Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Thoughts on Miser?  (Read 12967 times)

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Miser?
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2015, 12:37:57 pm »
+2

I think Miser is only clearly good in a game with no draw, no trashing, and no attacks. And well, that's pretty boring.

In the 3-card kingdom "Scrying Pool, Worker's Village, Miser", I'm going to play with multiple Misers.

Edge case.

No, it's a basic counterexample that should illustrate why I think the statement is bonkers.

Draw makes Miser better, not worse; other trashing may or may not want me to go Miser (it really depends on the other trasher and the rest of the board); and I doubt the presence of attacks has on average a big impact on whether I go Miser or not (on most Cultists boards you clearly don't want it, but in general attacks prolong the game, which makes Miser a bit better).

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2015, 12:44:41 pm »

I think Miser is only clearly good in a game with no draw, no trashing, and no attacks. And well, that's pretty boring.

In the 3-card kingdom "Scrying Pool, Worker's Village, Miser", I'm going to play with multiple Misers.

Edge case.

No, it's a basic counterexample that should illustrate why I think the statement is bonkers.

Draw makes Miser better, not worse; other trashing may or may not want me to go Miser (it really depends on the other trasher and the rest of the board); and I doubt the presence of attacks has on average a big impact on whether I go Miser or not (on most Cultists boards you clearly don't want it, but in general attacks prolong the game, which makes Miser a bit better).

Huh.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2015, 01:21:15 pm »

Edge case.

You could have said so right away, not everybody gets your references ;)
Now I see your point. Of course, Miser benefits from draw, as it increases your chance of still being able to buy something good after you Miser'd away a Copper from your hand. Also, I can't think of any type of deck that doesn' benefit from draw.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2015, 01:28:37 pm »

Edge case.

Now I see your point. Of course, Miser benefits from draw, as it increases your chance of still being able to buy something good after you Miser'd away a Copper from your hand. Also, I can't think of any type of deck that doesn' benefit from draw.

Pstone, all I can think of.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2015, 02:07:36 pm »
+4

Edge case.

Pstone, all I can think of.

You've got it wrong — that type of deck still benefits from draw, it just doesn't benefit from Pstone.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 20 queries.