Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 79  All

Author Topic: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 195032 times)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
Re: RMM26: Mistborn Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #750 on: July 08, 2015, 09:33:50 pm »

Dah. XP's only at like L-4 right now.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 08, 2015, 09:34:19 pm »

Vote Count 1.11:

XP (5):  chairs, uos, Seprix, 2.7, WW
Seprix (2):  gkrieg13, Ghacob
hockeysemlan (3):  Hydrad, silverspawn, EgorK
2.7 (6): XP, TA, mail-mi, hockey, faust, efhw

Not Voting (1): IG

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on July 9 at 12:01 a.m. forum time.

That's in ~2.5 hours.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 08, 2015, 09:37:52 pm »

EFHW's absurd overreacting to me, e, and Seprix "suddenly" wanting to vote XP has me wanting to lynch him even more.

And I'm seriously curious what any particular role claim could possibly have anything to do with this.  I can't see anything that would have to do with the specifics of a PR in anything anyone is finding XP scummy for.  Not inclined to move my vote.

I'd really like it if the people on e could give some more of their reasoning.

I don't think it's absurd.  Having been quicklynched as town, I may have a certain sensitivity to it, but "com'n everyone, let's vote XP" followed by a bunch of votes after his wagon has been virtually empty for quite some time looks to me like a possible semi-organized with sheepers attempt to deflect from the current wagons.  And before you tell me I'm not on a viable wagon, I thought I'd see if it would gain any traction, but will not stay there if it doesn't.

Scum also gets lynched like this though.  And the reactions are always great for interaction looking back on later days.

But we've all been talking about how scummy XP is a lot of the day, just with only one or two people on the wagon at a time.  It's never some conspiracy when a lynch like this goes through so much as a bunch of people preferring that to what they were seeing as the leading options before.  I'm not saying there can't be scum on an XP wagon, I'm saying that you don't need some preplanned scum conspiracy.  When a bunch of town don't like the wagons, new ones come up.  Doesn't this happen all the time.  Your reaction is way over the top.

And yeah, I absolutely don't want e lynched.  I spent what little free time I had today rereading him, and found him townier, not scummier, on reread.  People were jumping ship on Seprix, XP is scummy and a good alternate lynch.

The fact that you're at all surprised about this has me confused.  And if XP flips scum, it has me very suspicious.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 08, 2015, 09:38:19 pm »

Dah. XP's only at like L-4 right now.

It's plurality lynch.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 08, 2015, 09:45:14 pm »

Oh yeah *smacks forehead*

Might as well vote: XP then.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 08, 2015, 09:47:47 pm »

EFHW's absurd overreacting to me, e, and Seprix "suddenly" wanting to vote XP has me wanting to lynch him even more.

And I'm seriously curious what any particular role claim could possibly have anything to do with this.  I can't see anything that would have to do with the specifics of a PR in anything anyone is finding XP scummy for.  Not inclined to move my vote.

I'd really like it if the people on e could give some more of their reasoning.

I don't think it's absurd.  Having been quicklynched as town, I may have a certain sensitivity to it, but "com'n everyone, let's vote XP" followed by a bunch of votes after his wagon has been virtually empty for quite some time looks to me like a possible semi-organized with sheepers attempt to deflect from the current wagons.  And before you tell me I'm not on a viable wagon, I thought I'd see if it would gain any traction, but will not stay there if it doesn't.

Scum also gets lynched like this though.  And the reactions are always great for interaction looking back on later days.

But we've all been talking about how scummy XP is a lot of the day, just with only one or two people on the wagon at a time.  It's never some conspiracy when a lynch like this goes through so much as a bunch of people preferring that to what they were seeing as the leading options before.  I'm not saying there can't be scum on an XP wagon, I'm saying that you don't need some preplanned scum conspiracy.  When a bunch of town don't like the wagons, new ones come up.  Doesn't this happen all the time.  Your reaction is way over the top.

And yeah, I absolutely don't want e lynched.  I spent what little free time I had today rereading him, and found him townier, not scummier, on reread.  People were jumping ship on Seprix, XP is scummy and a good alternate lynch.

The fact that you're at all surprised about this has me confused.  And if XP flips scum, it has me very suspicious.
I don't think it is a pre-planned conspiracy, I think it was unnecessary and therefore possibly motivated by something other than scumhunting.  Seprix is super-scummy, as you yourself have said emphatically, and my 2nd choice if it won't be e.  Others were open to voting him as well.  So why shift suddenly to XP?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 08, 2015, 10:01:18 pm »

Because from where I'm sitting most of you seem entirely uninterested in trying to determine Seprix's alignment, lots of shrugging half-support.  And a good number of people have found XP scummy too, but the Seprix wagon was losing to the e wagon and it looked to be getting worse.

Getting your scumreads lynched instead of your townreads is, like, the entire point of pushing wagons.  This seems like the most obvious thing to me, and I'm surprised you're arguing about it, much less briefly voting me for it.

If XP flips scum, I'm voting you.  I'm not helping you lynch e.  I've yet to see anything in the way of convincing reasoning on him at all.

And yes, the hockey wagon is stupid, and if people sitting on it make this lynch come down to a coin flip, that'll be about the most anti-town thing ever.  And I'm already suspicious of Egor in particular for his Hockey vote.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 08, 2015, 10:02:06 pm »

And the fact that you think there's been no scumhunting involved in people voting XP, but e is a better lynch somehow is ridiculous.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 08, 2015, 10:04:16 pm »

Anyway, I'm out for the night, won't be able to be back online until tomorrow.  So I can't move back to Seprix now.

It's XP or e, people.

Don't vote irrational.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 08, 2015, 10:22:22 pm »

Stayed on Seprix for way too long because I didn't really see a better alternative

I find XP as scummy as I did before therefore
vote: XP
Gender happened.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 08, 2015, 10:26:17 pm »

Vote Count 1.12:

XP (7):  chairs, uos, Seprix, 2.7, WW, IG, Ghacob
Seprix (1):  gkrieg13
2.7 (6): XP, TA, mail-mi, hockey, faust, efhw

Not Voting (0):

That's in ~1.5 hours.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 08, 2015, 10:33:45 pm »

Stayed on Seprix for way too long because I didn't really see a better alternative

As in, I didn't really see a reason to vote e
Gender happened.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 08, 2015, 10:34:38 pm »

Why I think XP is scum:

Out the gate, joking and excited.  Votes me for "lurking" 8 hours after the game starts and I haven't posted yet.  Yeah, I am a safe RVS vote, water off my back, this isn't any reason to be scum.

Then the breadcrumbing post.  "maybe I should do some breadcrumbing."  XP is obviously excited about his role and excited to be playing.  This might actually go either way, now that I think about it.  For now, I will say he is excited about being scum.

His PM might be "phrased similarly" to chairs.

Nonchalant response to my original little case against him just referencing his playstyle as a defense.

His series of Lurker votes (on people who aren't actually lurking):
gkrieg - "lurkers need to start talking"
chairs - "I was going to say that chairs's wagon wasn't so important I shouldn't pressure lurkers, but he's lurking too."
gkrieg - "he looked the closest to being scummy of the lurkers."

He also votes Seprix because of the timing of when Seprix jumped on the XP wagon (4th vote).  Which I think is scummy of him.

Then he talks about not bussing partners.  Seriously?  This is a 17 person game.  Scum can totally bus a partner this early in D1.

My original case on XP. 

You know, the one he never defended or even acknowledged.

Sure, some of these things go either way.  Town, scum, flip a coin.  I did, and it landed on XP being scum.  Nothing since I made this case has changed my mind.  That last post I just quoted makes me even more convinced.

(Calm down, I didn't really flip a coin.  I reread XP for what I thought was significant and shared it regardless of how it painted him.  I found it painted a scummy picture.)

I didn't respond because you only had a few arguments and you didn't seem to be genuine.

Re: roles
I told you, I need to full claim to do that and I don't want to claim fully now.

Re: timing
No explanation there, nothing to refute. Just a blank statement say "this is scummy" without any reasoning.

Re: bussing
You didn't even address what I said. I said that I'd probably be bored of bussing by now if I were scum, not that it's a bad idea to bus in general.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 08, 2015, 10:38:20 pm »

If I have to choose between XP and e, I definitely choose XP.  I have more town reads on his wagon than I have on e's and I don't feel like e is scummy.  I'm not going to vote yet because I want to reread some of XP before I jump on that wagon and it has the plurality if I don't get there in time anyway. 

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 08, 2015, 10:41:57 pm »

Looks like I have to claim now. I'm third party, the Inamorata, but my win condition is having a person I have as confirmed town (whose identity I do not know) survive. That makes me want town to have as perfect a game as possible, and to not want to lynch town.

Hopefully you can see where the wording in my PM was similar and why I only partially supported the chairs case.

PPE: lynch gkrieg tomorrow

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 08, 2015, 10:43:11 pm »

End switches onto town are bad, even "I'll switch if it gets close".

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 08, 2015, 10:44:49 pm »

vote: e

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 08, 2015, 10:46:44 pm »

Vote Count 1.13:

XP (7):  chairs, uos, Seprix, 2.7, WW, IG, Ghacob
2.7 (7): XP, TA, mail-mi, hockey, faust, efhw, gkrieg13

Not Voting (0):

That's in ~1.25 hours.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 08, 2015, 10:47:33 pm »

I actually believe that both e and XP are town at this point but I believe XP on this one because I could see his PM having survivor-aligned in it and I don't think he would make that role up.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 08, 2015, 10:49:16 pm »

And the fact that you think there's been no scumhunting involved in people voting XP, but e is a better lynch somehow is ridiculous.

I don't think there has been no scumhunting.  There is a case against XP.  I'm reacting to the timing.  And the sheeping.  It's very easy to hop on the XP wagon right now with impunity.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 08, 2015, 10:49:58 pm »

vote: e

That's L-1. gkrieg, when you put someone to L-1 (here 8 votes b/c 9 are needed to lynch) you should announce it to help town avoid hammering by accident.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 08, 2015, 10:50:27 pm »

nvm, read the posts in the wrong order.  But for future reference!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 08, 2015, 10:52:42 pm »

ok thanks!  What are all of the people on hockey doing?  I don't want this to come down to a coin flip.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 08, 2015, 10:54:28 pm »

I actually believe that both e and XP are town at this point but I believe XP on this one because I could see his PM having survivor-aligned in it and I don't think he would make that role up.

You know third party is not town, right...?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 08, 2015, 10:55:49 pm »

End switches onto town are bad, even "I'll switch if it gets close".

You can't just say something is "bad" and have it be so.  And why do you sound like you know I switched to town?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 79  All

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.