Dominion > Rules Questions

Doctor (overpay) + Overgrown Estate

(1/2) > >>

DLloyd09:
Just came up in a game I was playing:

If on my turn I overpay for a Doctor and as part of resolving the overpay ability I reveal and decide to trash an Overgrown Estate, do I get +1 Card immediately, even if I still have to resolve more cards for the Doctor overpay, and put it into my hand? Or do I wait until I'm done resolving the overpay before drawing?

I also assume that I can't actually ever do anything with that card that I drew? If it's an Action, I can't play it since I'm in the buy phase, if it's a Treasure I can't use it since I can't lay down more Treasure after I've started buying cards.

Or... wait, I suppose if it's a Market Square I can gain a Gold with its reaction ability? Are there any other cards I could draw that I could possibly use in that situation?

werothegreat:
You draw immediately.  Doctor's overpay trashes cards one at a time, not all at once.

swedenman:
You could also use Watchtower. But yeah, barring reactions I don't think you would ever be able to use the card drawn in that situation.

Awaclus:

--- Quote from: DLloyd09 on May 05, 2015, 06:15:11 pm ---Or... wait, I suppose if it's a Market Square I can gain a Gold with its reaction ability?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that would work. If you have buys left, and the card you drew is a Watchtower or a Trader, you could also reveal that when you buy more cards this turn (EDIT: actually you can reveal them for the Doctor too, doesn't need to be another card), or you can use Farmland or Trade to trash whatever card you drew.

DLloyd09:
Thanks everyone, appreciate the quick and thorough answers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version