Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126248 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #750 on: June 26, 2015, 11:24:29 am »

Fair enough.

What's the difference with NMVI then? Something similar happened there, and you reacted the opposite way.

You'd have to remind me.  Was that the New Mafia game that you played?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 26, 2015, 11:35:58 am »

Also, Mail-mi posted on-site (only a couple times but still) while we were lynching Awaclus conveniently without stopping in here to offer any thoughts or reactions.

Need to do more catching up, but need to respond to this. You guys put up like 8 pages when I was asleep, so I went and checked my other game, then had to leave before I could get through this one, then by the time I came back Awaclus was lynched.

HOORAY Awaclus was scum!

I think we need to lynch off-wagon today.

Final Vote Count Day 1

Awaclus (7): Hydrad, Witherweaver, UmbrageOfSnow, Teproc, chairs, Seprix, A Drowned Kernel
Teproc (1): mail-mi
mail-mi (1): pacovf
chairs (2): Awaclus, Joseph2302

Not Voting (1): skip wooznum

With 12 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

...which, well, really narrows it down to Pacovf and Skip. Skip was acting pretty scummy yesterday, and not having your vote on someone is bad news, like he wanted to find an argument for anyone else but couldn't, but didn't want to vote his scum partner. (Haven't reread end of Day 1 yet so don't know if this is what his posts felt like). vote: skip wooznum

This is extremely bizarre. How did you know that D1 ended without also seeing the flip?

I'm with Pacovf, that IS a bit weird. Only strengthens my Mail-Mi read, so hey. Have an explanation? Because if you don't, I think I have my lynch candidate.

I do. My first post was my "respond to UoS" post, and my second was my "respond to everything" post. I had read up til the end of the day and saw the flip, and had to catch up with all of day 2.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 26, 2015, 11:40:59 am »

Fair enough.

What's the difference with NMVI then? Something similar happened there, and you reacted the opposite way.

You'd have to remind me.  Was that the New Mafia game that you played?

Yes. I deflected to TA while SK dug a hole for himself, while saying that we should totally lynch him D2. Although there I deflected because SK was a newbie, not a lurker. During D2, you thought unlikely that such a thing could come from scum.

If you don't remember the game well enough to tell where the difference is, no need to reread it.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 26, 2015, 11:45:49 am »

Okay.  It's certainly possible it's inconsistent.  Maybe I didn't think you would be so bold to defend there, I'm not sure.

Here it felt like you were just really lukewarm about Awaclus; you didn't want to completely argue that he shouldn't be lynched at all, but didn't want to get on the wagon either.

Also, your meta-awareness of how you handled a similar situation when you were town in a different game does not to many favors for my impression of you now.  You could have easily been aware of this yesterday when deciding how to treat Awaclus.  "Oh, I did this in my other town game and it was very similar, so it won't be suspicious if I do it here."

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 26, 2015, 11:46:17 am »

Well I also haven't reread Day 1.  It's possible my opinion will change.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 26, 2015, 12:08:31 pm »

Also, your meta-awareness of how you handled a similar situation when you were town in a different game does not to many favors for my impression of you now.  You could have easily been aware of this yesterday when deciding how to treat Awaclus.  "Oh, I did this in my other town game and it was very similar, so it won't be suspicious if I do it here."

So you think that my reasoning was:

"I can totally get away with defending Awaclus now that he is nearly lynched, because I did an arguably similar thing in a 10 month old game that shares three players with this game, one of them being quite active!"

No, I was just interested in what people thought about the whole "let's lynch him D2" thing, because it confused people in that other game.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 26, 2015, 12:28:38 pm »

I don't really think the meta-awarness makes you scummy.

But I do think "let's lynch him Day 2" is incredibly scummy, it was really bugging me on Day 1 and through the night.  Saying we'll lynch someone Day 2 instead gives a lot of chance for town to fail to commit, not want to jump into anything too soon and stumble around into mislynching a townie instead.  It's not just some slim hope for putting off the lynch a day to save him for more than a day, it's a reasonably good one.  And even if it doesn't work, it gets a low-information mislynch out of the way now rather than having to secure one in the future.

I'm not sure what others think, but my reasoning is that you were at work, not able to keep up with things and because of this didn't think your defense of Awaclus through the way you would have liked to.  I like to play online chess, and I have a bad habit of suddenly playing stupid and hanging a piece when under time pressure and distracted by work or other things.

I think you realized that your defense was not going to make you look good after posting it, but that it was a mistake made in a hurry.  And I think it's a mistake much more likely to come from scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 26, 2015, 12:31:45 pm »

"I can totally get away with defending Awaclus now that he is nearly lynched, because I did an arguably similar thing in a 10 month old game that shares three players with this game, one of them being quite active!"

No, I was just interested in what people thought about the whole "let's lynch him D2" thing, because it confused people in that other game.

I feel that the fact that you brought up your play in the other game is undermining your point a little here.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 26, 2015, 12:44:53 pm »

I feel that the fact that you brought up your play in the other game is undermining your point a little here.

Well, you did react the exact opposite way than the previous time, and I was curious.

But I do think "let's lynch him Day 2" is incredibly scummy, it was really bugging me on Day 1 and through the night.  Saying we'll lynch someone Day 2 instead gives a lot of chance for town to fail to commit, not want to jump into anything too soon and stumble around into mislynching a townie instead.  It's not just some slim hope for putting off the lynch a day to save him for more than a day, it's a reasonably good one.  And even if it doesn't work, it gets a low-information mislynch out of the way now rather than having to secure one in the future.

That's a nice explanation, thanks.

I'm not sure what others think, but my reasoning is that you were at work, not able to keep up with things and because of this didn't think your defense of Awaclus through the way you would have liked to.  I like to play online chess, and I have a bad habit of suddenly playing stupid and hanging a piece when under time pressure and distracted by work or other things.

So we agree that the fact that I made a bad defense of Awaclus is a consequence of being at work, not a consequence of alignment?

I think you realized that your defense was not going to make you look good after posting it, but that it was a mistake made in a hurry.  And I think it's a mistake much more likely to come from scum.

That's one way to read it. I gave another explanation already, and repeating it has diminishing returns. People can read it, weight whether it feels genuine or not, or which explanation seems more likely. Then compare to other people and decide who is more likely to be scum.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 26, 2015, 12:50:02 pm »

@pacovf, so whom do you think is scum then?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 26, 2015, 12:57:58 pm »

So we agree that the fact that I made a bad defense of Awaclus is a consequence of being at work, not a consequence of alignment?

We do not.  I absolutely do not question your explanation of what happened in real life.  But I disagree that this says nothing of the mindset you were in when you said it.

Either way, you felt rushed, pressured, wanting to keep the day going and wanting to say something about that.  I agree that that's true of you either alignment.  But what you said and the thought process that arrives at that point I think is absolutely alignment indicative.  Reading that is the tricky part.  But my read is that you were coming at this from the point of view of wanting to avoid Awaclus' lynch or put it off if you could.  Not that you wanted to delay the lynching for scumhunting reasons, but that you wanted to avert the lynch.  And I think you approach your frustration that way if you are scumbuddies with Awaclus.

And yeah, no need to reiterate what you already said, I'm only still going back and forth with you because I'm worried I'm being unclear.  I don't want this to be a back-and-forth for 10 pages either.  I want to know what others think.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 26, 2015, 02:25:24 pm »

Hey Pavlov  ;D,

In your first game, Mail-mi was lurking scum on Day 1.  You seemed the most commited to lynching Mail-mi here.  You were opposed to a lurker lynch, but liked your case on Mail-mi.

Could you talk about how that first game influenced you here, if at all.  (Maybe it didn't, I don't know, but I'd like your thoughts on this.)  Do you think things Mail-mi did there contributed to your read here?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 26, 2015, 02:48:24 pm »

Hey Pavlov  ;D,

*bellringing*

In your first game, Mail-mi was lurking scum on Day 1.  You seemed the most commited to lynching Mail-mi here.  You were opposed to a lurker lynch, but liked your case on Mail-mi.

Could you talk about how that first game influenced you here, if at all.  (Maybe it didn't, I don't know, but I'd like your thoughts on this.)  Do you think things Mail-mi did there contributed to your read here?

Hum, in that game, TwistedArcher was suspicious of mail-mi over very little, and he turned out to be right. I think I recognize the same sort of thing TA noticed in that game. Teproc says I am just recognizing mail-mi's play style, but well, I disagree.

In any case, I have to reread what happened in D1. Especially Awaclus's wagon.

@pacovf, so whom do you think is scum then?

Right now, I prefer a mail-mi lynch over a skip lynch if off-wagon, and I prefer an ADK or Seprix lynch over chairs if on-wagon. I don't think I want to lynch UoS, Teproc or WW.

This is subject to change after the famed reread.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 26, 2015, 04:04:41 pm »

...(numerous weird things)...

In this "Law of Mafia Average", does it matter whether the wagon was on scum or town?

Oh, it has to be scum lynch. I forgot that prerequisite. I've played enough games as scum to think in this way, and I've seen this trend enough times to where I think it's a thing I can legitimately call up. UoS says this is already a thing people have noticed, which makes me even happier, because I figured it out on my own.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 26, 2015, 04:08:40 pm »

Yep, Teproc is right pacovf. You're just recognizing my playstyle . I'm more of an observer, so I try to post but I don't usually have much to say. Also I've been busy.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: June 26, 2015, 04:37:38 pm »

Yep, Teproc is right pacovf. You're just recognizing my playstyle . I'm more of an observer, so I try to post but I don't usually have much to say. Also I've been busy.

I kind of feel like pulling my hair out here.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 26, 2015, 09:19:32 pm »

Re : mail-mi. I'll admit that I'm just terrible at reading mail-mi, so I'm by no means an authority on the subject, but while I can respect atht you do see something different here, I don't.

Re : your proposal to lynch Awaclus on day 2. UoS summed it up pretty well : not only is it an empty promise, as numerous things will happen between now and then, it's also setting up automatic lynches, which does horrible things to rereads and interactions.

To everyone : you should absolutely reread day 1, or at least any post with the word "Awaclus" in it. Anything that happened on day 1 is more important than anything happening later (except claims I guess).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 26, 2015, 09:21:47 pm »

To elaborate on the "let's lynch Awaclus day 2" thing : it's totally something a scumpartner would do. Because it shows your commitment to lynching him without actually requiring you to do it. Yes you would have had to push for his lynch on day 2, but it might not have happened because, well, it's a different day, there's a day 1 lynch to analyse, possible night actions results etc. So it lets you appear as if you're totally down with lynching the scum, while maybe getting a chance to save him.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 26, 2015, 11:25:48 pm »

WHAT TIME IS IT?

REREADING TIME

Pardon me if I am a bit worried. I have 4 people voting for me

That's convenient, I was about to ask how many votes you have, but it seems like I don't have to do that now.

Vote: Seprix

Awaclus second post. This is really, really bold if Seprix is scum.

Suppose you couldn't lynch WW and were forced to pick someone else. Who would that be?

My first instinct is skip, but I don't like lynching newbies on their first day, so I'd go with Awaclus. Completely under the radar, hasn't said anything of substance I can remember, and I do seem to recall that scum!Awaclus tends to be in the background, though I'd have to check.

First time someone mentions Awaclus accusatively. Teproc was pretty consistently on Awaclus, although he did prefer a WW lynch for most of the day and took a while to actually vote for Awaclus.

Awaclus and WW, you guys haven't weighed in on the Mail-mi wagon.  What do you think of it?

Not a huge fan of it, but I could do it if there's nothing better. I think it's better than WW at least.

Interesting. Not sure what to think of this.

Okay then let's see.

Vote: Awaclus

Second vote on Awaclus, after Hydrad's placeholder vote. I think this looks pretty good for WW.

Comes at a time of low activity, when the viable lynches were mail-mi and WW.

Would scum!awaclus be this uninterested in this game? (Or do we think he's pretending to be uninterested?)

After fourth vote on Awaclus. This looks a little bit bad.

Okay then let's see.

WW seems to like pursuing "safe" lynches. I'm moving back to liking a WW lynch.
Doesn't look like it. vote: WW
Why is Awaclus a safe lynch?
He's a lurker.

Same, Awaclus has 4 votes on him, WW only one (Teproc).

It's not an easy lynch if there's resistance!

Still a safe vote. Scum cares less about pushing mislynches super hard than about appearing active and towny.

So what's an unsafe vote?

L-1?

Only two more votes to get Awaclus to L-1! Look!  It's unsafe, and therefore unequivocally townie!
Yeah, not defending Awaclus here. I was saying voting someone when they're L-1 is an unsafe vote. :p
In other news, Awaclus has a quickly growing wagon; neglects to respond.  More at 11.

Perhaps he is not online at the moment.

Or the last couple days of moments.

Yes, that seems to be a problem.

I shouldn't be online right now. I'm in college, writing a paper before class. :p

This looks bad for Seprix. He is trying to defend Awaclus in the most inconspicuous way.

Can we just vote: awaclus and get rolling? I want to see what N1's NK will be already so we can work with it D2.

L-2. This is pretty nuts if chairs is scum. It makes him look pretty bad right then and Awaclus wasn't yet guaranteed to get lynched. Although he does switch his vote quickly to Seprix in quite a flimsy way, after Teproc's reread.

Awaclus I kind of want to policy lynch because if he's town then he's not being helpful. But again, it's the easy day one lynch, and I still like lynching WW more.

PPE: I'm pretty sure I've seen Awaclus as lurky scum. Wasn't he scum in flavorless?

The first part of this post is just horribly scummy; Awaclus had 4 votes on him at that point. The second part is weird for scum!ADK though. I would expect him to move to Seprix, if anything (although I guess they could be scumpartners). Mmm...

vote: Awaclus

L-1 I think. Wait no, chairs switched so it's only L-2.

It takes altogether too long for Teproc to vote for Awaclus, considering his previous posts about him, but I am still willing to give town points. He reread a town and a scum game, noticed that it could go both ways, and decided to vote for Awaclus anyway.

This quote from RMM 24 caught my eye (he was town there.)
- can you explain exactly what it is from your scum meta which you fail to replicate as town? I've heard you saying that you're easily found at as scum a bunch of times, but never understood why.
2) Well, I don't particularly try to replicate my scum meta when I'm town.  :P Anyway, I always feel enormous pressure to make sense and explain everything as scum. Even in Blarnia Mafia where I somehow got away with it, I explained all of my votes and reads unless the reasons were very clear without an explanation. I obviously do not feel any pressure to explain anything at all when I'm town.

When I read this, I got to thinking: he seems hyper aware of this, and in this game it looks to me (and this is where I need input from people who've actually played with him a bunch rather than skimmed some games) that he's been explaining and defending himself even less than usual.

I'm postulating that he's overcompensating for his known scumtell.

Thoughts?

PPE: 4

This comes right after Teproc's vote (but there's a PPE). This is also pretty much getting Awaclus in the coffin. This, together with today's level of activity (unnecessary if he is scum) pretty much guarantees that UoS is town.

I think it's pretty likely, actually. I can hammer if you'd like, I'm down for an Awaclus lynch.

Man, Awaclus-Seprix interactions just keep going back and forth. Awaclus was down at 4 votes, but I am not sure Seprix was following that closely, he probably thought he would actually be hammering. Could be done just for the towncred though.

Awaclus isn't a terrible lynch but he's not my favorite.
He tends to be pretty passive regardless of alignment. Which is a bad way to play but unfortunately doesn't indicate much about his alignment here.
He tends to be pretty passive regardless of alignment. Which is a bad way to play but unfortunately doesn't indicate much about his alignment here.

So you think his play here is no more or less passive than his other games?

He's maybe more passive here than usual. As I said, he's certainly not the worst lynch. I'm still holding out for WW a little, though.

Again! He even specifically attacks the basis of the case on Awaclus! Then he drops it when pressured.

Unrelated, the more tight-lipped Awaclus gets/feels, the more I want to lynch him. This feels a lot like how I reacted to suspicion in D1 of HP Mafia.

Still hovering at 4 votes, and chairs once again puts pressure on Awaclus. Yeah, I don't think I want to lynch chairs. Not today, anyway.

Man, I think it's great that Awaclus was at 4 votes for so long. It's that point where it can go both ways, so vote switching is really informative.

Again, am I going to lynch or not? It's looking worse and worse for Awaclus.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I proudly present, Seprix. Right after final-nail-on-the-coffin UoS's case.

Again, I haven't had the time to reread Awaclus, but while UoS is really persuasive, the case against Awaclus is still just that he is lurking. Lurker lynches are bad in D1, because if he flips town, we have next to nothing. I would totally be for an Awaclus lynch for D2 (assuming nothing better comes up from the flips), because he has earned it many times over, but I don't think I want to lynch him today.

Just for the record, here is my defense, with Awaclus at 5 votes and Seprix asking to hammer.

Wow yeah I could definitely lynch awaclus today. Scum read is skyrocketing.

After Awaclus just starts sprouting nonsense.

VT.

Well, I'm ending this facade. :/

vote: Awaclus

Yeah, ok, whatever. Seprix really waited until the last possible moment to vote for Awaclus.

Yeah, intent to hammer. We're still pretty early so I'll give people a chance to jump in and give last thoughts but anyone who states intent to play anti-town should be lynched as a matter of course. And awaclus is way too self-aware here for my liking.

Same here.

Didn't Hydrad start this whole thing by throwing his vote on Awaclus as a placeholder?

Frankly, at this point this is reaching too-scummy-to-be-scum levels.

I don't think scum!Awaclus means town!WW. I do think town!Awaclus heavily implies scum!WW.

Weeeeeird.

And, you know, what are your reads in general ? On the off chance that you're Morgrim!Awaclus, give us that at least.

Awaclus - obvtown
Teproc - towny
Hydrad - null
Joseph - Innocent Child
Witherweaver - slightly suspicious
skip wooznum - null
A Drowned Kernel - slightly suspicious
Seprix - scummy
mail-mi - null
UmbrageOfSnow - towny
chairs - scummy
pacovf - towny

This is absurd. @Awaclus, you dont want to tell us why you think chairs is scum. Can you tell us why you don't want to tell us why you think chairs is scum?

Well, besides getting lynched for the scum tell, there's also the reason that I think people's reactions when they're being voted without an explanation outside of RVS can be extremely valuable. It's not working now because nobody's taking it my vote seriously so chairs isn't probably feeling a lot of pressure from it, but it has worked in the past. Also, later in the game, it can be beneficial for making NKs more difficult for scum — they don't know what's the reason why I'm voting for them or how convinced I actually am, and sometimes that information could be very important.
are there any reasons that don't assume your survival through day 1?

I actually like this post! I don't think newbie!scum!skip writes this.

Oh I thought Seprix's vote was the hammer for some reason. I'm fine with vote: awaclus, people have said what they need to.

His previous post was intent to hammer, after Seprix's vote. I think this could be a thinly disguised "let's just cut conversation here, we've lost enough already".

And of course, not a single post by mail-mi anywhere near this.

Woooooooo that was long. Off to read WW's wagon, I think there is a very good chance he is town, so it should be informative. I will give my reads and vote after that.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 26, 2015, 11:49:02 pm »

Not lynching Pacovf today. I liked that analysis. And ADK is now definitely my top lynch choice behind Skip.

Already told you why.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 27, 2015, 12:04:25 am »

That was a very nice novel, Pacovf. :)
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 27, 2015, 12:12:01 am »

Vote: WW

because I want to see him lynched day 1 once.

First vote on WW, whatever.

obviously there is also a town narrative, I wasn't claiming otherwise. But I can totally see scum feeling like they have to justify an rvs, or planning an rvs on someone they can easily 'find scummy'

It's weird that you think that's a justification.

It's much weirder that Wither agreed with you and strengthened it to "something only scum do" especially without actually voting for me.

Vote: Witherweaver

First real vote on WW. Again, whatever, UoS is not scum.

It's weird that you think that's a justification.

It's much weirder that Wither agreed with you and strengthened it to "something only scum do" especially without actually voting for me.

Vote: Witherweaver

You know nothing, UmbrageOfSnow.

vote: Witherweaver

There's a reason I quoted WW, not skip, when questioning the "justifying an RVS vote" reasoning. He's encouraging suspicion based on dubious reasons without actually taking part... and when confronted, has nothing to say about it. Perhaps hoping we'd just move on ? I won't, town!WW is more engaged than this, and wouldn't only post the jokey response. He would do that and follow it up with an actual post of significance. Here his only post of significance is "yeah, that thing is totally scummy, you go ahead and lynch that guy".

Third vote on WW. At the time, the only other "wagon" was mail-mi, at 2 votes.

Vote: WW
I fail to see how Teproc's post was "a short novel", nor why attempting to justify a vote is scummy, nor how being the second person to vote for someone is "jumping in on a wagon". To me it looks like you're trying to disarm your wagon and discredit people who are voting for you.

4th vote. Right before this, ADK had been going pretty hard against skip, but was alone voting for him. Here he is adding new arguments against WW.

I fail to see how Teproc's post was "a short novel", nor why attempting to justify a vote is scummy, nor how being the second person to vote for someone is "jumping in on a wagon". To me it looks like you're trying to disarm your wagon and discredit people who are voting for you.
I agree with ADK here. Vote: WW.

5th vote.

Reply to Pacovf because I'm on my phone currently: WW seems genuine to me right now. Yes, I know that's not a 'great' reason. But I don't think he's scum right now.

I should do a reads thing soon though, because besides Mail-Mi, no one else is potentially scum, and we have two other guys thus far.

Seprix is the first person to defend WW, and he doesn't even have an alternative wagon. He does vote mail-mi after this.

[Fight between Teproc and WW here]

Is it just me or does this ww/teproc fight seem a tad scum vs. scum?

If we assume that WW (and Teproc) are town, this doesn't look so good, but meh, I just think skip fits a town narrative so much better.

I just can't even right now.

vote: ww. I feel like this is going to be like the early Joseph games, where if we don't lynch you we just keep going back to "ought we?" and you're as good a choice as any D1 in my mind.
I did know it was L-1.

I appreciate all the reactions.

vote: Teproc.  Sorry to worry you, WW, I just wanted to see what Teproc would do to an unannounced L-1 :)

The famous and famed unannounced one-two punch of L-1 and Teproc bounce. This is horribly anti-town (somebody could have derphammered, and the "trap" was basically unavoidable). Considering the rest of chairs's game, I am willing to attribute this to eager chairs, but it's definitely something to keep in mind.

At L-1, were voting for WW: Hydrad, UoS, Teproc, ADK, Joseph, Chairs. Teproc and I quickly point out that it is L-1, so it's not like scum could get away with a derphammer, and unfortunately chairs doesn't stay long enough there for scum to feel like announcing intent to hammer either, so I don't think we can get all that much from this :/ Anyway, weren't on the wagon Awaclus, mail-mi, skip, Seprix and pacovf. Of those, only mail-mi seemed ok with a WW lynch.

I don't want to lynch ww this early and I dont like how chairs joined this wagon

I count this as a defense of WW. He does some other arguably weak defenses later.

I have been lurking indeed; yesterday was busy. I should be on more today to answer any questions.

No that was not a hedge defense of skip, I just wanted to see what ADK's reasoning is.

I think Teproc and WW are of the same alignment. Whether that's town or scum, I don't know.
And for what it's worth, if only one of Teproc/WW is scum, i think it would be Teproc, for the same reason as chairs.

Also, I think chairs is town and won't lynch him today.

Ah, these two posts again. In retrospect, they don't look as bad if we assume that WW is town. Actually, for it to look bad, both mail-mi and one of Teproc/WW would have to be scum, and that seems soooooo unlikely right now.

Is it just me or does this ww/teproc fight seem a tad scum vs. scum?

The only way to know for sure is to lynch one of them.

Heh. This looks really, really bad today.

Mmm I think I could go back to vote: skip

...and suddenly he goes back to skip? What the hell? Sure, WW has been hovering at 5 votes for a while, but still, and skip didn't really look all that lynchable.

ADK : what's your read on WW ?
Mmm I'm considering. Are you maintaining your position that he's scummy?
Yes. He's my preferred lynch for today, by a mile.
Suppose you couldn't lynch WW and were forced to pick someone else. Who would that be?

This is kinda defending WW without defending him? This doesn't mesh all that well with scum!ADK.

The whole WW thing: when rereading, I think he is genuine. While his original comment was sort of weird, I like the answer he gave when asked to explain his thought process about skip's original post, I think it is very towny. I don't agree with his vote on Teproc though, it just feels like Teproc being Teproc.

Oh hey I do defend WW at some point. He was sitting at 4 votes then, with a couple of extra votes floating around (ADK, chairs).

Ok I changed my mind. Even though I want to see WW lynched day 1 sometime I don't think this is the right game for it.

I havn't thought to much about mail-mi for some reason.

everyone seems to say hes scummy but I'm not sure if I just haven't been paying enough attention or not but it hasn't stuck out to me much yet.

Vote: awaclus for now. more of a placeholder vote.

After this post, the wagon on WW basically disintegrates, and he isn't mentioned again.

Mmmmm... I was hoping to get something more out of this, meh. Final thoughts coming in a bit.

PPE 2

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 27, 2015, 12:14:01 am »

Already told you why.

Yeah, I know. I am just mentioning you because otherwise we would forget you exist, and go on our merry way lynching other people.

That was a very nice novel, Pacovf. :)

Yikes, you are right that it is very long. Short version coming soon.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 27, 2015, 12:16:46 am »

More info is good, though. :T

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 27, 2015, 12:21:49 am »

So, from the Awaclus lynch, ADK and Seprix look absolutely horrible. UoS is guaranteed town, WW is very likely to be town too, and Teproc and chairs look pretty good (the former for inciting an Awaclus lynch, but unfortunately only voting very late; the latter for decisive votes, the first of which being quite weird).

From the WW wagon, ADK and chairs look bad, and I don't think anyone looks particularly good.

Then there's mail-mi, who has been completely absent from this game. I don't think I can say I have a case on him anymore, but I could be ok with a lurker!mail-mi lynch later on (thank God, now when people will accuse me of inciting a lurker-lynch, they will be right!). Skip Wooznum just fits a town playstyle too well for me to want to lynch him with the weak evidence against him.

Awaclus made a pretty ballsy vote on Seprix back when he had a wagon on him, so considering both wagons, and between ADK and Seprix, I definitely prefer vote: ADK.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 20 queries.