Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: @!@*#* Isotropic  (Read 1339 times)

barsooma

@!@*#* Isotropic
« on: January 06, 2012, 03:09:14 pm »

I'd put together the KC-margrave-masq pin from BM and had about two turns of trimming left before I could fire it.
Lvl. 4 opponent I don't think even saw it coming.
Damn site crashes.. ARRGH.

def

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
Re: @!@*#* Isotropic
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 03:58:23 pm »

So I think almost everybody here had games that crashed on isotropic. It's annoying, but oh well.
Is this game so special in the way that you would have gained satisfaction out of making the game unpleasant for your poor opponent after already having some black market luck I assume? Then I'm somehow happy it crashed. ;)

barsooma

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 04:04:00 pm »

So I think almost everybody here had games that crashed on isotropic. It's annoying, but oh well.
Is this game so special in the way that you would have gained satisfaction out of making the game unpleasant for your poor opponent after already having some black market luck I assume? Then I'm somehow happy it crashed. ;)

It's always fun to break someone in on the pin.. BM wasn't terribly lucky, masquerade and throne room were on the board so I was going for the combo regardless.. luck came in that I was able to get margrave and KC converting it from lackluster to unstoppable.

tlloyd

• Tactician
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 04:52:59 pm »

If I had my way, Isotropic would crash every time someone started to pull this. Well, not crash for everyone--just boot the person playing the combo. Alternatively, Masq should only give the option to trash a card if you passed a card.

barsooma

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 05:25:50 pm »

If I had my way, Isotropic would crash every time someone started to pull this. Well, not crash for everyone--just boot the person playing the combo. Alternatively, Masq should only give the option to trash a card if you passed a card.

I might be ok with that - you could still deconstruct their deck, but it would be a lot trickier, you'd need to keep a trasher and they'd get a 2-card hand to work with. The global crash option would also be amusing (maybe it already exists?)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.