Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Events  (Read 13866 times)

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
Re: Events
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2015, 05:57:45 pm »

A VP token could be nice in a future expansion... but not yet. Only the four +1s (action, buy, $, card) , both -1s ($, card), journey, estate, -$2 and trashing. Well, we have enough fun tokens, and it's not hard playtesting events ? ^^

Cantripifier : all in all, the reverse cantrip chosen by opponent would mostly be bad. If you don't allow exclude any, he will name a bad terminal card, say Workshop, or he even may name chapel and you won't buy cantrips for $2, nor spend $5 (I'd have set it to $4) to make your starting chapel a cantrip (or maybe yes ?...). Paradoxally, it it would Scout into a pseudo apothecary/village. If you allow exclude any, it can be good, but depending to the quality of cards and the number of excludable cards, it can be terrible (if you can't block all the "bad" cards) or broken.

The "cheap pathfinding" version could be good, but I'd change it to actions to remove the terminalness of some cards.
Here's my point.

Out of topic : I just thought something horrible while rereading events... Alms ! It can turn 5/2 openings into 5/4 openings !!!
http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Alms

Now, does someone wanna suggest an overpayable event ? :D
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2015, 06:09:35 pm »
+1

You'd have to call the VP token something else.  VP tokens are already a thing...

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2015, 07:46:33 pm »
+2

Has somebody suggested an Attack token that makes cards attacks (like Cursers)?

It would enable me to play Witch, have my opponent play his Curser Caravan Guard, enabling me to play my own Caravan Guard and have an action again. Weeee!

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2015, 07:48:41 pm »

Combining some of those ideas ...

Dark Ritual - Event - $???

Put your Curse token on a supply pile. Cards from that pile are worth -1 VP for all players.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2015, 07:56:33 pm »
+1

Combining some of those ideas ...

Dark Ritual - Event - $???

Put your Curse token on a supply pile. Cards from that pile are worth -1 VP for all players.

That seems too political.  If you depoliticize it, then it's Embargo.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2015, 08:03:24 pm »

What about:

Whenever you play a card from that pile, each other player gains a copy of that card.

Too niche maybe?

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2015, 04:49:16 pm »

Very weird indeed. You'd have to gain that bad card in order to spam more bad cards (you wouldn't give free Laboratories to opponents, would you ?), and it's very rarely reliable, just like buying a curse to use it with Ambassador. Also, in 3+ player games, 10-card piles can deplete even faster !
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2015, 08:47:30 pm »

What about:

Whenever you play a card from that pile, each other player gains a copy of that card.

Too niche maybe?

I think so. If it made cards like Port, though...

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2015, 08:54:07 pm »

What about:

Too niche maybe?

If you don't limit this to actions, this becomes an insanely powerful Copper junker. If you do limit to actions, it's just weird.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.179 seconds with 21 queries.