Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126157 times)

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #900 on: July 01, 2015, 03:55:56 am »

Meant this:

I didn't miss that. I was pointing out that you were making an empty post about the setup, and was using strongman to refer to the role in general. I feel like that should be obvious but whatever.
according to your own account, we should interpret your post to say "skip points out there's at least a one-shot strongman." This is downright false, I didn't point that out. So what I think happened is that you scumslipped.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 01, 2015, 03:58:24 am »

vote: Seprix, the things you are saying are just way too weird. L-1?
this was a bad vote. Seprix says weird things. Deal with it.

PPE: I'm not intending to hammer right now, but go for it. Also I'm going to bed for real now.
this is way worse. Of course he shouldn't claim. We're nowhere near deadline and I think a bunch of people want to lynch you anyway. And he was only third on your scumlist anyway. If you hadnt already scumslipped I think this is bad enough by itself.

PPE

You are correct that he shouldn't have claimed, and I apologize for having said so. You are not correct that I scumslipped, because I am not scum.

I was going over posts and writing things down as I saw them. I was making a point about you making an empty post, and didn't spell things out completely explicitly. So sue me.

All this makes me think you're probably town anyway, so I'm ready to vote: pacovf
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 01, 2015, 04:04:13 am »

Its worthless for me to keep saying the same thing but you still haven't responded to the point ive made at least twice.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 01, 2015, 05:46:28 am »

Vote Count 2.4

Seprix (5): Teproc, chairs, UmbrageOfSnow, mail-mi, pacovf {L-1}
pacovf (2): Witherweaver, A Drowned Kernel
A Drowned Kernel (2): skip wooznum, Seprix

Not Voting (1): Hydrad

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends at Jul 4, 7 PM Forum Time.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 01, 2015, 05:48:48 am »

unvote for now. Scum has every incentive to claim but Cop is powerful, might be worth lynching someone else.

skip : scumslips arguments are not as strong as you think they are. "Scumslips" have come from town at least as often as the have from scum.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 01, 2015, 05:51:43 am »

Will be back later, don't have time for more now. Basicall our choice is :

- lynch someone else scummy, which runs into the risk of drawing out another claim and put us in an uncomfortable situation
- lynch Seprix through the claim, but there's a slight chance that we lose a cop which, if he is one, is likely our strongest PR left.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 01, 2015, 06:01:17 am »

right may as well keep seprix alive. I believe the claim for now.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 01, 2015, 08:39:42 am »

unvote

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 01, 2015, 09:06:40 am »

- lynch someone else scummy, which runs into the risk of drawing out another claim and put us in an uncomfortable situation
- lynch Seprix through the claim, but there's a slight chance that we lose a cop which, if he is one, is likely our strongest PR left.
you think theres only a slight chance he's telling the truth?
unvote for now. Scum has every incentive to claim but Cop is powerful, might be worth lynching someone else.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 01, 2015, 09:10:12 am »

skip : scumslips arguments are not as strong as you think they are. "Scumslips" have come from town at least as often as the have from scum.
I know. And I promise I dont just run around looking for scumslips, though this game may give impressions otherwise. But instead of talking about the comparative merits of scumslip arguments in general, id much rather you explain to me how you believe adk's defense of it this time.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Replacement
« Reply #910 on: July 01, 2015, 10:51:26 am »

Witherweaver has been replaced by hockeysemlan.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 01, 2015, 10:51:56 am »

Vote Count 2.5

Seprix (3): UmbrageOfSnow, mail-mi, pacovf
pacovf (2): hockeysemlan, A Drowned Kernel
A Drowned Kernel (2): skip wooznum, Seprix

Not Voting (3): Hydrad, Teproc, chairs

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends at Jul 4, 7 PM Forum Time.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 10:53:52 am by silverspawn »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 01, 2015, 11:01:33 am »

unvote I believe seprix.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 01, 2015, 12:28:29 pm »

I don't really believe Seprix.

He didn't understand how cop actually worked
Another option is that ADK could be a cop? If I'm not mistaken, they can find out roles, right?

Then again, he also didn't get why a townie could know for sure there was a non-1-shot strongman without it being a scumslip.

And with 50% of the remaining scum being godfathers, cop isn't as strong as it sometimes is.

Still, I think we should leave Seprix alive for today, the non-Godfather scum may feel pressure to take this decision off our hands, and if not Seprix can start creating a better not-Godfather pool.

Once the Godfather is dead, the strongman has to take him out or die by POE.  If Seprix lives past a certain point we can safely lynch fakeclaim!Seprix then, which is better than now.

Oh, I just said "strongman" was that a scumslip?  No.  No it was not.

Vote: Pacovf

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 01, 2015, 12:33:14 pm »

Also, come on Mail-mi, you can do better than that.

I really don't like Mail-mi's commitment to not even trying.  Like I just don't understand why you're even signing up for these games.  You're not even trying to be helpful here.

I get the impression only WW and I are interested in voting Mail-mi, and I want to get a lynch decision reached in the next couple of days before we get to the holiday weekend.  But can we  please, PLEASE not let Mail-mi get away with this crap for the whole rest of the game guys?  I mean what if we go to LYLO with Mail-mi.  If we let him coast that far the game is a coin flip.  He's just daring us to never lynch him because "scum wouldn't do that"  but I think scum absolutely would lurk and say "might as well just lynch me".  And I'm worried the town who make it to the endgame are just going to give him a pass.

I do not understand why a VT claim, a commitment to unhelpfulness, and "sure, go ahead and lynch me" should be worth towncred.  Do we give towncred for self-voting too?

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: July 01, 2015, 12:34:38 pm »

Ah, the replacement has been announced..

Hi everyone! Trying to catch up the best I can, keep doing whatever it is your doing in the meantime. If you want to give me heads up about your thoughts on me /WW I appreciate it.
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 01, 2015, 12:35:08 pm »

Also, come on Mail-mi, you can do better than that.

I really don't like Mail-mi's commitment to not even trying.  Like I just don't understand why you're even signing up for these games.  You're not even trying to be helpful here.

I get the impression only WW and I are interested in voting Mail-mi.

I'm down for lynching him now, and I'm not alone in that regard.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 01, 2015, 12:37:03 pm »

Hi everyone! Trying to catch up the best I can, keep doing whatever it is your doing in the meantime. If you want to give me heads up about your thoughts on me /WW I appreciate it.

That reminds me. Why did WW leave? If I'm asking an unethical question, sorry.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 01, 2015, 12:39:30 pm »

Seprix, if you really are a cop, please investigate one of our collective top lynch targets that we don't lynch today.  So if we lynch Pacovf, investigate Mail-m.  If we lynch Mail-mi, investigate Pacovf, etc.  Report results at the start of each day so we have them out there.

If you're really a cop we need you to investigate the targets most useful in process of elimination in the event we lynch the Godfather.  i.e. the mislynches we could most likely avoid, who are unlikely to be NK'd.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 01, 2015, 12:41:56 pm »

Seprix, if you really are a cop, please investigate one of our collective top lynch targets that we don't lynch today.  So if we lynch Pacovf, investigate Mail-m.  If we lynch Mail-mi, investigate Pacovf, etc.  Report results at the start of each day so we have them out there.

If you're really a cop we need you to investigate the targets most useful in process of elimination in the event we lynch the Godfather.  i.e. the mislynches we could most likely avoid, who are unlikely to be NK'd.

Assuming I don't die.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 01, 2015, 12:43:52 pm »

Hi Hockey, welcome to the game.

I'm townreading your slot, but don't let that make you lazy please.  Why is that your first question though?

If you're really asking "am I in danger of being lynched right now" the answer is no.  We're lynching Mail-mi, Pacovf or mayyyybbe Seprix who just claimed cop or ADK who finally decided to step it up and play the game.

Mail-mi is a lurker lynch, but it's such a good lurker lynch.  Pacovf has really bad interactions with lynched scum!Awaclus, but on the other hand he's actually participating in the game.  That's roughly what today's decision is going to be at this point I think.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 01, 2015, 12:46:32 pm »

Assuming I don't die.

It's not a bad assumption to make.  There are plenty of good NK targets for scum and we might have a doctor.  And no offense, but if you are a real cop, you're more likely to be disbelieved and lynched through it than, for example, Hydrad.  And the Godfather has nothing to fear from you.

Play the game like you're going to see tomorrow.  The odds are reasonable that you will.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 01, 2015, 12:49:41 pm »

Assuming I don't die.

It's not a bad assumption to make.  There are plenty of good NK targets for scum and we might have a doctor.  And no offense, but if you are a real cop, you're more likely to be disbelieved and lynched through it than, for example, Hydrad.  And the Godfather has nothing to fear from you.

Play the game like you're going to see tomorrow.  The odds are reasonable that you will.

Got it. I'll scout out whoever we don't lynch who is in second place, then.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 01, 2015, 01:01:34 pm »

you think theres only a slight chance he's telling the truth?

I would expect scum!Seprix to claim here, and Cop is probably the best fakeclaim for scum ? It's either that or a 1-Shot, but Cop works even better, because there's upside for us not to lynch him even if we don't fully believe him, as evidenced by, well, my position here. chairs is also an interesting choice, as it's someone who would have been an understandable cop target given that many suspected him at the end of day 1, but it's suspected much now, so it's not like he's actually removing anyone from the lynch pool. The more I think about it, the more this claim seems too neat to be true actually.

Yeah, way too neat. My argument for not lynching him was that a Cop is a real problem for scum here, because if he lives they're going to get PoEd to death, especially if we manage to lynch the Godfather. But the more I think about it, the more this looks like a fakeclaim to me, especially considering the confusion about Cop/Rolecop earlier.

vote: Seprix

@UoS, re : mail-mi. Don't lynch anti-town, lynch scum. I'm not particularly convinced mail-mi is town, but there are other people I find much scummier.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 01, 2015, 01:01:59 pm »

Ugh. Quoting is hard guys. Hopefully you get the gist of it.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 51  All

Page created in 2.514 seconds with 20 queries.