Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126192 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #525 on: June 23, 2015, 01:11:53 pm »

Since we're doing the would-not-lynch list thing, mine is woefully short:

Teproc, pacovf.

With this level of engagement it would be very easy for scum to lead town around into mislynches without having to stick their nose out too far.  Chairs and Awalcus' behavior is actively anti-town.  So if you're town, maybe try to be useful or actually commit to something that you can be held to later.  This sort of play as town is great for your scum game, but you're going to be town more often then scum, so if you're town ACT LIKE IT.

Anyway, when I voted Awalcus yesterday, I wasn't actually interested in lynching him.  I think I am now, but I want some input from those of you who have played with him a lot.

I read Awalcus' posts in a bunch of his recent games and skimmed the content around them.  His meta appears to be that he tries harder and defends himself more as scum.  But it still looks to me that he comes in and defends himself as town too.  Yesterday he was posting on site while ignoring his wagon, which he continues to do.

This quote from RMM 24 caught my eye (he was town there.)
- can you explain exactly what it is from your scum meta which you fail to replicate as town? I've heard you saying that you're easily found at as scum a bunch of times, but never understood why.
2) Well, I don't particularly try to replicate my scum meta when I'm town.  :P Anyway, I always feel enormous pressure to make sense and explain everything as scum. Even in Blarnia Mafia where I somehow got away with it, I explained all of my votes and reads unless the reasons were very clear without an explanation. I obviously do not feel any pressure to explain anything at all when I'm town.

When I read this, I got to thinking: he seems hyper aware of this, and in this game it looks to me (and this is where I need input from people who've actually played with him a bunch rather than skimmed some games) that he's been explaining and defending himself even less than usual.

I'm postulating that he's overcompensating for his known scumtell.

Thoughts?

PPE: 4

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 23, 2015, 01:12:36 pm »

Can we just vote: awaclus and get rolling? I want to see what N1's NK will be already so we can work with it D2.
This doesn't seem very good or towny. Vote: chairs , because this is scummier than anything Awaclus has done /not done.
PPE: Lots
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 23, 2015, 01:14:35 pm »

When I read this, I got to thinking: he seems hyper aware of this, and in this game it looks to me (and this is where I need input from people who've actually played with him a bunch rather than skimmed some games) that he's been explaining and defending himself even less than usual.

Thoughts?

I think it's pretty likely, actually. I can hammer if you'd like, I'm down for an Awaclus lynch.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 23, 2015, 01:16:07 pm »

Awaclus in Futuramafia* (VT)

*P.S. : Ash, if you're reading this, the link for Futuramafia in the Stats page goes to Fish Mafia

This is still the "Joseph being scummy" run of games, and Awaclus gets on that wagon early. Tunnels him all day 1, not very active, though more than he his in this current game. Then Joseph claims Tracker, and he switches to Hydrad and defends the idea of leaving Joseph alive to verify his claim. He gets pretty active then, as deadline is nearing.

Then he's not very active the rest of the game, but his posts always have content.

Meh. Neither of these look anything like what he's doing now. So I'm guessing Awaclus is trying something new, and I don't know why he'd do that (or this specific brand of new) as town.
I guess that Awaclus is more active as scum, so possibly this is a town tell.
PPE:1
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 23, 2015, 01:17:15 pm »

Thoughts?

I think it's pretty likely, actually. I can hammer if you'd like, I'm down for an Awaclus lynch.

Definitely do not hammer any time soon.  I think reaching a lynch before the weekend would be nice, but it's Tuesday.  We need reactions and positions from people so we have something to go on tomorrow.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 23, 2015, 01:18:37 pm »

Well, my scum read on Teproc has gone down. 

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 23, 2015, 01:20:42 pm »

Thoughts?

Definitely do not hammer any time soon.  I think reaching a lynch before the weekend would be nice, but it's Tuesday.  We need reactions and positions from people so we have something to go on tomorrow.

Yeah, this. It's not a bad case, but I have to think about it.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 23, 2015, 01:22:14 pm »

Thoughts?

We have lots. There's no rush either, but I'd be fine with us reaching a lynch today as well.

Besides, Awaclus is at L-2. This what the votes look like right now :

Awaclus (5) : Hydrad, WW, UoS, Joseph, Teproc
chairs (3) : Seprix, Awaclus, Joseph
Seprix (1) : chairs
Witherweaver (1): ADK
mail-mi (1) : pacovf
Teproc (1) : mail-mi
UoS (1) : skip

PPE : Right when I unvote you, isn't that nice. This is where I point that if people want to get a WW wagon going, I'd be glad to switch back. I think he and Awaclus have similar chances of flipping scum, but WW is a more productive lynch in terms of interactions.

@pacovf : Fine, but let's not get to deadline, that's never a good idea.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 23, 2015, 01:23:55 pm »

Wait, Joseph's listed twice there, so there are actually only 4 votes on Awaclus.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 23, 2015, 01:24:46 pm »

So I voted Awaclus for two basic reasons:

1) town!Awaclus gets very indignant when he has a wagon on him, and continually talks about how not scum he's been acting.  He hadn't really been involved this game (and as a result hasn't been as frustrating as usual), so I wanted to prompt him into reacting.  Cool that I can just start an unexplained wagon and people vote along.  That's a power I want to abuse.

2) Wanted to push the Teproc/Mail-Mi connection more, well or anyone/Mail-Mi.  I wanted to see how people would react to an alternative wagon to Mail-Mi in case he does turn up scum.

I kind of expected to be swayed away from Awaclus, but he has seemed to put in the minimum amount of effort possible and I'm wondering if he's just trying hard to act as he sees himself when he's town.

PPEs: A few.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 23, 2015, 01:31:42 pm »

We have lots. There's no rush either, but I'd be fine with us reaching a lynch today as well.
I'd be fine with reaching a lynch today, but I really want Hydrad and WW to chime in on what I'm saying about Awaclus first.  Those shouldn't be 0 accountability votes if he flips town.  ADK and Mail-mi commenting on Awaclus would be nice too.

This is where I point that if people want to get a WW wagon going, I'd be glad to switch back. I think he and Awaclus have similar chances of flipping scum, but WW is a more productive lynch in terms of interactions.

@pacovf : Fine, but let's not get to deadline, that's never a good idea.

Seconded and seconded.

But I think getting more comments on a Awaclus vote would make his lynch more informative.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #536 on: June 23, 2015, 01:59:00 pm »

1) town!Awaclus gets very indignant when he has a wagon on him, and continually talks about how not scum he's been acting.

This is true. Usually when I'm town, I have like 29384723984723 town tells that everyone is either not noticing or choosing to ignore on purpose, which is why I have to point them out. In this game, I haven't posted much because a lot of stuff has been going on IRL and other games, and that's why there aren't that many things that I can point out. The only notable thing is that I don't lurk as scum, but there's the problem that I don't usually lurk as town either.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Vote Count
« Reply #537 on: June 23, 2015, 01:59:32 pm »

Vote Count 1.7

Awaclus (4): Hydrad, Witherweaver, UmbrageOfSnow, Teproc
Seprix (1): chairs
Witherweaver (1): A Drowned Kernel
UmbrageOfSnow (1): skip wooznum
Teproc (1): mail-mi
mail-mi (1): pacovf
chairs (3): Seprix, Awaclus, Joseph2302

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Jun 28, 3 PM Forum Time.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:14:04 pm by silverspawn »

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 23, 2015, 02:00:56 pm »

Can we just vote: awaclus and get rolling? I want to see what N1's NK will be already so we can work with it D2.
This doesn't seem very good or towny. Vote: chairs , because this is scummier than anything Awaclus has done /not done.
PPE: Lots

@silver : Joseph voted chairs in this post.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 23, 2015, 02:03:23 pm »

1) town!Awaclus gets very indignant when he has a wagon on him, and continually talks about how not scum he's been acting.

This is true. Usually when I'm town, I have like 29384723984723 town tells that everyone is either not noticing or choosing to ignore on purpose, which is why I have to point them out. In this game, I haven't posted much because a lot of stuff has been going on IRL and other games, and that's why there aren't that many things that I can point out. The only notable thing is that I don't lurk as scum, but there's the problem that I don't usually lurk as town either.

Didn't you point out earlier this game that you do lurk?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: June 23, 2015, 02:04:18 pm »

Hey Awalcus,

Let's say Joe and chairs come back to you and Seprix hammers (or whatever other scenario that leads to you being lynched you think is most probable).

What do you think of the wagon on you?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 23, 2015, 02:14:41 pm »

@silver : Joseph voted chairs in this post.

thanks, fixed.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 23, 2015, 02:19:54 pm »

Awaclus isn't a terrible lynch but he's not my favorite.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #543 on: June 23, 2015, 02:44:53 pm »

Didn't you point out earlier this game that you do lurk?

I do lurk in this game, and I used to lurk in RMMs because I didn't know what was going on, but I don't usually lurk.

Hey Awalcus,

Let's say Joe and chairs come back to you and Seprix hammers (or whatever other scenario that leads to you being lynched you think is most probable).

What do you think of the wagon on you?

I think it looks like people are there to pressure me to post more rather than because they actually want to lynch me, which is pro-town, but not hard to do as scum. Chairs was scummy but he's no longer on my wagon.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 23, 2015, 02:52:15 pm »

I think it looks like people are there to pressure me to post more rather than because they actually want to lynch me, which is pro-town, but not hard to do as scum. Chairs was scummy but he's no longer on my wagon.

Okay, so who's scum off-wagon?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #545 on: June 23, 2015, 02:55:23 pm »

Okay, so who's scum off-wagon?

Chairs.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 23, 2015, 02:57:47 pm »

Awaclus isn't a terrible lynch but he's not my favorite.

You've played with Awaclus a lot, do you think he's been acting even more passive than usual, i.e. with his lack of response to this wagon yesterday?  Or is this normal for him.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 23, 2015, 03:04:21 pm »

He tends to be pretty passive regardless of alignment. Which is a bad way to play but unfortunately doesn't indicate much about his alignment here.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 23, 2015, 03:06:13 pm »

He tends to be pretty passive regardless of alignment. Which is a bad way to play but unfortunately doesn't indicate much about his alignment here.

So you think his play here is no more or less passive than his other games?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #549 on: June 23, 2015, 03:08:27 pm »

I don't tend to be passive.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 51  All

Page created in 2.436 seconds with 20 queries.