Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126143 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #500 on: June 23, 2015, 11:54:55 am »

If you're so against groupthink, why are you voting for the leading wagon ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #501 on: June 23, 2015, 11:56:29 am »

Can we just vote: awaclus and get rolling? I want to perform N1's NK already

Vote: chairs
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 23, 2015, 11:57:10 am »

Why ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #503 on: June 23, 2015, 11:59:57 am »

Why ?

Because he's scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 23, 2015, 12:00:13 pm »

!? Chairs isn't the leading wagon.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 23, 2015, 12:00:58 pm »

Sorry if that was unclear, that was adressed to chairs.

@Awaclus : Do you want to be lynched ?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #506 on: June 23, 2015, 12:01:37 pm »

Not particularly.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 23, 2015, 12:03:18 pm »

Are you saying I'm not going to get my Cutie Mark in scumhunting after all?  :'(

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 23, 2015, 12:04:11 pm »

Awaclus is, which is what the question was about.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 23, 2015, 12:05:04 pm »

Not particularly.

Could you please take the time to explain to us why you think chairs is scum then ?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #510 on: June 23, 2015, 12:14:18 pm »

Not particularly.

Could you please take the time to explain to us why you think chairs is scum then ?

Well, I don't mind explaining it because it should be obvious anyway, but OTOH that also makes the explanation sort of pointless.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 23, 2015, 12:15:23 pm »

Not particularly.

Well, I don't mind explaining it because it should be obvious anyway, but OTOH that also makes the explanation sort of pointless.

I'll take that as a "no". Ok then.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 23, 2015, 12:17:12 pm »

Not particularly.

I wanna hear it!

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 23, 2015, 12:24:33 pm »

This is my reread post. It will be long, rambling, and full of random observations.

UoS was the first to put a serious vote on someone, which merits credit, scum loves to let RVS last forever.

Seprix was being overly dramatic with regards to the early wagon on him. Could be scummy, scum generally gets more scared when they're wagonned since they know they're guilty.

WW being very jokey, but he can be like that as either alignment if memory serves.

Seprix got confused between mail-mi and Hydrad early on. Not really relevant until we gets flips, but something to keep in mind.

My vote on you is no longer random, for example.
this kind of justifying a previous rvs, I don't like.

Again, PPE

I concur; I've actually only ever seen  scum do this, I think.

This is still weird to me. It's really not an argument I expect WW to make, which makes me think he might have agreed with skip to buddy him/have content early.

unvote

Hydrad seems like good old Hydrad.

People are reading too much into this post I think. It reads like mail-mi being mail-mi to me.

I kinda forgot about ADK in this game. Not a good sign, there might be something there, town!ADK is usually much more memorable.

pacovf is doing a solid townie job. No idea what scum!pacovf looks like though, have we gotten that in a normal game yet ?

Still like my WW case at this point. And WW immediately OMGUSed me for it, I thought that had come later. Do you still think I'm scum WW ?

ADK sheeped me immediately on WW with an unexplained vote (though he does elaborate quickly after). Not quite sure what to make of that yet.

Is it just me or does this ww/teproc fight seem a tad scum vs. scum?

Skip is looking much townier on the reread. As someone else pointed out, this is typical paranoid!townie.

chairs L-1 trap... I don't know. These things usually come from town, but scum!chairs is probably capable of it. Leaning town on it, but barely. The problem is that town!chairs apparently does this expecting me to "not push the brakes" which... I have a hard time believing chairs doesn't know that I'm always going to do the "L-1, don't hammer" thing this early in the game. If we hadn't played so many games together, I could see it, but here ? Talked myself into leaning scum on it now.

I've said it before, but I don't like the whole "wagons stagnating/wagons going too fast means X or Y" reasonings. I've seen fast wagons on scum, stagnating wagons on town, I've seen scum teams letting a wagon ramp up on their partner not daring to speak out against it in case it didn't work out and they got lynched against it... those are all things you can really only analyze after a flip, before it's kind of a crapshoot.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 23, 2015, 12:27:23 pm »

Yay a reread post I can get behind!

vote: seprix, you convinced me.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 23, 2015, 12:33:37 pm »

pacovf is doing a solid townie job. No idea what scum!pacovf looks like though, have we gotten that in a normal game yet ?

We haven't gotten scum!pacovf in any game at all (and, spoiler alert, we still won't after this game ;))

I've said it before, but I don't like the whole "wagons stagnating/wagons going too fast means X or Y" reasonings. I've seen fast wagons on scum, stagnating wagons on town, I've seen scum teams letting a wagon ramp up on their partner not daring to speak out against it in case it didn't work out and they got lynched against it... those are all things you can really only analyze after a flip, before it's kind of a crapshoot.

It was more like "no other wagon is actually sprouting". In any case, all else being equal, that has more chances to indicate town than scum. But I see your point.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 23, 2015, 12:34:21 pm »

UoS : Obvtown. Did too much right to be scum, too much scumhunting when there was no need to if he was scum.

pacovf : Townie, very similar to his ASoIaF play.

skip : Townie. UoS' case works on paper but he really fits the enthuasiastic new townie thing.

mail-mi : Slight town.

Awaclus : Incredibly scummy. Maybe too scummy to be scum. I'm going null right now, but I'm off to find an Awaclus scum game to read, hopefully that clarifies things for me. Null in the meantime.

ADK : Slight scum, though I wouldn't be enthusiastic about lynching him today.

Hydrad : Slight scum. Town!Hydrad puts himself out there more than this I think.

Seprix : Scummy, solely based on early overreaction to the wagon. Didn't stand out any way or the other after that.

chairs : Scummy, based on the L-1 "trap" which didn't read genuine on the reread.

WW : Still think he's scum. He's gotten his game back on since he got wagonned, but his early posts still don't read like town!WW to me, he's just been good about doing damage control since then, and it worked. I still can't shake the feeling, don't think I'm tunneling.

Huh, that's a lot of scum reads.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 23, 2015, 12:34:39 pm »

Off to read a scum!Awaclus game. Maybe a town one too, I'm really confused about his play here.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 23, 2015, 12:35:20 pm »

Yay a reread post I can get behind!

vote: seprix, you convinced me.

You just want to get to D2, do you?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 23, 2015, 12:36:51 pm »

Off to read a scum!Awaclus game. Maybe a town one too, I'm really confused about his play here.

I approve.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 23, 2015, 12:40:34 pm »

Any doubts I have had about Teproc are gone. I'd say him and Pacovf are easily leading town.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 23, 2015, 12:56:59 pm »

Awaclus in Mafia Holiday (he was scum with Hydrad and Joseph, setup was asher9++)

Lots of early theory talk and trying to "catch scum" with some kind of flavor thing.

He's actually pretty active, with backed-up votes (including a nice Chainsaw Defense when faust votes for his scumbuddy Joseph), some "thinking aloud" posts and theory talk with Seprix (who was a newbie then).

At some point that day 1 became all about Joseph, who was in his run of incredibly scummy games as scum. Awaclus tries his best to go for alternative lynches as they come up (I count at least four of them), though he's never full-on defending Joseph it seems.

And then Joseph gets lynched and Awaclus is left to try to survive after very obviously behaving like Joseph's partner on day 1. He's lynched on day 3.

So that was a game that went very poorly for scum, but the big thing here is that Awaclus was much more active and constructive, and things were going pretty well for him until Joseph got lynched. Obviously his activity from the point that Joseph is pressured isn't necessarily applicable, but he was active before, including theory talk.

Not at all like this game then. Now to look at a town game.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 23, 2015, 12:58:54 pm »

Teproc is doing a good job of scumhunting which makes me not want to lynch him. But I also know that he's good enough at this game to be this on top of things as scum.

Awaclus I kind of want to policy lynch because if he's town then he's not being helpful. But again, it's the easy day one lynch, and I still like lynching WW more.

PPE: I'm pretty sure I've seen Awaclus as lurky scum. Wasn't he scum in flavorless?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 23, 2015, 01:04:26 pm »

Awaclus in Futuramafia* (VT)

*P.S. : Ash, if you're reading this, the link for Futuramafia in the Stats page goes to Fish Mafia

This is still the "Joseph being scummy" run of games, and Awaclus gets on that wagon early. Tunnels him all day 1, not very active, though more than he his in this current game. Then Joseph claims Tracker, and he switches to Hydrad and defends the idea of leaving Joseph alive to verify his claim. He gets pretty active then, as deadline is nearing.

Then he's not very active the rest of the game, but his posts always have content.

Meh. Neither of these look anything like what he's doing now. So I'm guessing Awaclus is trying something new, and I don't know why he'd do that (or this specific brand of new) as town.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 23, 2015, 01:05:32 pm »

vote: Awaclus

L-1 I think. Wait no, chairs switched so it's only L-2.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.403 seconds with 20 queries.