Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: You make the card: An F.DS community-created fan card! (Part 18)  (Read 1326 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile

Ok, so 2 options got most of the votes. Let's see which one wins!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

ben_king

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ben.king
  • formerly grsbmd
  • Respect: +612
    • View Profile
Re: You make the card: An F.DS community-created fan card! (Part 18)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 09:57:31 pm »

It's not clear to me how Panther would interact with Watchtower or Transmogrify.  Which one takes precedence?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 10:36:37 pm »

It's not clear to me how Panther would interact with Watchtower or Transmogrify.  Which one takes precedence?

I would say Watchtower or Transmogrify, because they're on the current player's turn.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 11:16:51 pm »
+3

If you are gaining a card, then you can choose which to reveal. If you reveal Watchtower, then revealing Panther won't do anything, because it will have lost track. If you reveal Panther, then lose track will make Watchtower do nothing.

If your opponent gains a card, then he has the right to reveal Watchtower before you have the right to reveal Panther. If he does, then your Panther won't do anything because of lose track.

Transmogrify wouldn't have any interaction with it. It gains a card to hand, after which Panther could be revealed to place the card on top of the deck. Lose track doesn't apply because it is gained directly to hand, not moved to hand by a separate effect. In practice this could be a minor issue for real life play; as the card is technically already in your opponent's hand when you reveal Panther, so how can you know your opponent put the right card back? I don't think it's a real problem though, as you'll reveal Panther as your opponent grabs the victory card from transmogrify.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:18:39 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +864
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 12:00:42 pm »
+2

You can change both wordings to save space and make them more in-line with official cards:

Jaguar: When any player gains a Victory Cardcard, you may discard this card. If you do, gain a card that costs costing less than the gained Victory Cardcard.
Panther: When any player gains a Victory Cardcard, you may reveal this cardfrom your hand. If you do, the player gaining the Victory card puts it on top of their deck.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.