Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126186 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1000 on: July 05, 2015, 03:09:21 pm »

Massclaiming is a bad idea.

I don't know pacovf. I just don't feel great about the ADK lynch, I'm leaning mail-mi but really just by PoE at this point. Haven't had time to reread and frankly don't feel a great motivation to do so again (thought they'd probably be targeted rereads). I (and everyone) need to look at Seprix's interactions with people in general, to see if that points somewhere, or away from somewhere. I'm really not motivated to do it tonight, but I'll probably do it tomorow.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 05, 2015, 03:14:55 pm »

BY the way, wouldn't ADK being a PR explain is "scumslip" ? I remember thinking that at some point, but can't remember and am too lazy/tired to figure it out. Will at some point, but if someone else does that's cool too.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1002 on: July 05, 2015, 03:17:05 pm »

PPE: I'm not intending to hammer right now, but go for it. Also I'm going to bed for real now.
this makes a lot more sense if adk is on a team with seprix and they discussed fakeclaims the night before and he lost himself and encouraged seprix to claim. I don't see town!adk saying something like this

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 05, 2015, 03:20:03 pm »

BY the way, wouldn't ADK being a PR explain is "scumslip" ? I remember thinking that at some point, but can't remember and am too lazy/tired to figure it out. Will at some point, but if someone else does that's cool too.
him being a cop, vig, mason, or one-shot RB would explain his scumslip. Him being a doctor does not. Also any two of those roles, or masons and anything, will counter.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 05, 2015, 04:51:21 pm »

I don't believe adk and am willing to hammer.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: July 05, 2015, 06:23:46 pm »

Analyzing the wagon come D1 end, and given Seprix's Law of Mafia Average (One/Two scum tends to jump on wagon, The rest stay off wagon), I think I can come to this conclusion:

One scum is in this list: [Crossed players not scum]

Hydrad, Witherweaver, UmbrageOfSnow, Teproc, chairs, Seprix, A Drowned Kernel

One scum is in the other list:

Mail-Mi, Pacovf, Skip Wooznum

Also to factor in is Awaclus voting for Chairs. Could Awaclus have voted for his scum buddy in a last ditch effort to throw everyone off after he died?

Wait, I found this gem over here.

1) town!Awaclus gets very indignant when he has a wagon on him, and continually talks about how not scum he's been acting.

This is true. Usually when I'm town, I have like 29384723984723 town tells that everyone is either not noticing or choosing to ignore on purpose, which is why I have to point them out. In this game, I haven't posted much because a lot of stuff has been going on IRL and other games, and that's why there aren't that many things that I can point out. The only notable thing is that I don't lurk as scum, but there's the problem that I don't usually lurk as town either.

This could easily be scum!WW defending Awaclus there. So if that's the case, we have WW/Awaclus/???. This is nice because I think everyone else bar maybe Chairs (and that's a maybe) is pretty much Town on the wagon.

We have mail-Mi, Pacovf and Skip. Skip seems townie, because he's quite overeager, which is typical for newer players. Pacovf has been strong town thus far.

Looks like a WW/Awaclus/Mail-Mi scum team so far.
in the bolded part, he says everyone on the wagon except maybe chairs and ww are town. Thats UoS, Teproc, hydrad, himself, and adk.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 05, 2015, 08:06:00 pm »

So who are we lynching? Still ADK?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 05, 2015, 10:05:14 pm »

Massclaiming is a bad idea.

I don't know pacovf. I just don't feel great about the ADK lynch, I'm leaning mail-mi but really just by PoE at this point. Haven't had time to reread and frankly don't feel a great motivation to do so again (thought they'd probably be targeted rereads). I (and everyone) need to look at Seprix's interactions with people in general, to see if that points somewhere, or away from somewhere. I'm really not motivated to do it tonight, but I'll probably do it tomorow.

I would reread, but there is no real argument against lynching ADK other than you not feeling all that great about it. I might reconsider rereading if you find something interesting or if ADK does a nice defense of himself / case on someone else. But before the reread, the only people I would consider lynching are mail-mi and skip, and skip found a (IMHO) very good argument for mail-mi's innocence, which in turn makes you wonder why he would bother eliminating an easy mislynch if he is scum...

So I don't see who else could be the last scum.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 05, 2015, 10:44:29 pm »

Can anyone state the case against me? As far as I can tell it's that I was lurking for awhile, which I admit happened and I apologize for. mail-mi has been lurking harder, and as he points out was off-wagon twice. My claim is the truth, which is all I have.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 05, 2015, 10:48:54 pm »

Also I received a message from silverspawn that implies that the change was due to the fact that the setup was originally incorrect, which I guess means that he gave scum the regular strongman when they were supposed to get the 1-shot and had to add an extra role. I'm not sure how I feel about the mod doing this kind of thing but I guess it's silverspawn's prerogative.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 05, 2015, 10:51:45 pm »

I don't really know how to feel about this claim. I don't picture silverspawn making this change at this stage of the game, but it's also a bizarre claim. It's also not testable because if there's really a strongman, the doctor will be moot, effectively being the same role as a VT.

I think the correct call here is frankly to lynch you anyway.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 05, 2015, 11:04:58 pm »

If there's another doctor we can both protect the IC and make the strongman moot until he kills one of us.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 05, 2015, 11:13:47 pm »

Can anyone state the case against me? As far as I can tell it's that I was lurking for awhile, which I admit happened and I apologize for. mail-mi has been lurking harder, and as he points out was off-wagon twice. My claim is the truth, which is all I have.

You deflected from Awaclus pretty consistently, and you were pretty easy on Seprix too (can't say that you deflected from him, because you weren't present enough during D2). Mail-mi has "just" been lurking pretty hard, but I think that skip's latest argument gives him enough townie points to get him off the hook for now.

The only thing going on for you is your bizarre claim.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 05, 2015, 11:17:08 pm »

If you don't believe it, you don't believe it.

This game hasn't been my most shining moment of mafia, and I freely admit that. mail-mi is my biggest scum read at the moment, mostly do to PoE, but obviously I haven't put in the time to have as informed of an opinion as I should. I deflected less consistently against awaclus than pacovf did, though based on yesterday's lynch I'm inclined to think he's town. If you want a reason not to lynch me, I voted to lynch scum twice. I'm not above bussing as scum but I know it's suicide to lose both your partners on the first two days.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 05, 2015, 11:19:47 pm »

You voted for both of them when they were already lost. That's why I am not giving you town points for being on-wagon.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 05, 2015, 11:22:32 pm »

Also I received a message from silverspawn that implies that the change was due to the fact that the setup was originally incorrect, which I guess means that he gave scum the regular strongman when they were supposed to get the 1-shot and had to add an extra role. I'm not sure how I feel about the mod doing this kind of thing but I guess it's silverspawn's prerogative.
this is him trying to subtly explain yesterday's scumslip. I want to lynch him soo bad.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 06, 2015, 12:02:25 am »

.....ADK are among the higher reads I have....
...honestly, I don't see the ADK case...
these are back to back contradicting posts

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 06, 2015, 12:29:53 am »

Personally, I think the time has come for the hammer. ADK is the obvious candidate for the last scum, and that won't change since it is impossible for him to prove in any certain way that he is a doctor. So we might as well be done with it.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 06, 2015, 12:33:20 am »

this is him trying to subtly explain yesterday's scumslip. I want to lynch him soo bad.

My explanation for my "scumslip" remains the one I gave yesterday, which is the truth.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 06, 2015, 12:35:45 am »

Just think about the claim. Doc!adk wouldn't protect hydrad, he'd protect UoS. He was almost as conf!town, and was much more active in pushing a town agenda and overall a much better nk. I don't think anyone would disagree with this. The only explanation for his claim is that he's scum and afraid of claiming to protect UoS because some actual doctor might claim to have protected him also and then we'd just lynch him.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: July 06, 2015, 12:39:20 am »

Bunch of pronouns in that last post but I hope it was still clear

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 06, 2015, 01:03:52 am »

Personally, I think the time has come for the hammer. ADK is the obvious candidate for the last scum, and that won't change since it is impossible for him to prove in any certain way that he is a doctor. So we might as well be done with it.
I'm going to bed soon, and it seems like Teproc is the only one arguing against it. vote: adk
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 06, 2015, 01:05:22 am »

Lynch mail-mi tomorrow kthx
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 06, 2015, 01:06:53 am »

Lynch mail-mi tomorrow kthx
It's not me. I already said, I'm just a VT.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 06, 2015, 01:09:03 am »

Also don't discount pacovf if it gets down to lylo and he's still around but I feel good about town's chances here in general.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51  All

Page created in 1.877 seconds with 19 queries.