Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]  All

Author Topic: M69: GOP Mafia (Russian Agents win!)  (Read 101823 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M69: GOP Mafia (Russian Agents win!)
« Reply #1075 on: November 13, 2015, 09:10:45 am »

There is a mod QT, but I didn't write a lot besides prewrites for flavor and such. Basically no game commentary.

Bummer. But understandable. And the flavor was really, really good. Like I said, it completely warped my brain on following the GOP primary. Between this and purposefully not paying attention until the start of 2016 I honestly have no idea who is still in the current running anymore...

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 13, 2015, 10:30:39 am »

There is a mod QT, but I didn't write a lot besides prewrites for flavor and such. Basically no game commentary.

Bummer. But understandable. And the flavor was really, really good. Like I said, it completely warped my brain on following the GOP primary. Between this and purposefully not paying attention until the start of 2016 I honestly have no idea who is still in the current running anymore...

+1
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 13, 2015, 02:01:59 pm »

I also agree that the flavor here was awesome. I don't think scum was as screwed as Yuma made them out to be, but I agree that if Town had claimed who they had chosen during the PR distribution phase, scum may have been caught in a lie. The powers themselves don't really matter too much since nothing can be totally confirmed and scum can fakeclaim whatever isn't chosen with Knowledge, but I thought the setup as a whole was well thought out and a cool experiment.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 13, 2015, 02:10:31 pm »

I also agree that the flavor here was awesome. I don't think scum was as screwed as Yuma made them out to be, but I agree that if Town had claimed who they had chosen during the PR distribution phase, scum may have been caught in a lie. The powers themselves don't really matter too much since nothing can be totally confirmed and scum can fakeclaim whatever isn't chosen with Knowledge, but I thought the setup as a whole was well thought out and a cool experiment.

Yes, I think I over-exaggerated the risk to mafia, partially because I still didn't fully understand.

But for me the main issue was that the full mafia team wasn't given a choice as to whether or not they could participate or fake claim. By mandating that everyone except for the mafia team participate they were doomed to need a fake claim (that could have caught them out) if town chose to go down that road.

In a typical game Mafia at least always has the option of being able to claim VT. That is a fall back claim that is "relatively" safe. In this game mafia couldn't claim to not have voted for anyone as per the rules all town players were required to vote for someone. Anyone who was not participating was therefore defaulted to be mafia and that I thought was the problem. So I think in the future, if this setup is run again, a fix would be to either give each individual mafia member a vote (and then maybe raise the level up one on each tier?) or to allow town members to not cast votes, and thus allow mafia to safely claim the same.

Edmund

• Pawn
  • Keklord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 13, 2015, 06:25:36 pm »

So voyeur saws himself

welp

Never fakeclaiming again

GG to everyone.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: November 13, 2015, 07:10:43 pm »

So voyeur saws himself

welp

Never fakeclaiming again

GG to everyone.

Hope you didn't mind me attacking you so mercilessly.

Why did you feel it was necessary to fake claim? And why didn't you discuss doing so in the mafia QT with me?

Edmund

• Pawn
  • Keklord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 16, 2015, 04:08:06 pm »

Nah, no problem on that.

It was an immediate thought. When gkrieg vlaimed, i thought since ive been defending TA p good i thought it might eorked out.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 16, 2015, 04:12:22 pm »

Nah, no problem on that.

It was an immediate thought. When gkrieg vlaimed, i thought since ive been defending TA p good i thought it might eorked out.

it might have. But it really threw me for a loop. I guess I mostly thought it would have been better to talk it through in the QT--we figured that we knew gkrieg was the voyeur as we knew there was one--and that would have helped getting the specifics down for the claim instead of winging it and not fully realizing the mechanics.

anways, it worked out, but I was really flustered, which I tried to convey as townie confusion, but was really just me being confused scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 03, 2017, 08:04:44 am »

Oh man
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 03, 2017, 05:07:29 pm »

I just think about this game sometimes because America.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 03, 2017, 09:48:06 pm »

Sleeper cell.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]  All

Page created in 1.766 seconds with 20 queries.