Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 80  All

Author Topic: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Game over, Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 197323 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1650 on: October 02, 2015, 02:31:48 pm »

I'd like a full popsquiz from everyone before we end the day.

UoS
Masons
Chairs
Jimmmmm
Awaclus
Yuma

I am scummy?

I feel like this is the first I have heard of that...

scum -> town

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: October 02, 2015, 02:36:47 pm »

UoS
Masons
Chairs
Jimmmmm
Awaclus
Yuma

I am scummy?

I feel like this is the first I have heard of that...

scum -> town

oh... I thought because the masons were so high that was the townie side...

So I guess I don't get this train of thought from you.

If you are what you say you are, a roleblocker then you think that the masons claimed when there was at least a D and a B. So at most mafia had a TTTT, which would put them at 1-Shot Strongman; Roleblocker and a chance that they were actually at TTT?

Do you see mafia fake claiming day1 with the chance that the setup was TTT and a mason pair had already been created? That seems extremely risky

That is why I think the fake mason idea only works if you are lying as well. Then the setup would just be D and TTTTT, or mafia would think it could also be TTTTTT. much less risky

So I have a hard time seeing why you (if you are town and telling the truth) would think the masons are lying when the scenario that makes the most sense for them to lie would be if you are lying as well...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 02, 2015, 02:45:16 pm »

Scum to town:

TA
Chairs
Awaclus
Yuma
Jimmmmm
UOS
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: October 02, 2015, 02:59:45 pm »

Scum to chum:

Yuma
ashersky/gkrieg13
TA
Awaclus
Jimmmmm
UOS

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: October 02, 2015, 03:08:26 pm »

Scum to chum:

Yuma
ashersky/gkrieg13
TA
Awaclus
Jimmmmm
UOS

Again I say the same thing I said above. If you think TA is telling the truth... which it appears you do, how can you think that ash/gkrieg would lie with the possibility of TTT facing them. That is super risky?

Or am I the only one that thinks so?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: October 02, 2015, 03:14:06 pm »

So we're rushing to give reads lists before the night why?  To help scum target NKs?

This is much more useful during the day, I'll pass.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 02, 2015, 03:17:18 pm »

It's not like we have any PRs who can make use of this.  Why is everyone so quick to go along with it.

Also, sorry I've been busy.  Didn't get to the Hydrad reads vs. living player reads thing, but I think that's likely to have value.

Yes, reads aren't scum's top priority in picking an NK, but I didn't see any PR crumbs from Hydrad and when picking among others, I think killing him because his reads are good (or rather leaving some of us alive because our reads are bad) is more common than using it for framing, we're just paranoid about it.

WIFOM isn't a magic want we can wave to just not look at things.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 02, 2015, 03:20:55 pm »

It's not like we have any PRs who can make use of this.  Why is everyone so quick to go along with it.

Also, sorry I've been busy.  Didn't get to the Hydrad reads vs. living player reads thing, but I think that's likely to have value.

Yes, reads aren't scum's top priority in picking an NK, but I didn't see any PR crumbs from Hydrad and when picking among others, I think killing him because his reads are good (or rather leaving some of us alive because our reads are bad) is more common than using it for framing, we're just paranoid about it.

WIFOM isn't a magic want we can wave to just not look at things.

This is a funny post....

At the top you write about how giving reads before going into night (where one of us that is town will die) is only useful to mafia

But then the rest is saying how analyzing reads of NKs is useful to town because of who the mafia night kills might be dependent upon the reads of the player that died.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: October 02, 2015, 03:34:33 pm »

Umm, yeah.  It's pretty consistent.

Anyway, my bigger point is that tonight's kill probably has less value than last night's kill.  I don't think I really got that across but saying it now.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: October 02, 2015, 03:35:47 pm »

Late game I think the biggest factor for who town NKs is who is and isn't a viable mislynch.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: October 02, 2015, 03:36:49 pm »

Umm, yeah.  It's pretty consistent.

Anyway, my bigger point is that tonight's kill probably has less value than last night's kill.  I don't think I really got that across but saying it now.

Maybe... it depends on what happens...

I think the Hydrad kill was more about PR hunting plus keeping potential mislynches in play than it was what Hydrad's kills were. I don't know what to think about tonight's kill, but I don't really have a problem with people putting out reads because it could be useful down the road, but it depends on who is killed. I think going more into that won't be beneficial though...

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: October 02, 2015, 03:37:16 pm »

Oh, I get what you're trying to say.

But the point is, town and mafia have the same information about a player's reads when we go back to look at it.

If I die, what my exact reads are doesn't matter, what matters is what my reads look like to outside observers.  We gain nothing by giving reads lists going into night.  Mafia gain quite a bit.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: October 02, 2015, 03:38:02 pm »

Late game I think the biggest factor for who town NKs is who is and isn't a viable mislynch.

Agreed.  So what's the benefit of creating a thorough listing of exactly how viable each mislynch is?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: October 02, 2015, 03:39:38 pm »

Let me bring you your scumslippers.

Mafia does the NKs, bub.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: October 02, 2015, 03:40:18 pm »

Hydrad is not that hard to mislynch is he?  And I can't find any PR crumbs he dropped.

And yes, it may not be that Hydrad's reads were great as much as the rest of our reads were especially terrible.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: October 02, 2015, 03:41:28 pm »

Ash, why did you want this?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: October 02, 2015, 03:43:53 pm »

Let me bring you your scumslippers.

Mafia does the NKs, bub.

yes, because scum me wouldn't know this.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: October 02, 2015, 03:44:16 pm »

Hydrad is not that hard to mislynch is he?  And I can't find any PR crumbs he dropped.

And yes, it may not be that Hydrad's reads were great as much as the rest of our reads were especially terrible.

In my analysis a couple of days ago I felt that he was actually on the outside looking in when it came to mislynch ability.

Everyone except for perhaps, you, UoS, had a better reason to be a mislynch (assuming everyone was town).

I had the accidental hammer + WW/faust suspicion
awaclus had me and you on him
TA had the left over PPS! and faust on him
Jimmmm and chairs could be seen as easy lurker lynches

Hydrad didn't have much of anything except a couple of votes day1... From what people have told me he can be an easy mislynch day1 generally, but in this game, compared to the rest of town, I don't think he would be any easier than the other options (of course dependent upon who was actually a viable mislynch and who was town).

This is one of the things that has made me more suspicious of you.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Mod message
« Reply #1668 on: October 02, 2015, 03:45:28 pm »

Thread locked!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Final Vote Count Day 3
« Reply #1669 on: October 02, 2015, 03:46:40 pm »

Final Vote Count Day 3

yuma (1): Awaclus
chairs (2): ashersky, gkrieg13

No-Lynch (5): UmbrageOfSnow, yuma, Jimmmmm, chairs, Twistedarcher

With 8 alive, it took 5 to no-lynch.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Day 3 closing Flavor
« Reply #1670 on: October 02, 2015, 03:50:07 pm »

“What is Hogwarts?”

“A place in a children's book.” Twilight groaned, rubbing her head and crawling into a sitting position. “Why?”

Fluttershy pointed upwards. Whereas something else entirely had been written there upon her arrival, now the letters formed the word 'HOGWARTS'; but only a few moments later, they changed to 'SHE PAINTED FIRE ACROSS THE SKYLINE'.

“Don't pay it any mind,” Twilight said, while Fluttershy gave the words a disbelieving stare. “Now that we've removed the author, things will stop making sense. These are just random bits that are in someway related to his life.”

“How do you know all that?”

Twilight barely noticeably winced upon the question. “I... know everything. The moment the author disappeared, I suddenly knew everything about the game. There are eight players left, it's us... seven, plus Equestria - whatever that means. And I know why we lost players without doing anything; we only get to choose every second one, the other one is-”

A sudden giggle made her turn around. “Huh?”

Fluttershy said nothing, simply pointing upwards and using a front limb to stifle her laughter.

TWILIGHT IS BEST PONY

Twilight could feel her face heating up, an occurrence which wasn't helped by the fact that her clone, too, couldn't suppress a snicker.

“... anyway. We need to find the others, and then we need to decide who of them is lying... there are three among them. Or, well, two, I guess.” She gave a groan. "It's probably something as stupid as the grammar thing."

She didn't say that it could also be someone among them – including herself. A glance back to her clone brought a sour taste into her mouth. If she...

“So, what do we do?”

Twilight gave Fluttershy a smile, thankful for the question.

“Well, this room is a sort of a... uh, artificial intelligence. But not a very smart one. I don't know exactly how it works, but the author must have prepared it somehow.” She tactfully ignored the letters above, which now read 'FEUER UND BRANDUNG UND STURM'. “I don't know exactly how it works, but I think if we want to meet the others, the best we can do is to concentrate on that idea, and then then just walk somewhere.” She pointed to the wall to their left, where a simple room led outside the hall.

The others nodded, and the three of them made a beeline for the exit. Right before they rounded the corner, Twilight threw a final look over her shoulder.

AND THE MADNESS MACHINE

The third word stuck with her long after she had looked away.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Night 3 start
« Reply #1671 on: October 02, 2015, 03:51:18 pm »

No-one has been lynched. Night 3 begins now and ends at October 04, 4 pm forum time.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Day 4 opening Flavor
« Reply #1672 on: October 04, 2015, 05:02:49 pm »

“By the way, guys.” Twilight nervously cast a look around while she spoke. The hallway they were walking through had a strange asthetic, almost resembling a tunnel, and it was going on in turns for far longer than it should. “We decided on the author, and still haven't received a penalty, so soon one of us will-”

“Hi!”

“Yikes!” Twilight winced, but smiled as soon as she had gotten over her initial shock. “We found you. Good.” And so it was, the entire remaining group had rounded a corner, Pinkie in front.

As soon as Twilight had said this, the corridor around them expanded. The outer walls of the narrow walkway broadened, morphing into a large hall, not completely unlike the previous one, but with circular walls, and instead of a shining collection of letters sprouting short messages at random, it seemed to have a shifting aesthetic, forgoing a gradual change, noticeable even during the few seconds since it's appearance.

“... anyway. One of each two removals is out of our control, so soon one of us will...” When she noticed that everyone was staring at her, as if expecting a loophole, she gave a helpless shrug. “I'm sorry. There's nothing we can do. Whoever is chosen will be... pulled out of responsibility.”

Had the room waited on her to say this? Perhaps so, or perhaps it was coincidence, but as soon as the words were said, it happened. Somehow, she had expected the victim to suffer, to collapse maybe, or even to show physical injuries. But of course that was silly, none of them would get hurt, none was in real danger, it was all about winning or not winning. But the shock she felt was real, and when she bit on her tongue until it bled, the resulting pain was real.

She didn't know if her own sudden disappearance, from one moment to the next, had made it easier or harder, perhaps it didn't  matter. But she felt a foreign anger dwelling up inside her, and a cold and calculating determination. Two of her friends were lying, perhaps three, and she would find out who they were. Now.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Day 4 start
« Reply #1673 on: October 04, 2015, 05:04:46 pm »

Twistedarcher has died in the night. He was A clone of Twilight Sparkle, a Town Roleblocker.

Day 4 begins now and ends at October 11, 5 pm Forum Time.

(Also sorry for the 1 hour delay.)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1674 on: October 04, 2015, 05:07:43 pm »

Well I'm glad TA was Nightkilled instead of lynched.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 80  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 19 queries.