum.

I tend to agree with yuma here, as newbie scum I think the tendency is often to hide away, because everytime you say things, you're worried about scumslipping (this was how I felt as newbie scum anyway).

Hm, this may be an example of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_projection_fallacy. I know I was extremely active and "outrageous" for my first scum game. (which I have linked previously)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 28, 2015, 02:55:11 pm »

Hm, this may be an example of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_projection_fallacy. I know I was extremely active and "outrageous" for my first scum game. (which I have linked previously)

why is joseph the one falling for this fallacy but you aren't?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 28, 2015, 02:55:50 pm »

And yeah i know tunneling stands for that but AFAIK it also stands for while getting lynched trying to divert attention.

(and using the word that way is misleading and scummy) (and trying to divert attention while getting lynched is what town should do) (seriously, maybe you don't find edmund scummy, but can someone at least back me up here wrt tunneling, "diverting attention"?)

I honestly have almost zero idea of what two are talking about.

Neither of your arguments are very coherent...

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 28, 2015, 02:58:25 pm »

Give evidence that you are town.

Um, I think you might not be reading the thread. Most of my posts since I realized I was close to getting lynched were giving evidence I was town.

So, if you want to scumhunt, give actual reasoning. Give actual reasoning why we are scummier than you.

#816 - you're scum because of how you're tunneling me (using the correct definition)
#811 - I say you're scum because Hydrad put you as scummy without supporting your lynch
#811 - You're scum because town would be less focused and more unclear as to what to do.

Seriously, have you actually been reading my posts? Anyway, this is scummy, as it would be hard to be this clueless on accident.

PPE 2: I didn't say I wasn't falling for the fallacy. I was showing that it could be applicable, since that sort of feeling is not universal for beginning scum players.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 28, 2015, 02:58:49 pm »

Agree that Edmund is town. Still want to lynch XP here

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 28, 2015, 02:59:31 pm »

Edmund is saying I'm scummy for calling other people scummy and "diverting attention" from my lynch.

I am saying that I should be calling people scummy who I find scummy, and as town I should definitely be diverting attention from my lynch.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 28, 2015, 02:59:44 pm »

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 28, 2015, 03:05:29 pm »

Because I think there's a very good chance you flip scum and that your partner is on gkrieg's wagon. I think you're way scummier than he is

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 28, 2015, 03:08:20 pm »

What will you do if (when) I flip town?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: October 28, 2015, 03:12:53 pm »

What will you do if (when) I flip town?

try and figure out who's scum, same as today. not sure what the point of this question is

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 28, 2015, 03:17:25 pm »

Is there support for Edmund, I'd be absolutely willing to lynch him.

Vote: Edmund

What changed from here?

PPE: The point of the question is this: Scum!TA wants to lynch town!me and then keep on going like it never happened, with just one townie more dead. Town!TA, having been shown he was wrong, should recalibrate his views given they were badly wrong before.

I want to make sure that even if I get lynched, I'll still help town towards its goal, and asking you to decide now what you think different flips would mean makes it harder for scum to just move past and let this game continue to its natural end.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 28, 2015, 03:20:05 pm »

Basically, I think gkrieg is likely to be scum. If he flips town, however, I will give scum points to REDACTED, whereas if it he flips scum as I expect, I will give that person town points and scum points to you particularly.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 28, 2015, 03:27:49 pm »

I tend to agree with Gkrieg being scummy, Vote: Gkrieg.

Hey Joseph, why do you think I'm scummy?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 28, 2015, 03:34:54 pm »

Is there support for Edmund, I'd be absolutely willing to lynch him.

Vote: Edmund

What changed from here?

PPE: The point of the question is this: Scum!TA wants to lynch town!me and then keep on going like it never happened, with just one townie more dead. Town!TA, having been shown he was wrong, should recalibrate his views given they were badly wrong before.

I want to make sure that even if I get lynched, I'll still help town towards its goal, and asking you to decide now what you think different flips would mean makes it harder for scum to just move past and let this game continue to its natural end.

Obviously I'll recalibrate and my reads will change, but that's better discussed tomorrow, regardless of whether you or gkrieg gets lynched today

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 28, 2015, 03:37:20 pm »

I think if XP flips town, gkrieg is scum and probably TA is scum.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 28, 2015, 03:40:01 pm »

I think if XP flips town, gkrieg is scum and probably TA is scum.

statements like these make me think you're scum and both xp and gkrieg are town.

Edmund

• Pawn
  • Keklord
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 28, 2015, 05:14:11 pm »

Give evidence that you are town.

Um, I think you might not be reading the thread. Most of my posts since I realized I was close to getting lynched were giving evidence I was town.

So, if you want to scumhunt, give actual reasoning. Give actual reasoning why we are scummier than you.

#816 - you're scum because of how you're tunneling me (using the correct definition)
#811 - I say you're scum because Hydrad put you as scummy without supporting your lynch
#811 - You're scum because town would be less focused and more unclear as to what to do.

Seriously, have you actually been reading my posts? Anyway, this is scummy, as it would be hard to be this clueless on accident.

More wat

Edmund is saying I'm scummy for calling other people scummy and "diverting attention" from my lynch.

I am saying that I should be calling people scummy who I find scummy, and as town I should definitely be diverting attention from my lynch.

So,

XP,

For beginners, there is only 2 scum left (pay attention to your scum pt pls)
So scum getting lynched here is very bad for scum and pretty good for town
Whereas lynching town is like "well that happened"

So if you want to lynch actual scum after your so called huge mega "town-flip" actually bring reasons and try to help town pls

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 28, 2015, 06:12:58 pm »

Are you really saying I should want myself to be lynched? That's crazy.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 28, 2015, 06:14:30 pm »

And just saying "..." and "wat" is rude and unhelpful. Those posts were "bringing reasons".
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 20 queries.