Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Peddler / Scrying Pool / Forager / Butcher optimising question  (Read 1055 times)

jpgerber

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile

I won the following game quite handsomely (52-0 against a lower opponent) but am wondering if I played it optimally because it still took me 14 turns. You don't have to check the log, just some general advice would be fine. I went potion/forager to open and then got to peddlers and eventually a butcher. It felt OK given that I always had $16 when I needed it.

http://dominionlogs.goko.com/20150429/log.516d7723e4b082c74d7c1209.1430365964353.txt

Code: [Select]
Transmute, Scrying Pool, Ambassador, Forager, Fortune Teller, Ironworks, Butcher, Cache, Hoard, Peddler

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
Re: Peddler / Scrying Pool / Forager / Butcher optimising question
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 12:18:51 am »

Game was Province/Shelters, for anyone who hasn't checked the log. Even with Shelters, I'd still open Ambassador/Potion and then pick up Forager later. Getting a high density of actions while preventing your opponent from doing the same seems key (and getting Peddlers and then drawing your deck reliably with Pool while playing Butcher to turn Peddler into Provinces). 

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
Re: Peddler / Scrying Pool / Forager / Butcher optimising question
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 04:55:45 am »

I agree on Amb > Forager on the opening.

Not really sure if it's good, but I'd somehow like to try opening Ambassador/Ironworks here, getting Potion asap afterwards, then maybe a second Amb and Foragers. The extra Foragers help with Action density and can work as trashing food for themselves.
Maybe it's bad though, because you're getting enough junk to trash from your opponent.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:57:04 am by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 20 queries.