Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126198 times)

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1100 on: July 10, 2015, 12:24:36 pm »

On re-read, I had a bunch of reasons that pointed to mail-mi not being seprix's partner. Ill look for them later. Dont lynch him too soon plz.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 10, 2015, 03:37:20 pm »

I actually will be busy till sunday night. Ill try to do a re-read then

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Vote Count
« Reply #1102 on: July 10, 2015, 07:34:56 pm »

Vote Count 4.1

mail-mi (1): chairs
Teproc (1): skip wooznum

Not Voting (4): Teproc, Hydrad, pacovf, mail-mi

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 3 ends at July 15, 4 PM Forum Time.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 10, 2015, 07:36:12 pm »

Hey skip, are you serious about your vote on Teproc?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 11, 2015, 05:21:45 pm »

BACK!

Hm. I was going to vote: skip, but I believe his roleblocker claim.

Which means I'm going to vote: pacovf because of his off-wagonness on Awaclus, and I agree with Teproc that the seprix wagon doesn't mean very much.

Also, it's not me.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 12, 2015, 01:36:07 am »

Hey skip, are you serious about your vote on Teproc?
I think it's important that he's not really an IC and people should realize that. Call it paranoid if you want. I don't like lynching anyone else really all that much so im not really sure what to do. I wont have much time to think till sunday night

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1 start!)
« Reply #1106 on: July 12, 2015, 10:42:37 am »

I have a little time now, so let's look at Awaclus' interactions with people still alive (who are not me, because I wouldn't have much to say about that) :

Awaclus and WW, you guys haven't weighed in on the Mail-mi wagon.  What do you think of it?

Not a huge fan of it, but I could do it if there's nothing better. I think it's better than WW at least.

Definitely fits a scum!mail-mi scenario. Awaclus wasn't under pressure at the time, but he still had the opportunity to go for a mail-mi lynch and didn't take it. Not really indicative either way though.

Can we just vote: awaclus and get rolling? I want to perform N1's NK already

Vote: chairs

chairs' vote was putting Awaclus a L-2. Makes chairs look townie, as he could have been a legitimate alternative at that point. Also worth noting that Seprix had just voted for chairs as well.

Can we just vote: awaclus and get rolling? I want to perform N1's NK already

Vote: chairs

Why ?

Because he's scum.

@Awaclus : Do you want to be lynched ?

Not particularly.

Could you please take the time to explain to us why you think chairs is scum then ?

Well, I don't mind explaining it because it should be obvious anyway, but OTOH that also makes the explanation sort of pointless.

I still find this confusing though, why did Awaclus refuse to explain his vote if he and Seprix were trying to set him up as an alternate wagon ?

Hey Awalcus,

Let's say Joe and chairs come back to you and Seprix hammers (or whatever other scenario that leads to you being lynched you think is most probable).

What do you think of the wagon on you?

I think it looks like people are there to pressure me to post more rather than because they actually want to lynch me, which is pro-town, but not hard to do as scum. Chairs was scummy but he's no longer on my wagon.

Not sure if there's something to make out of this, but maybe someone else will.

I think it looks like people are there to pressure me to post more rather than because they actually want to lynch me, which is pro-town, but not hard to do as scum. Chairs was scummy but he's no longer on my wagon.

Okay, so who's scum off-wagon?

Chairs.

Still the only player he calls scummy. He had 4 votes at that point.

I do agree with WW that Seprix is pretty scummy here, though. I could lynch him if nobody else wants to lynch chairs.

This is past the point where his lynch seemed inevitable (he had claimed VT already). Maybe he just understood very early taht he was going down and put his 2 partners as his scum reads to throw people off ? But that backfires horribly once one of them gets lynched... nah, I think his insistence on chairs lookgs good for chairs still.

I don't think scum!Awaclus means town!WW. I do think town!Awaclus heavily implies scum!WW.

Hi I'm Chairs and I like to get things backwards.

Of course he does, he's scum.

LEt's entertain you for a second. Your perceived scumteam is what ? Chairs/WW and ?

Not necessarily WW, although it could be him. Probably more like chairs/Seprix and then someone.

Still refuses to comment on any other player than those three (and still noncommital on WW).

And, you know, what are your reads in general ? On the off chance that you're Morgrim!Awaclus, give us that at least.

Awaclus - obvtown
Teproc - towny
Hydrad - null

Joseph - Innocent Child
Witherweaver - slightly suspicious
skip wooznum - null
A Drowned Kernel - slightly suspicious
Seprix - scummy
mail-mi - null
UmbrageOfSnow - towny
chairs - scummy
pacovf - towny

His last reads, with alive people bolded.

Well that wasn't a lot. Mostly this gives town points to chairs.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1107 on: July 12, 2015, 11:32:51 pm »

I feel bad for thinking this (because it might encourage groupthink and dissuade people from carrying out their reads) but chairs feels a bit scummy for me right now. Like, enough for me to change my vote from mail-mi.

vote: Chairs
actually this feels a lot like seprix had his vote on a partner and was itching to get it off.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1108 on: July 12, 2015, 11:38:08 pm »

Analyzing the wagon come D1 end, and given Seprix's Law of Mafia Average (One/Two scum tends to jump on wagon, The rest stay off wagon), I think I can come to this conclusion:

One scum is in this list: [Crossed players not scum]

Hydrad, Witherweaver, UmbrageOfSnow, Teproc, chairs, Seprix, A Drowned Kernel

One scum is in the other list:

Mail-Mi, Pacovf, Skip Wooznum

Also to factor in is Awaclus voting for Chairs. Could Awaclus have voted for his scum buddy in a last ditch effort to throw everyone off after he died?

Wait, I found this gem over here.

1) town!Awaclus gets very indignant when he has a wagon on him, and continually talks about how not scum he's been acting.

This is true. Usually when I'm town, I have like 29384723984723 town tells that everyone is either not noticing or choosing to ignore on purpose, which is why I have to point them out. In this game, I haven't posted much because a lot of stuff has been going on IRL and other games, and that's why there aren't that many things that I can point out. The only notable thing is that I don't lurk as scum, but there's the problem that I don't usually lurk as town either.

This could easily be scum!WW defending Awaclus there. So if that's the case, we have WW/Awaclus/???. This is nice because I think everyone else bar maybe Chairs (and that's a maybe) is pretty much Town on the wagon.

We have mail-Mi, Pacovf and Skip. Skip seems townie, because he's quite overeager, which is typical for newer players. Pacovf has been strong town thus far.

Looks like a WW/Awaclus/Mail-Mi scum team so far.
would seprix put his only living partner on his projected scumteam?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 12, 2015, 11:41:16 pm »

Also, Mail-mi posted on-site (only a couple times but still) while we were lynching Awaclus conveniently without stopping in here to offer any thoughts or reactions.

Need to do more catching up, but need to respond to this. You guys put up like 8 pages when I was asleep, so I went and checked my other game, then had to leave before I could get through this one, then by the time I came back Awaclus was lynched.

HOORAY Awaclus was scum!

I think we need to lynch off-wagon today.

Final Vote Count Day 1

Awaclus (7): Hydrad, Witherweaver, UmbrageOfSnow, Teproc, chairs, Seprix, A Drowned Kernel
Teproc (1): mail-mi
mail-mi (1): pacovf
chairs (2): Awaclus, Joseph2302

Not Voting (1): skip wooznum

With 12 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

...which, well, really narrows it down to Pacovf and Skip. Skip was acting pretty scummy yesterday, and not having your vote on someone is bad news, like he wanted to find an argument for anyone else but couldn't, but didn't want to vote his scum partner. (Haven't reread end of Day 1 yet so don't know if this is what his posts felt like). vote: skip wooznum

This is extremely bizarre. How did you know that D1 ended without also seeing the flip?

I'm with Pacovf, that IS a bit weird. Only strengthens my Mail-Mi read, so hey. Have an explanation? Because if you don't, I think I have my lynch candidate.
even stronger words against mail-mi here. This I think was the post I was remembering from a previous re-read that lead me to believe mail-mi was town. Plus seprix mixing mail-mi and hydrad up earlier.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: July 12, 2015, 11:50:11 pm »

Not lynching Pacovf today. I liked that analysis. And ADK is now definitely my top lynch choice behind Skip.
this is interesting. In pacovf's re-read, adk and seprix came off as almost equally scummy, yet mail-mi only expressed interest in lynching adk

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 12, 2015, 11:56:06 pm »

vote: Seprix, the things you are saying are just way too weird. L-1?
this doesn't seem like bussing from pacovf. Id imagine he would try to articulate himself clearer with a bus. Just my impression

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 13, 2015, 12:03:00 am »

Alright, so chairs I definitely do not want to lynch. A lot of towny interactions with awa and seprix.

Id rather not lynch pac. I believe his defense for his D1 play, he in general comes off as towny to me.

Teproc also looks not as bad on re-read. He went after both scum decently hard. But im not 100% sold on him

Mail-mi I guess I can lynch, but there is some evidence pointing to his innocence. Overall though, I think hes gotta be the correct choice. vote: mail-mi

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 13, 2015, 12:06:53 am »

Sorry guys, this game completely slipped out of my mind during the weekend. I promise a reread tomorrow evening.

Note that Awaclus also put Seprix to L-2 without any sort of explanation. I am not entirely sure we can read anything off Awaclus's actions...

@skip: yes, Seprix interactions with mail-mi are kind of weird; confusing mail-mi with Hydrad, especially. Do note that Seprix was the godfather, so in a sense, he was the most important scum player, and could have considered a bus like a reasonable move during D2.

Does anybody have any opinion on Seprix-chairs during D2? He comes up quite hostile to him at first... then he claims he investigated him and got a town result. Is that more likely if chairs is town or scum? I honestly have no idea.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 13, 2015, 12:10:17 am »

I think seprix clearly made a mistake with that claim, not realizing that he was supposed to find chairs suspicious. One would probably forget reads one made on a townie than on one's own scumpartner.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 13, 2015, 09:42:05 am »

Yeah, I really don't know why he decided to fake that claim on me of all people.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 14, 2015, 12:44:45 am »

Reading quickly any post mentioning Seprix... and I end up about as confused as before the reread.

Mail-mi and Seprix attack each other with a little bit more intensity than seems reasonable between scum partners, and then there's the mail-mi/Hydrad confusion. Mail-mi voted for Seprix during D2, although he did unvote later. Dunno.

chairs moved his vote from Awaclus to Seprix, then back to Awaclus during the later parts of D1. That's just batshit insane if he is the last scum.

Teproc pretty much had laser-sight guidance on scum this game. Hard to see him be scum.

skip has felt really towny during the whole game, and there's the thing with the roleblocker claim, which is a useless, but believable, claim.

Hydrad is an IC, and I am town.

I say, when you don't understand what is going on, vote for the lurker. vote: mail-mi. This is L-1. I think I go back to skip being my other choice for possible last scum. My gut says he is town, but his interactions with Awaclus and Seprix don't look as good as Teproc's or chairs's.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 14, 2015, 12:45:31 am »

I'll bold it just in case: mail-mi is at L-1.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 14, 2015, 01:10:01 am »

And I'm still just a VT. I think Pacovf has been taking way too much charge with this game, and everyone is following him like sheep. vote: pacovf just in case I'm not right now.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 14, 2015, 08:19:23 am »

Rereading Seprix now.

Wait a second here.

WHAT!?

I read Mail-Mi's post as if Hydrad posted that. Yeah, I meant to vote for Mail-Mi. Wow.

Right, that happened. I don't think it's as big a deal as you are all making it out to be. IN the first few days of the game, you can easily get that kind of confusion even with your scumpartner... this would be a big deal on day 2, or even late in day 1, but that was pretty early in the day (and neither Hydrad or mail-mi had said a lot).

What is your position on Mail-mi, again? I recall you saying that you didn't really feel like voting for him now.

I said Mail-Mi was scummy to me, but I didn't say why I didn't vote for him. Firstly, I confused Mail with Hydrad (3 hours of sleep does this), and when I realized my mistake, I was at L-1, so I didn't want to look like I was trying to throw votes around, hoping they stick. I want to be a bit more careful this time around, I always switch votes all of the time in my previous games. I feel like I should vote for Mail now.

vote: mail-mi

This is a super weak vote... it's also the 3rd vote on mail-mi (main wagon at that point was WW). Not super decisive, butmakes mail-mi a bit more likely to be town.

Seprix, what's your reasoning about Mail-mi?

He's only posted in this game a total of 3 times. It's almost like he's lurking. Also, his first post was about being scum partners, which I would let slide, as it's not evidence on it's own. But then his next two posts are just voting for Hydrad, an then unvoting for Hydrad, and nothing else. He hasn't contributed at all, he's totally lurking too because he posted a lot in the other Mafia game he's in, but not posting here? Hrmmm...

Seprix was the one who brought up mail-mi posting in other threads. To me, that means he was pretty serious about the mail-mi wagon.

Sorry, I'm planning a stream, and have been busy with college. I don't have much to say in all honesty at the moment. Mail-mi still seems like a good lynch.

Do you have any opinions on a pacovf lynch?

Not really. Null for him so far.

First mention of pacovf so far, this is at a pretty uncertain point in the game, the W wagon was dying down and both WW and mail-mi had 3 votes.

quick reads

Awaclus

I didn't like the accusations against Awaclus, but I'm warming up to them. Unknown

Teproc (town) (rational)

I don't understand the arguments against Teproc. He's probably one of my top town reads so far. He's analyzing things pretty well. Town

skip wooznum

I don't know, there are times where I like Skip, times where I don't. I don't know what to think thus far. Scum

mail-mi

I don't need to explain my rationale, I already have before. Scum

chairs

Short posts with long stretches of inactivity. Do we really know who Chairs is? Unknown

pacovf

Asking the right questions, actually doing things right now. Town

Edited down to alive people + Awaclus. People tend to put their scumbuddies in different categories, so chairs looks good here. Mostly this points me towards skip and pacovf : skip is in the "I totally want to lynch him but will never actually vote for him" position (as opposed to mail-mi, whom Seprix did push), while pacovf is a town read because he was a consensus town read at the time so there's very little cost to that.

I feel bad for thinking this (because it might encourage groupthink and dissuade people from carrying out their reads) but chairs feels a bit scummy for me right now. Like, enough for me to change my vote from mail-mi.

vote: Chairs

chairs had just put Awaclus to L-2, seems like a desperate attemps at deflection. chairs is looking damn near IC-ish at this point.

I'll do day 2 in a different post.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 14, 2015, 08:34:40 am »

Analyzing the wagon come D1 end, and given Seprix's Law of Mafia Average (One/Two scum tends to jump on wagon, The rest stay off wagon), I think I can come to this conclusion:

One scum is in this list: [Crossed players not scum]

Hydrad, Witherweaver, UmbrageOfSnow, Teproc, chairs, Seprix, A Drowned Kernel

One scum is in the other list:

Mail-Mi, Pacovf, Skip Wooznum

Also to factor in is Awaclus voting for Chairs. Could Awaclus have voted for his scum buddy in a last ditch effort to throw everyone off after he died?

Well this is interesting. I tend to think Seprix was telling the truth here with his Law thing, because I think scum generally tries to makes cases by pointing out things that they are themselves doing (and therefore know to be scummy) in other people. But that's easy for me to say, since the only people on-wagon left are chairs (very likely own) and myself.

We have mail-Mi, Pacovf and Skip. Skip seems townie, because he's quite overeager, which is typical for newer players. Pacovf has been strong town thus far.

Looks like a WW/Awaclus/Mail-Mi scum team so far.

Still sticking with mail-mi, which is much less significant than on day 1, but still something. Worth noting that skip was under a fair bit of suspicion early day 2, so his town read is a little less safe than on pacovf.

HOORAY Awaclus was scum!

I think we need to lynch off-wagon today.

This is extremely bizarre. How did you know that D1 ended without also seeing the flip?

I'm with Pacovf, that IS a bit weird. Only strengthens my Mail-Mi read, so hey. Have an explanation? Because if you don't, I think I have my lynch candidate.

Still going strong on mail-mi.

So you're saying my Law of Mafia Scum Averages isn't a law!? #triggered

I think Pacovf was just rushed, I'm not entirely sure he's scummy, though since he did try to defend Awaclus, I can give him a closer read. No harm.

This is after pacovf gets under suspicion for interactions with Awaclus on day 1. Smells like scumbuddies to me, non-commital but leaving the door open to a bus if he absolutely needs to.

So to answer your question, I'm not really sure who to vote for, because honestly, I don't see the ADK case. I'm not as confident on the Mail-Mi case, but I guess that's still my top read thus far.

Huh. Suddenly less decisive on mail-mi.

And then we get into fakeclaim territory and he gets lynched.

Ok, I think chairs can safely be discounted. mail-mi and skip are both possibilities, skip moreso than mail-mi based on interactions alone, if only because there are so few of them. Seprix pushing mail-mi on day 1 still means something to me. However my main suspect at this point is pretty clearly pacovf, Awaclus has nothing to say about him (except calling him townie in his dying WIFOM reads) but that's true of most people. Seprix, OTOH, is constantly following the flow of town on pacovf, null when consensus haven't formed yet, then town when everyone sees him as town, then slight doubt when cases are made against him. Easily the player that fits the best so far.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 14, 2015, 09:07:31 am »

...that's actually a good point.

vote: pacovf

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 14, 2015, 09:23:41 am »

Anyway I like what UoS is doing here. Vote: Seprix.

4th vote in that super early Seprix wagon. So early in the game that I don't think it makes them less likely to be partners, but worth noting.

In Flavourless, Seprix was scum. He was jokey, considered D1 is pointless and random, he was very eager to get joseph (first wagon) lynched, then kinda backed off super quickly when it turned out bad for him. It's kinda similar from what is happening here, but one would guess that he would have mixed things up if he was scum again. Besides, I can't really compare with his town meta, I haven't really been following the recent games.

His argument on Seprix allows him to move off him (he votes mail-mi in that post) without taking a strong stance on him either.

What is your position on Mail-mi, again? I recall you saying that you didn't really feel like voting for him now.

This is adressed to Seprix, who was basically calling mail-mi scummy without actually voting. Coaching maybe ? Not super strong though.

@pacovf re: Awaclus being a similar case to mail-mi. That's a good point, though I think Awaclus is much more likely to flip scum. But yeah, he's a meh day 1 lynch for the same reasons as mail-mi... and you'll notice he's not my preferred one.

There's a fundamental difference between the two: Awaclus would strictly be a lurker lynch. That means no accountability whatsoever if we lynch him. Nobody voting for mail-mi is doing so because of his lack of content, it's because what little there is, is scummy, so they won't be able to deflect responsibility tomorrow (should he happen to flip town).

That being said, I don't like the way Awaclus has been lurking. Most lurkers are just passive, not checking the game all that often, then posting a quick thought or two when they log in. Awaclus has been following the game closely, and just choosing not to post anything. Normally I would argue very strongly against a D1 lurker lynch, but I wouldn't feel so strongly about it in this specific case. Still, I would prefer a lynch elsewhere.

The problem is that you offer three lynches. WW and skip are town, IMHO, and Awaclus is a lurker lynch. So there's no common ground between our positions.

This is where we get into the thick of it. Of course there's a town narrative for this, and pacovf has provided it. But there's also a strong scum narrative, and it's stronger for pacovf than anyone else alive (at least for day 1). asically by saying Awaclus is a lurker lynch with no accountability, he's washing his hands of the lynch himself : if the lynch doesn't have accountability, he doesn't have to be held accountable himself for not being on it. Granted the Awaclus wagon was very small (either one or two votes, not a lot of vote counts around there) at the time, but still, any lurker on day 1 is vulnerable, and pacovf had to be aware of this if he was scum, and was thus offering another, better lurker lynch in mail-mi. And when I say lurker lynch, I don't mean "lynching someone solely for being a lurker" here, I just means "lynching someone who happens to be a lurker", which is always easier on day 1 than lyncing active players.

Is anyone voting (or wanting to vote) for Awaclus for a reason other than him lurking? If he flips town, are you all going to throw your hands up in the air and say "but he was lurking!"?

I'm all up for lynching lurkers... starting on D2. Otherwise, I would rather lynch someone that actually gets us somewhere even if he flips town. Own your votes, people!

4 votes on Awaclus at this point.

Again, I haven't had the time to reread Awaclus, but while UoS is really persuasive, the case against Awaclus is still just that he is lurking. Lurker lynches are bad in D1, because if he flips town, we have next to nothing. I would totally be for an Awaclus lynch for D2 (assuming nothing better comes up from the flips), because he has earned it many times over, but I don't think I want to lynch him today.

5 votes on Awaclus.

That's basically it for day 1. There's a post where he expresses surprise about Awaclus claiming VT? but then everyone was surprised about that since he had softclaimed a PR earlier.

DAY 2

There's more after this, won't quote it all because I want to go watch the Tour de France so I'm speeding this up a bit.

Above is pacovf defending his day 1 play (quoting it here so that he doesn't have to reiterate everything).

Basically it's this : while pacovf has a town narrative, and it's easy to believe it because he's been active, he also has a stronger scum narrative than anyone else on day 1. mail-mi and skip have decent ones as well, but mail-mi looks better when looking at interactions and skip looks better based on play alone. The way skip's play is townie is much harder to replicate than the way pacovf's play is townie, which is why I think pacovf is the better lynch.

WHAT TIME IS IT?

REREADING TIME

Won't quote the whole thing because it's huge and you can just click on it, but he's laying some heavy suspicion on Seprix on it, among others. But he also points out the L-2 Awaclus vote on Seprix, which leads us here :

So, from the Awaclus lynch, ADK and Seprix look absolutely horrible. UoS is guaranteed town, WW is very likely to be town too, and Teproc and chairs look pretty good (the former for inciting an Awaclus lynch, but unfortunately only voting very late; the latter for decisive votes, the first of which being quite weird).

From the WW wagon, ADK and chairs look bad, and I don't think anyone looks particularly good.

Then there's mail-mi, who has been completely absent from this game. I don't think I can say I have a case on him anymore, but I could be ok with a lurker!mail-mi lynch later on (thank God, now when people will accuse me of inciting a lurker-lynch, they will be right!). Skip Wooznum just fits a town playstyle too well for me to want to lynch him with the weak evidence against him.

Awaclus made a pretty ballsy vote on Seprix back when he had a wagon on him, so considering both wagons, and between ADK and Seprix, I definitely prefer vote: ADK.

Between Seprix and ADK then, but he chooses ADK. Of course town can do this, because hey, it was a reasonable choice, but still, convenient position for scum to be in, because he can switch gears at any point.

Awaclus made a pretty ballsy vote on Seprix back when he had a wagon on him, so considering both wagons, and between ADK and Seprix, I definitely prefer vote: ADK.

I think you're giving too much weight to the Seprix wagon. It was very, very early on in the day, and I know we've had some day 1 quicklynches recently, but it was still unlikely to go all the way. I suppose it's worth some town cred for Seprix, but his interactions with Awaclus so perfectly fit what I'd expect from a scumpartner that I can't overlook it.

Well, I am just using Occam's razor. Seprix looks a bit worse than ADK from his interactions with Awaclus, but it becomes a toss up between the two when you consider WW's wagon*. So Awaclus's early vote on Seprix tips the scales towards ADK. I would still be happy with a Seprix lynch, though.

*Yes, I know that wagons on town are not as informative as wagons on scum, and that we aren't 100% sure that WW is town. That doesn't mean we should ignore it.

ADK is a good lynch as well, not my preferred but I'll join it if needed. His interactions with Awaclus are more subtle but that's to be expected since ADK is more experienced. It's just that when you lynch scum on day 1, I think the simplest answer tends to be the right one (and here the simplest answers are Seprix and pacovf).

Considering our playstyles, do you really think that ADK being more subtle here is actually so good an argument that you put him on an entirely different willing-to-lynch category than Seprix and I?

Honestly, after finishing the reread, ADK seems quite a bit scummier than I am, but then again, I am terribly biased.

People need to stop giving massive towncred for just doing work btw. People like pacovf will absolutely do that as scum, especially when their day 1 interactions are as damning as they are here. It's fine to give some towncred for it (it's a big reason why I prefer lynching Seprix to pacovf), but just like mail-mi lurking doesn't mean he's scum, pacovf (or me, or WW etc.) doing rereads doesn't mean they're town.

Can we ignore this perfectly good point you are raising just because it would serve me? :P

More of the same, and that last quote of mine is still relevant so there.

Sure, we can wait, don't worry.

In the meantime, Seprix, care to defend yourself or put your vote down somewhere?

Looks a bit partner-y, though Seprix wasn't the main wagon at that point, so meh.

I'm not too focused on the game. ADK and Pacovf could be announcing they're scum and I wouldn't know. College is hard :(

...did Seprix just concede the game here?

Not sure what that's about, I don't know why pacovf would read that as a confession, regardless of his alignement. Maybe someone else can make something of it ?

I see what UoS is saying regarding scum!mail-mi but I don't think you go that route as scum.

I think in Awaclus's position you avoid mentioning your partner entirely or toss a meaningless vote on them to throw off suspicion... which is to say, Seprix now looks scummier to me.

When Awaclus voted for Seprix, it was L-2, and the wagon was quickly growing. Granted, it was very early, but still.

I prefer an ADK lynch to a Seprix one, but would be happy with either. A mail-mi lynch would be fine too.

I would like to hear ADK's defense before we lynch anyone, but I am not averse to people getting votes down already. Especially Seprix and mail-mi (skip is not happening today).

One thing I'm noticing in this reread is how consistent pacovf's reads are. Which, in case you're wondering, is not that townie. This is probably me looking at it with scum-colored glasses though at this point, as I'm fairly convinced.

vote: Seprix, the things you are saying are just way too weird. L-1?

Seprix was indeed being a little weird, speculating openly about ADK's role (because of the whole scumslip discussion). Not sure why that warranted the vote but ADK had just done a reread, maybe pacovf felt the wind was blowing in Seprix's way at that point, since he was at 4 votes with ADK at 3 (including pac).

Then Seprix claims, and pacovf is the one who pokes holes in it. I think those holes would have been found either way, but could maybe has bought Seprix a day if I and others had been lazy. That still deserves some towncred from pacvof, he certainly didn't have to do that. But if he thinks Seprix is going to be lynched, he's going to need to grab all the towncred he can get, because he has to get through 3 mislynches at that point, so the scum narrative is definitely there. Again, I can't really look at this objectively now, I'm pretty convinced, but this doesn't dissuade me.

And there's a bit more left but it's less relevant. I might get back to it at some point, but seriously guys, they're getting into the Pyrénées right now.

vote: pacovf

I will reread skip and mail-mi next, but I'm prety certain we should lynch pacovf today.

PPE : With chair's vote, that's L-1.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 14, 2015, 01:42:12 pm »

And I'm still just a VT. I think Pacovf has been taking way too much charge with this game, and everyone is following him like sheep. vote: pacovf just in case I'm not right now.

...have we been following the same game?

@Teproc: I don't think you are giving me enough credit for my role in Seprix's lynch. It didn't look like he was going to get lynched when I shot his claim down. I could also have kept my focus on mail-mi during D2. There were enough people that were ready to lynch him if needed.

I think you are so convinced of my scuminess by the time you end up reading D1, that you don't weight properly all the other, later things that should shake your read on me, at the very least to the same degree as mail-mi.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 14, 2015, 01:42:29 pm »

I agree that chairs is pretty much conf!town though.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 51  All

Page created in 2.924 seconds with 21 queries.