Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126131 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #575 on: June 23, 2015, 05:07:04 pm »

Again, am I going to lynch or not? It's looking worse and worse for Awaclus.

He only has 4/7 votes on him, you may as well put him at L-2.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 23, 2015, 05:07:51 pm »

make that 5/7.

vote: awaclus.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 23, 2015, 05:10:39 pm »

L-1 is fun, but let's not hammer him until we get a response from Hydrad.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 23, 2015, 05:14:15 pm »

So Seprix go ahead and vote, and I think 100% we ought to be lynching Awaclus, he appears to have given up.  But Hydrad should have to own his vote.  No "Oh, I meant to move it and you guys lynched him too fast for me" on Day 2.

And for the record I'm all for lynching Awaclus through any PR claim that isn't Mason or Universal Backup.  In the case of either of those we should look for counterclaims, but otherwise it just risks outing a PR and the Universal Backup can inherit a town!Awaclus PR anyway (unlikely as I think that to be.)

That, and counterclaiming other PRs is pointless in this setup unless we mass claim, which is terrible right now.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Vote Count
« Reply #579 on: June 23, 2015, 05:14:33 pm »

Vote Count 1.8

Awaclus (5): Hydrad, Witherweaver, UmbrageOfSnow, Teproc, chairs
Witherweaver (1): A Drowned Kernel
Teproc (1): mail-mi
mail-mi (1): pacovf
chairs (3): Seprix, Awaclus, Joseph2302

Not Voting (1): skip wooznum

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Jun 28, 3 PM Forum Time.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 23, 2015, 05:15:48 pm »

Again, I haven't had the time to reread Awaclus, but while UoS is really persuasive, the case against Awaclus is still just that he is lurking. Lurker lynches are bad in D1, because if he flips town, we have next to nothing. I would totally be for an Awaclus lynch for D2 (assuming nothing better comes up from the flips), because he has earned it many times over, but I don't think I want to lynch him today.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 23, 2015, 05:17:35 pm »

Again, I haven't had the time to reread Awaclus, but while UoS is really persuasive, the case against Awaclus is still just that he is lurking. Lurker lynches are bad in D1, because if he flips town, we have next to nothing. I would totally be for an Awaclus lynch for D2 (assuming nothing better comes up from the flips), because he has earned it many times over, but I don't think I want to lynch him today.

Feel free to take those 30 seconds now.

Actually, I think Awaclus is trying hard to be stubborn and unhelpful because that's his town meta.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 23, 2015, 05:19:10 pm »

My case is not about lurking!

It's about meta!

And we have more interactions with Awaclus than we do with Mail-mi, which is where your vote is parked right now.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 23, 2015, 05:19:25 pm »

I don't quite buy that this argument is any less applicable on Day 2.  Can just cycle 1->2->3 here and it remains the same.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 23, 2015, 05:20:22 pm »

My case is not about lurking!

It's about meta!

And we have more interactions with Awaclus than we do with Mail-mi, which is where your vote is parked right now.

Also, Mail-Mi is lurking as well.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 23, 2015, 05:21:32 pm »

Your vote sitting on mail-mi is somewhat undercutting your point here.

Also Awaclus is not just lurking, he's deliberately playing anti-town (see his consistent refusal to say anything of substance about anything). If he's town, I have no idea what he's doing.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #586 on: June 23, 2015, 05:22:29 pm »

You've said chairs is scum multiple times.  Make your case.

The case is that he's scum.

Okay I think this bears repeating one more time and then I'm shutting up about it.

If you are town, you are giving scum a free mislynch.  That is bad for town.  After you flip, you are giving town nothing to look at to get your scumreads lynched tomorrow (and I promise I look at dead players' words).  This is bad for town assuming you have any reads at all.  Stop doing  things to help the other team win.

It's also good for you if you're scum because you don't say much that could allow us to draw many associations with your partners now that you suspect you're getting lynched.

So I don't think you're really so committed to helping the other team win. I think you are scum, and this is you doubling down on your strategy to not get lynched.  I don't even really think that's best play from scum, but I think it makes sense from a scum mindset.  You don't think I'm budging, so you're going for an appeal to audacity hoping the rest of town won't lynch you if you're just. that. unbelievably. stubborn.

And if I made the case, you'd lynch me because that's a scum tell.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #587 on: June 23, 2015, 05:23:05 pm »

I'm also not giving scum a free mislynch because we're not lynching me today.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 23, 2015, 05:23:43 pm »

???

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #589 on: June 23, 2015, 05:23:58 pm »

Also Awaclus is not just lurking, he's deliberately playing anti-town (see his consistent refusal to say anything of substance about anything).

No, that's deliberately playing anti-scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #590 on: June 23, 2015, 05:24:44 pm »

???

You've been reading my past games, you should know that I have never ever made a single case on anyone as town, but I do feel enormous pressure to justify my votes as scum.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 23, 2015, 05:26:28 pm »

???

You've been reading my past games, you should know that I have never ever made a single case on anyone as town, but I do feel enormous pressure to justify my votes as scum.

So... that means you'll never, ever make a case as town ? Enjoy the mislynches man.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #592 on: June 23, 2015, 05:26:54 pm »

Actually, I think Awaclus is trying hard to be stubborn and unhelpful because that's his town meta.

It's true that trying hard to be stubborn and unhelpful is my town meta. Thanks for bringing that up for me.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 23, 2015, 05:27:17 pm »

Wow yeah I could definitely lynch awaclus today. Scum read is skyrocketing.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 23, 2015, 05:28:16 pm »

If you're going to claim, go ahead. I mean you're free to wait L-1 and intent to hammer, but at this point it's a formality.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #595 on: June 23, 2015, 05:28:49 pm »

So... that means you'll never, ever make a case as town ? Enjoy the mislynches man.

Some day I'll probably make a case if I have a guilty investigative result on someone.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #596 on: June 23, 2015, 05:28:57 pm »

If you're going to claim, go ahead. I mean you're free to wait L-1 and intent to hammer, but at this point it's a formality.

VT.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #597 on: June 23, 2015, 05:30:20 pm »

Wow yeah I could definitely lynch awaclus today. Scum read is skyrocketing.

Why did the scum read skyrocket as soon as I started actually being towny?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 23, 2015, 05:30:52 pm »

Why am I surprised that this makes no sense ? I should expect that by now.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 23, 2015, 05:31:35 pm »

Well, I'm ending this facade. :/

vote: Awaclus
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 51  All

Page created in 2.312 seconds with 20 queries.