Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 80  All

Author Topic: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Game over, Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 197319 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1725 on: October 05, 2015, 05:17:50 pm »

That post that you're referring to is because I wasn't going to be around for the deadline but people said to just check in to confirm any mason claims. So that's what I was doing.

PPE

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: October 05, 2015, 05:18:51 pm »

That post that you're referring to is because I wasn't going to be around for the deadline but people said to just check in to confirm any mason claims. So that's what I was doing.

PPE

Hmmm that actually makes sense then...

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: October 05, 2015, 05:21:09 pm »

Well, assuming today we lynch a VT, I'm eliminating Jimmm from my lynch pool.

Why?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: October 05, 2015, 05:40:01 pm »

Well, assuming today we lynch a VT, I'm eliminating Jimmm from my lynch pool.

Why?

Gut.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 05, 2015, 07:49:17 pm »

For whatever you think it's worth, DBMMMT occurs in 0.03% of games, while DBTTTT occurs in 0.9375% of games, which is 31.25 times more likely.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: October 05, 2015, 08:01:36 pm »

For whatever you think it's worth, DBMMMT occurs in 0.03% of games, while DBTTTT occurs in 0.9375% of games, which is 31.25 times more likely.

Another way of putting it is now we know there's a Doctor and a Roleblocker, there's a 1/16 chance that there are no more roles, and a 1/500 chance that there are Masons.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1731 on: October 05, 2015, 08:33:49 pm »

Another way of putting it is now we know there's a Doctor and a Roleblocker, there's a 1/16 chance that there are no more roles, and a 1/500 chance that there are Masons.

Is this right? I'm too tired to do the math myself at the moment, but if that is right, I think we have to lynch a mason today after all. Almost regardless of how believable the mason narrative is, it seems silly to not count on the 499/500 chance.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 05, 2015, 08:42:29 pm »

Is this right? I'm too tired to do the math myself at the moment, but if that is right, I think we have to lynch a mason today after all. Almost regardless of how believable the mason narrative is, it seems silly to not count on the 499/500 chance.

Well we know that one of them is true, so maybe you'd say it's more like 3%/97%. And of course we shouldn't base our lynch on assuming that we have a more likely setup, it's just something to take into account.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1733 on: October 05, 2015, 08:52:38 pm »

Well we know that one of them is true, so maybe you'd say it's more like 3%/97%. And of course we shouldn't base our lynch on assuming that we have a more likely setup, it's just something to take into account.

Oh. Well, 3% is a lot more than 1/500. Had it been 1/500, I think that basing the lynch on it would have been pretty good. Now, it sounds like something that would probably actually happen every now and then, so basing the lynch on it isn't super good.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1734 on: October 05, 2015, 08:53:52 pm »

I need to think about this in more detail tomorrow, though.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 05, 2015, 11:24:20 pm »

I think what we mostly need to take into account is whether or not gkrieg/ash and unknown partner would take the risk knowing such percentages. That is really the question that needs to be asked more than anything else.

But it also needs to be kept in mind that in mafia's eyes at the time they were considering claiming there was only a 50% chance that this would be the fake scenario that would need to be created DBMMMT. The other 50% chance was DMMMTT, which occurs a little bit more often...

Because if fakeclaiming (with what we know of the setup, DBTTTT) mafia knew 1-shot Strongman, Roleblocker so knew there would either be TTTT or TTT so 4Ts to fake claim with or 3Ts to fake claim with.

Wait, I am getting this wrong then. The other 50% chance would be DBXMMM (not what I have above) which would be super, super risky as it is even more rare than what Jimmmmm was describing above.

So gkrieg/ash and buddy would have had to know they would be putting us in a super unlikely scenario or a super, super, super unlikely scenario statistically. Which I don't think they would do.

Either that or they didn't fully weight the statistical risk when making their decision...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: October 06, 2015, 04:51:02 am »

Occam's razor, people.  This is all interesting talk, but basically you are all just pointing out how great my design is.

If you want to argue the likelihood of a setup being rolled as a reason to say we are lying (hint: that's a fallacy), you can flip it and argue that why would scum intentionally lie about something so statistically unlikely?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: October 06, 2015, 08:20:39 am »

Occam's razor, people.  This is all interesting talk, but basically you are all just pointing out how great my design is.

If you want to argue the likelihood of a setup being rolled as a reason to say we are lying (hint: that's a fallacy), you can flip it and argue that why would scum intentionally lie about something so statistically unlikely?

If you were in a Mason pair, you'd have no issue at all with there being another Mason pair, despite the fact that the chances of rolling MMMMMM is literally one in a million?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 06, 2015, 10:11:58 am »

If you were in a Mason pair, you'd have no issue at all with there being another Mason pair, despite the fact that the chances of rolling MMMMMM is literally one in a million?

Considering we've had a doc and rb flip?  Yes, I'd have issue with that.

Are you claiming mason now?

Belligerent and Mean Jimmmmm is generally town!Jimmmmm at least.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: October 06, 2015, 11:46:03 am »

and then you can flip it and argue that scum would know that town wouldn't think they would intentionally lie about something so statistically unlikely.

Except! That is when you start getting into the arguments I was bringing up about WW and TA earlier, about the risk/rewards that mafia have to go through when analyzing making such a decision. Relying on town to make a counter argument of "they would never do that, its too crazy" is a risk that scum, I think more often that not, doesn't take.

Keeping this argument in mind is a little bit difficult when I am the one bringing up the counter side, but I think it is important to still do so.

So I guess I am at the point only mildly considering viewing the masons as potentially fake claiming.

I still want to lynch away from them within the VT pool and then after we correctly hit scum mafia will be forced to make a choice regardless of where the mason claim stands. From there we can go forward, depending on what happens. I think keeping in mind whether or not a person could viably be partners with the mason is going to be a small, but certainly not the most important part, of deciding who to lynch today.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: October 06, 2015, 11:50:07 am »

I know where my vote will be, but I don't want to throw out a vote until we're all agreed it's time to do that.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 06, 2015, 11:51:36 am »

I know where my vote will be, but I don't want to throw out a vote until we're all agreed it's time to do that.

and I know where mine will be (awaclus). Do you want to share where yours will be as well?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 06, 2015, 12:10:49 pm »

UoS.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 06, 2015, 12:12:24 pm »

UoS.

well poop. although probably not a bad choice... if the masons are telling the truth there is a good chance both UoS and Awaclus are both mafia. I just happen to think that Awaclus is a far superior choice.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1744 on: October 06, 2015, 12:32:55 pm »

Now that it's tomorrow and I've thought about this in more detail, I still like lynching from the VTs. It's not unreasonably unlikely that we would have the masons, it would suck if we lynch them and they're town, and if they're scum, we need to find the third scum anyway so might as well do it now, it's super good if scum NKs one of the masons and it's also super good if they NK someone else, and I kind of don't like how easy it is for scum to push the case against the masons at this point since you can base the majority of the case around theory talk instead of having to fabricate reads on someone you know is town.

UoS is a good choice because he makes sense as scum partners with the masons and he's also not the towniest VT around.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: October 06, 2015, 12:35:01 pm »

UoS is a good choice because he makes sense as scum partners with the masons and he's also not the towniest VT around.

You don't like me anymore?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1746 on: October 06, 2015, 01:06:42 pm »

You don't like me anymore?

Well, I re-read the game earlier today and I might actually be inclined to believe that if the masons are town, you are the other VT. I also find it unlikely that you're the masons' partner even if you're scum, so lynching someone who could be your partner or the masons' partner is better.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 06, 2015, 01:57:19 pm »

well... moment of truth time, I think.

vote: UoS.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 06, 2015, 01:58:22 pm »

well... moment of truth time, I think.

vote: UoS.

I don't think.

UoS hasn't even been online today. ash and gkrieg have barely spoken... I request that you remove your vote. We like 5+ days.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 06, 2015, 02:11:14 pm »

That seems like strange timing to cast a vote.  We have a lot of time, and we need to get this right.  I have taken yuma off my list for today.  So that leaves 3/4 of the rest being scum.  I feel like chairs and UoS are my top scum reads right now.  Between Awaclus and jimmmmm I have no idea.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 80  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.