Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Nice Combo: Silkroad / Remake  (Read 2372 times)

Lhurgoyf

• Baron
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
Nice Combo: Silkroad / Remake
« on: January 05, 2012, 08:18:47 pm »

The strategy is to buy many Silvers and other $3 cards in the beginning and then remake them all at once into Silk roads. Your opponent could have no clue what you are up to just when you gain 3 Silk Roads in a turn (buy Remaking 2 Silvers plus buying one) and maybe 2 in the next and there are only 3 left for him before he might react.
After the Silk Roads are empty, you just have to keep buying Silver, Estates and when you can Duchies (try to empty Silkroads, Duchies, Estates).

I don't know how far this works for gardens, because green is not all you need for them to function and Remake doesn't increase the number of cards in your deck.

I just had a game with also Ambassador and Crossroads in it where we both were doing the normal Ambassador thing, I was able to buy an early Gold, and just tried Remake and got 2 consecutive turns with 3 Silk Roads. He only bought 1 so I got 7 Silk Roads, while he bought 7 Provinces but I also got most of the Duchies, so I won 70sth to 40sth (game is not on Councilroom yet so I'll update it later)

A_S00

• Spy
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
Re: Nice Combo: Silkroad / Remake
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 04:37:18 pm »

I'll bet this would work with Silver/Develop, using the Develops to make a whole bunch of Estates and Silk Roads from each other and your Silvers...time to play with the simulator.

teasel

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 05:04:21 pm »

i think the trick is better pulled if you stockpile on remake's and then remake your remake into duchies

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 05:30:07 pm »

I'll bet this would work with Silver/Develop, using the Develops to make a whole bunch of Estates and Silk Roads from each other and your Silvers...time to play with the simulator.

As a general rule, Develop isn't great for gaining Victory cards; they go right on top of your deck.

A_S00

• Spy
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 05:46:44 pm »

As a general rule, Develop isn't great for gaining Victory cards; they go right on top of your deck.
Yeah, it totally failed :P .

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 06:02:17 am »

Develop a $3 into Silk Road/Estate could work, but you'd need a lot of $3s in your deck. How about Trader?

Here's an example game:
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201201/07/game-20120107-025818-87cb1ec8.html

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 09:03:57 am »

Develop a $3 into Silk Road/Estate could work, but you'd need a lot of $3s in your deck. How about Trader?

Here's an example game:
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201201/07/game-20120107-025818-87cb1ec8.html
Island, Nobles, Trader, Develop - this is a board where Silk Road is just ridiculous.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.445 seconds with 20 queries.