Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126195 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #850 on: June 29, 2015, 11:59:21 am »

I see what UoS is saying regarding scum!mail-mi but I don't think you go that route as scum.

I think in Awaclus's position you avoid mentioning your partner entirely or toss a meaningless vote on them to throw off suspicion... which is to say, Seprix now looks scummier to me.

I mean he only said anything about Mail-mi after I explicitly asked him.  People had been talking about Mail-mi for a while with no contribution from Awaclus.

And yeah, I know there's not much to go off of, in either direction, with Mail-mi.  But these small chances might still be enough to help decided a lynch with better odds than a random choice among all the scummy people.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Vote Count
« Reply #851 on: June 29, 2015, 12:46:23 pm »

Vote Count 2.3

Seprix (2): Teproc, chairs
pacovf (1): Witherweaver
A Drowned Kernel (2): pacovf, UmbrageOfSnow
chairs (1): A Drowned Kernel
skip wooznum (1): mail-mi

Not Voting (3): Seprix, Hydrad, skip wooznum

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends at Jul 4, 7 PM Forum Time.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 29, 2015, 12:58:45 pm »

Why are you guys not voting?

Seprix is so paranoid of being found scummy for his normal play that he's playing even scummier.

Vote: Seprix

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 29, 2015, 02:06:02 pm »

My 3-people lynch pool would be {Seprix, pacovf, ADK}
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #854 on: June 29, 2015, 02:12:01 pm »

Awaclus and WW, you guys haven't weighed in on the Mail-mi wagon.  What do you think of it?

Not a huge fan of it, but I could do it if there's nothing better. I think it's better than WW at least.

When I asked Awaclus why Mail-mi was better than WW he never gave a reason.  At this point he only had Hydrad's placeholder vote of course, so he was certainly not feeling pressured yet.  I think given Awaclus' flip, strategy, and reply that the reason he didn't have a reason was obviously because there was no reason and he hadn't actually thought about this in any detail.  But what does Awaclus very slightly preferring a Mail-mi lynch over a WW lynch without contributing anything tell us?

For me, I think it makes Mail-mi somewhat more likely to be scum.  What do you guys think?
I believe he did think about it and tried to reflect the popular opinion (or at least what he assumed the popular opinion would end up being). I dont think it means anything alignment-wise.
Realizing that's a bit unclear:

Awaclus knows Mail-mi and WW's alignment.  Awaclus has decided to avoid contributing or making any firm statements in the game.

If we lynch Mail-mi and he is scum or lynch WW and he is town, Awaclus looks like he's paying attention and has some insight.

Now it's also possible that Awaclus wanted us to lynch Mail-mi because Mail-mi is town, but I think even refusing-to-be-committal Awaclus could have given it stronger support than that, especially as Mail-mi was the center of discussion at the moment and had (I think) 3 votes and a couple other people making non-committal noises.  And especially as his own perceived town meta, while it involves not ever making a case apparently, certainly allows for having an opinion beyond "if no one better comes along."

I can see either interpretation, but I think this is still a point against Mail-mi.
this assumes one of ww/mm is town and one is scum. But they could just both be town, or both scum (though admittedly unlikely). If theyre both town, awaclus's comment still fits.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: June 29, 2015, 02:14:06 pm »

At this point I'll vote: adk but I like lynching pacovf too.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 29, 2015, 02:36:29 pm »

I mean he only said anything about Mail-mi after I explicitly asked him.  People had been talking about Mail-mi for a while with no contribution from Awaclus.

And yeah, I know there's not much to go off of, in either direction, with Mail-mi.  But these small chances might still be enough to help decided a lynch with better odds than a random choice among all the scummy people.

I don't think that post carried enough weight for it to be worth it to try to read through the generous amounts of WIFOM that Awaclus is capable of.

I see what UoS is saying regarding scum!mail-mi but I don't think you go that route as scum.

I think in Awaclus's position you avoid mentioning your partner entirely or toss a meaningless vote on them to throw off suspicion... which is to say, Seprix now looks scummier to me.

When Awaclus voted for Seprix, it was L-2, and the wagon was quickly growing. Granted, it was very early, but still.

I prefer an ADK lynch to a Seprix one, but would be happy with either. A mail-mi lynch would be fine too.

I would like to hear ADK's defense before we lynch anyone, but I am not averse to people getting votes down already. Especially Seprix and mail-mi (skip is not happening today).
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 29, 2015, 07:33:29 pm »

I think my 3 are ADK first then pacovf/seprix are tied for a close second right now.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 29, 2015, 07:42:50 pm »

vote: ADK
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 29, 2015, 07:45:21 pm »

I don't know what to add, so I guess I can answer any questions you guys have for me.

Also, I'm going on a week long vacation next week with no internet access. So maybe it might be a good idea to lynch me just because of that.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 29, 2015, 07:48:27 pm »

I promise a reread tonight.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 29, 2015, 07:58:30 pm »

I don't know what to add, so I guess I can answer any questions you guys have for me.

You could start by moving your vote to someone that might actually get lynched today.

Also, I'm going on a week long vacation next week with no internet access. So maybe it might be a good idea to lynch me just because of that.

pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 29, 2015, 08:05:45 pm »

Well, if this is the case, I can't see scum saying this AT ALL. I'm so puzzled over this. I think my read just flew out the window here.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 29, 2015, 08:07:42 pm »

You could start by moving your vote to someone that might actually get lynched today.

Erm, I think skip might be lynched today.

I am town, but I'm just a VT and I haven't been contributing to the game at all anyway, so I'm the best town you could possibly lynch.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 29, 2015, 08:13:30 pm »

I don't remember anyone else saying that they wanted to lynch skip today. Nobody has built a real case on him either. It seems quite unlikely.

I am town, but I'm just a VT and I haven't been contributing to the game at all anyway, so I'm the best town you could possibly lynch.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 29, 2015, 08:14:13 pm »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 29, 2015, 08:21:50 pm »

I don't remember anyone else saying that they wanted to lynch skip today. Nobody has built a real case on him either. It seems quite unlikely.

Well, I guess I could vote: seprix then.

*shrugs*

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 29, 2015, 08:26:31 pm »

*shrugs*

Haha.

Still have to think about what this means though.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 29, 2015, 08:45:38 pm »

Do you have any strong opinion about anything? How closely have you been following the game? What are the things that have struck you the most?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 30, 2015, 10:54:53 am »

So, did you have the time to do that reread, ADK?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: June 30, 2015, 11:00:22 am »

Ugh, I'm being awful about this game. When I get behind it just seems so hard to catch up. I'm sorry for dropping the ball here, I will try and have something by the end of the day.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 30, 2015, 11:00:57 am »

I realize that this looks super scummy, and don't blame people for having scum reads on me right now. I will try and make it right though.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 30, 2015, 11:03:08 am »

I guess part of the problem is I feel I need to do some sort of massive reread, but in the interest of getting some sort of content out before I can do that, I'll say that I'd rather lynch off wagon than on, and that pre-reread skip is my preferred lynch.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 30, 2015, 11:31:34 am »

To be fair to Mail-mi, I was pushing a Skip lynch earlier, but my town reads don't like lynching him, and only my scumreads do, and ADK, Mail-mi, Seprix, and Pacovf are all plenty scummy in their various ways and the naive-town theory on Skip is certainly plausible.  I'd rather a lynch most of my townreads agree on when there are so unfortunately many good lynches.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: July 01, 2015, 02:19:03 am »

Uh, guys? Inactivity is pro scum.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 51  All

Page created in 1.938 seconds with 20 queries.