Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Pissed  (Read 3034 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Pissed
« on: June 25, 2015, 01:09:59 pm »

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150625/log.54109627e4b0750ebc1f6911.1435252064379.txt

Code: [Select]
Chapel, Masquerade, Oracle, Coppersmith, Mining Village, Scout, Band of Misfits, Harvest, Knights, Market

This is probably one of the worst games I've ever played. I had no prospects of coming back.

Like, I was constantly behind on Knights, and I had no way to coming back at all. In the end, my opponent had two knights and I had nothing. My only question is this: would buying copper here be good?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:19:08 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
Re: Pissed
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 01:13:15 pm »
+7

Code: [Select]
Vineyard, Ironmonger, Smithy, Thief, Embassy, Ghost Ship, Library, Treasury, Altar, Hunting Grounds

If your opponent managed to get two Knights on this board I'd be very pissed as well.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 01:17:59 pm »

LOL WOW

EDIT: Fixed. Weird.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:19:28 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 01:30:41 pm »
+1

Like, I was constantly behind on Knights, and I had no way to coming back at all. In the end, my opponent had two knights and I had nothing.

Opening Chapel - Masquerade isn't enough economy to pick up enough Knights quickly. I'd be inclined to open Masquerade-Silver. Your opponent was also lucky to have 5/2 with Dame Natalie on top.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 01:34:54 pm »
+4

Ok, the first thing is to open Masq/Silver over Masq/Chapel. With Masq out there you don't want to play with a chapelled down deck because you'd be forced to pass good cards all the time. Masq's trashing itself is sufficient and it allows you to build while doing so.

Given that you opened Masq/Chapel, you absolutely have to play Chapel on your T3 Ch,Msq,Hvl,2xCpr hand.

Apart from that your opponent had a great open and didn't make any big mistakes, so it's not surprising that he won the Knight split and then there's just nothing you can do besides looking for the resign button.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 01:36:43 pm »

Well, opening Chapel/another trasher isn't usually very good, especially if said another trasher is Masquerade. Opening Chapel and then not playing it the first time it's in your hand is pretty bad, too. You also had more Mining Villages than you needed early.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 02:23:59 pm »

Ok, the first thing is to open Masq/Silver over Masq/Chapel. With Masq out there you don't want to play with a chapelled down deck because you'd be forced to pass good cards all the time. Masq's trashing itself is sufficient and it allows you to build while doing so.
You're overstating how often the Chapel player has to pass good cards. In reality, if the Chapel player leaves ~3 junk cards in their deck they'll be fine. And yes, Masq does build very fast, but it's slower at playing the cards than Chapel. By this I mean that Chapel can buy a Knight turn 5 and play it on turns 6, 7, and 8. Masq can buy a Knight turn 5, but it will not be able to play it consistently every turn.

Masq is often a better opening than Chapel, but I'm not convinced here.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 02:26:17 pm »

You're overstating how often the Chapel player has to pass good cards. In reality, if the Chapel player leaves ~3 junk cards in their deck they'll be fine. And yes, Masq does build very fast, but it's slower at playing the cards than Chapel. By this I mean that Chapel can buy a Knight turn 5 and play it on turns 6, 7, and 8. Masq can buy a Knight turn 5, but it will not be able to play it consistently every turn.

Want to play this board?

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 02:36:17 pm »
+2

It's really not close here. With Masq/Silver you can't just "buy a Knight turn 5", you are all but guaranteed to hit 5 on T3 and/or T4, together with the chance that your T3 Masq trashes your OvE and triggers the fantastic shuffle at clean-up. And if you intend to keep 3 junk cards in your deck anyway there's even less reason to pick Chapel over Masq.

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 02:48:34 pm »

Want to play this board?
If in the next few minutes someone comes to outpost then sure, why not, I'll play some games.

It's really not close here. With Masq/Silver you can't just "buy a Knight turn 5", you are all but guaranteed to hit 5 on T3 and/or T4, together with the chance that your T3 Masq trashes your OvE and triggers the fantastic shuffle at clean-up. And if you intend to keep 3 junk cards in your deck anyway there's even less reason to pick Chapel over Masq.
Hm, I didn't realize there were shelters. Necro helps a lot.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 02:52:26 pm »

Want to play this board?
If in the next few minutes someone comes to outpost then sure, why not, I'll play some games.

Hm, I didn't realize there were shelters. Necro helps a lot.

I'll be there soon. Getting home from college.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 03:45:26 pm »

Back.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 03:25:57 am »
+4

One tactical remark: in a game where your opponent is buying knights, trashing a mining village for the +2 is not a bad idea at all, since you're likely to lose it anyway. This would cause you to hit 5 and get another knight more often.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.873 seconds with 21 queries.