Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My first attempt at playing Dominion Online  (Read 1628 times)

doesitgoboom

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
My first attempt at playing Dominion Online
« on: May 19, 2015, 11:02:02 am »
+4

Well I had nothing going on last night so I tried Dominion Online for the first time. Well the first game went well as I squeezed out a victory. Well after that I quickly learned I know nothing about how to read a board correctly as I lost 7 straight and most by quite a bit.  So I need to get some better ideas on how to become somewhat better before I get to frustrated.

I have been reading a lot on here but still don't have the greatest grasp of things. I enjoy the game and the type of person who learns by doing. Well hope I can learn to improve soon.

mpsprs

• Explorer
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
Re: My first attempt at playing Dominion Online
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 11:18:02 am »
+1

Well I had nothing going on last night so I tried Dominion Online for the first time. Well the first game went well as I squeezed out a victory. Well after that I quickly learned I know nothing about how to read a board correctly as I lost 7 straight and most by quite a bit.  So I need to get some better ideas on how to become somewhat better before I get to frustrated.

I have been reading a lot on here but still don't have the greatest grasp of things. I enjoy the game and the type of person who learns by doing. Well hope I can learn to improve soon.

Welcome to the forums.  One opportunity to learn by doing is to join the dominion league.  We just started a new season, but we have a few slots still available in the low divisions.  It's an opportunity for you to play a bunch of games with some friendly players.  And when you don't want to play yourself, you can often watch other matches!  I think AdamH is planning on streaming a match in just under 8 hours.  You'd be most welcome to join!

doesitgoboom

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 11:20:38 am »
+1

I watch as many of AdamH videos on youtube as I can. I would love to have friendly people to play. Those that could give me some tips afterwards. Plus it beats playing random people.

mpsprs

• Explorer
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 11:23:29 am »
+1

If you want to sign up:  Here's the thread for signups.

jaybeez

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: jaybeez
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 03:23:52 pm »

I think this forum and videos made by good players are the best sources of information.  But I'd also suggest asking your opponents questions about the game after it's over.  When I was first playing I did that a lot and while some people would just leave the game right away, I did find a lot of people to be pretty helpful.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.684 seconds with 21 queries.