Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126132 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #550 on: June 23, 2015, 03:10:29 pm »

He tends to be pretty passive regardless of alignment. Which is a bad way to play but unfortunately doesn't indicate much about his alignment here.

I don't tend to be passive.

So it's only when you're trying to avoid your normal scumtells?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 23, 2015, 03:13:46 pm »

As (arguably) the leader of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, I think it's only fair to treat me as an IC.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 23, 2015, 03:14:13 pm »

Ugh, I thought the bold would make it more readable. It did not.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 23, 2015, 03:17:11 pm »

Chairs, talk to me about Awalcus.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 23, 2015, 03:21:54 pm »

He feels... reserved? I think reserved is the word I want. Mafia's more fun if you just cut loose and say what you want and don't think too hard about your posts. Less Rarity, more Pinkie Pie!

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 23, 2015, 03:27:56 pm »

Deliberately trying to be scummy is not pro-town.

If you are town, trying to be scummy allows scum to set up an easy mislynch, and it distracts players who would like to win from more productive scumhunting.

I'm not going to be buying "too scummy to be scum" this game, no matter how much setup it has.  Play like this sets scum up to have a much easier game.  It could be coming from scum, or bad town, but either way it hurts town.  Scum should not be allowed to get away with being this openly anti-town.  Town should care about trying to win the game.

I'm reducing the list of people I'm willing to lynch today to Chairs, Awalcus, and WW.  Any other lurker has the potential to actually help us, but I think we're legitimately better off without Awalcus or Chairs even if they are town if this is how they are going to play.

I would dayvig them both if I could.

PPE: More than normal?  And I'm sorry, but I don't fell like partying when there's work to be done.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 23, 2015, 03:32:16 pm »

I don't want to lynch Chairs today.  I wouldn't say I have a townread on him, but he's far more active than usual, and I want to see where it goes.  I'd reconsider him on later days.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 23, 2015, 03:32:22 pm »

If order of lynches didn't matter and we could just instantly kill everyone who refused to commit to a stance on anything, I am sure we would win.  But we'd also kill 2/3 of town.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 23, 2015, 03:40:03 pm »

He tends to be pretty passive regardless of alignment. Which is a bad way to play but unfortunately doesn't indicate much about his alignment here.

So you think his play here is no more or less passive than his other games?

He's maybe more passive here than usual. As I said, he's certainly not the worst lynch. I'm still holding out for WW a little, though.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 23, 2015, 03:42:39 pm »

If you are town, trying to be scummy allows scum to set up an easy mislynch, and it distracts players who would like to win from more productive scumhunting.

I'm not going to be buying "too scummy to be scum" this game, no matter how much setup it has.  Play like this sets scum up to have a much easier game.  It could be coming from scum, or bad town, but either way it hurts town.  Scum should not be allowed to get away with being this openly anti-town.  Town should care about trying to win the game.

I'm reducing the list of people I'm willing to lynch today to Chairs, Awalcus, and WW.  Any other lurker has the potential to actually help us, but I think we're legitimately better off without Awalcus or Chairs even if they are town if this is how they are going to play.

PPE: More than normal?  And I'm sorry, but I don't fell like partying when there's work to be done.

More than normal. And if you're going to win, you've got to do this:

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #560 on: June 23, 2015, 03:43:20 pm »

I don't tend to be passive.

So it's only when you're trying to avoid your normal scumtells?

No, I'm always super active as scum and it's always easy to tell that I'm scum.

I'm deliberately trying to be towny.

Less than normal if anything.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 23, 2015, 03:48:53 pm »

Less than normal if anything.

So you're being less passive than normal?

It seems like you're just disagreeing with what is said against you without bothering to either actually defend the point or even read it, since you're contradicting yourself needlessly.  This is what I mean by saying I think you are trying to be more uninvolved and less wordy and defensive than normal, over-correcting for your previous scumtells.

Why don't you explain why I should vote for chairs over you, even if it's obvious (I'm certainly open to it.)

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 23, 2015, 03:56:05 pm »

Ye unvote. I dig UoS's current play. It apparently takes real determination to get anything out of awaclus and he's showing no signs of giving up

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #563 on: June 23, 2015, 04:11:28 pm »

So you're being less passive than normal?

It seems like you're just disagreeing with what is said against you without bothering to either actually defend the point or even read it, since you're contradicting yourself needlessly.  This is what I mean by saying I think you are trying to be more uninvolved and less wordy and defensive than normal, over-correcting for your previous scumtells.

Why don't you explain why I should vote for chairs over you, even if it's obvious (I'm certainly open to it.)

No, less reserved. I'm not contradicting myself. I'm always trying to say what needs to be said as briefly as possible, regardless of what I'm writing (you can check my post history if you want to confirm this; the majority of them are oneliners). I'm being super defensive here and it is a town tell.

You should vote for anyone over me because I'm obviously town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 23, 2015, 04:15:47 pm »

You've said chairs is scum multiple times.  Make your case.

As briefly as possible as one thing, but brief to the point of non-existence and you're going to eat rope.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 23, 2015, 04:22:37 pm »

@Mail-mi, Teproc is not happening today.  Read up and get your vote on someone relevant.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 23, 2015, 04:35:07 pm »

@Hydrad: I have to go soon and you seem to be on more when I'm gone, but when you come on tonight could you please talk about Awaclus?

1) Do you think he's being more or less defensive than normal?

2) Do you think he's being more or less lurky than normal?

3) Do you think he's being more or less reserved than normal?

4) What do you think of his response to pressure today?

5) Is your vote on him still a placeholder vote?

6) What do you think about Awaclus' interaction with Chairs?

7) If you agree with me that he's being more X than normal, what do you think of my idea that this is overcompensating for the scumtells he's been so happy to point out about himself in most of his games?

8) What do you think of his town tell?

9) What do you think of him pointing it out.

Sorry for the giant list of questions here, but I want to get your position nailed down before we lynch Awaclus, I want to lynch Awaclus, and I don't want to spend 3 days going back and forth on this stuff if we're not both on at once, which seems reasonably likely.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 23, 2015, 04:36:23 pm »

Sunglasses unintentional there, but it's cracking me up for some reason.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 23, 2015, 04:44:10 pm »

I find UmbrageOfSnow's avatar to be fitting.  I hope he's writing everything down.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 23, 2015, 04:48:25 pm »

I'm only on post 6 in my personal QT discussing my thoughts/feelings about this game. I'm probably not keeping track of enough things there.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: June 23, 2015, 04:49:23 pm »

Unrelated, the more tight-lipped Awaclus gets/feels, the more I want to lynch him. This feels a lot like how I reacted to suspicion in D1 of HP Mafia.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #571 on: June 23, 2015, 04:55:41 pm »

The case is that he's scum.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 23, 2015, 04:56:25 pm »

I find UmbrageOfSnow's avatar to be fitting.  I hope he's writing everything down.

You would not believe the number of lists and scribbles I've made on napkins.  Or maybe you would.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 23, 2015, 05:02:56 pm »

The case is that he's scum.

Okay I think this bears repeating one more time and then I'm shutting up about it.

If you are town, you are giving scum a free mislynch.  That is bad for town.  After you flip, you are giving town nothing to look at to get your scumreads lynched tomorrow (and I promise I look at dead players' words).  This is bad for town assuming you have any reads at all.  Stop doing  things to help the other team win.

It's also good for you if you're scum because you don't say much that could allow us to draw many associations with your partners now that you suspect you're getting lynched.

So I don't think you're really so committed to helping the other team win. I think you are scum, and this is you doubling down on your strategy to not get lynched.  I don't even really think that's best play from scum, but I think it makes sense from a scum mindset.  You don't think I'm budging, so you're going for an appeal to audacity hoping the rest of town won't lynch you if you're just. that. unbelievably. stubborn.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 23, 2015, 05:05:49 pm »

Again, am I going to lynch or not? It's looking worse and worse for Awaclus.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51  All

Page created in 2.335 seconds with 20 queries.