Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 7 sacraments  (Read 1756 times)

Sidsel

• Bishop
  • Respect: +174
    • View Profile
7 sacraments
« on: May 31, 2015, 09:59:37 am »

I don't have all ready yet, and done no playtesting, the idea just popped into my head to try my hand at a themed miniset. The seven would be baptism, communion, confession, ordination, last rites, confirmation and marriage.

Baptism - action
Cost $4?
+3 Cards
Trash a card from your hand
Discard a card from your hand
Put a card back on your deck.
Theme: making a fresh start

Confession - action-reaction
Cost ?
+2$
--
When another player plays an attack you may set this aside. If you do, the attacker discards a silver or reveals a hand without silvers.
On your next turn, return this card to your hand.
Theme: paying for their sins. I fear this to scale poorly or be too political with several players though..

Last Rites - event
Cost ?
Trash your hand.
Okay, I admit, this one should maybe go in the really bad card ideas thread, but after sitting with a hand of Estate, Curse, Curse, Curse, Curse in an Ambassador/Seahag game, it was tempting. I'll try to make a more serious one later.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: 7 sacraments
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 10:08:02 am »

Cost ?
+2$
--
When another player plays an attack you may set this aside. If you do, the attacker discards a silver or reveals a hand without silvers.
Theme: paying for their sins. I fear this to scale poorly or be too political with several players though..

You could just return it to your hand at the end of the current (i.e. the attacker's) turn. Then it wouldn't be political, since you'd reveal it for everyone. It'd still be a bit worse for the first guy to play an Attack though, because he doesn't know that you have it, but then everyone else does, but that doesn't sound like it'd be too much of a problem.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:10:44 am by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 10:15:02 am »
+1

There's a whole thing written by Donald on why it's not a good idea to have a reaction that hurts the attacker.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Sidsel

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 10:27:08 am »

Cost ?
+2$
--

You could just return it to your hand at the end of the current (i.e. the attacker's) turn. Then it wouldn't be political, since you'd reveal it for everyone. It'd still be a bit worse for the first guy to play an Attack though, because he doesn't know that you have it, but then everyone else does, but that doesn't sound like it'd be too much of a problem.

I'm more thinking about the problem of several people choosing whether or not to reveal confessions to the same attack. The attacker may need a silverless hand/deck to even dare to play an attack. Tried to mitigate it by confession itself being a terminal silver.

I guess it's one of those things that everyone thinks should be a great idea, but is repeatedly shown not to be..

How about this instead;
Confession - treasure
Cost 4/5ish?
If you did not play any attacks this turn, 3$
Else 2$

Mr Anderson

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 11:56:38 am »

That should cost 5, treasures strictly better than Silver should not cost 3/4$ so you would basically ignore Silver until they run out. Still, that Treasure is a Gold for 5$ when there are no attacks in the kingdom anyway or they are weak and you can ignore them. I see that card being a thing at 5$ either a Gold or a Copper and maybe being an attack itself (a Spy/Fortune Teller variant maybe?) and giving 3$ when you don't have an attack other than itself in play.

Sidsel

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 01:21:21 pm »

That should cost 5, treasures strictly better than Silver should not cost 3/4$ so you would basically ignore Silver until they run out. Still, that Treasure is a Gold for 5$ when there are no attacks in the kingdom anyway or they are weak and you can ignore them. I see that card being a thing at 5$ either a Gold or a Copper and maybe being an attack itself (a Spy/Fortune Teller variant maybe?) and giving 3$ when you don't have an attack other than itself in play.

Thanks for the feedback. Like the spy/fortuneteller idea - it fits the theme.

Confession - treasure-attack
$5
Each other player reveals the top three cards of their deck, discarding any revealed actions, and putting the rest back on their deck in any order.
If you have no other attack cards in play, 3$
Else 1$

It's kind of an anti-venture, in that getting several is NOT a good idea! :D

Or maybe
Confession - treasure-action-attack-reserve (!)
4$
Each other player reveals the top three cards of their deck, discarding any revealed actions, and putting the rest back on their deck in any order.
Place this on your tavernmat
----
If you have no attack cards in play, you may call this during your buy phase for 3$

Since it does not self-synergize and is slower, I'm thinking 4-cost might be ok.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 20 queries.