Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Mission, Outpost  (Read 10321 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
Re: Mission, Outpost
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 04:06:56 pm »
+2

It also doesn't work if inherited now.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 04:42:35 pm »
+1

There are therefore two functional changes: Outpost never stays in play if it fails; and you don't draw 3 cards if it fails. Both make Outpost marginally stronger.
It's also different with other sources of extra turns, e.g. Mission.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 04:45:59 pm »

I'm very slightly sad that it still says "draw 3 cards" instead of "draw 2 fewer cards", because of the ambiguous wording interaction with Expedition.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

aku_chi

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: aku chi
  • Respect: +1436
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 04:50:56 pm »

What does happen when you play an Outpost and buy a Mission on the same turn?

My guess:

If you play an Outpost and buy Mission on the same turn, you will take two consecutive extra turns.  On the first extra turn, you will draw 3 cards instead of 5, and will not be able to buy cards.  Outpost will be discarded at the end of this turn.  On the second extra turn, you have no restrictions.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 04:54:09 pm »
+1

What does happen when you play an Outpost and buy a Mission on the same turn?

My guess:

If you play an Outpost and buy Mission on the same turn, you will take two consecutive extra turns.  On the first extra turn, you will draw 3 cards instead of 5, and will not be able to buy cards.  Outpost will be discarded at the end of this turn.  On the second extra turn, you have no restrictions.

I think you take 2 extra turns, where the first one has you starting with 3 cards, but you can decide wether you can't buy on the 3-card turn or the 5-card turn after (after drawing the 3 cards)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2017, 05:01:46 pm »
+1

I'm looking at the new Outpost (which is online), and it's interesting to compare what we talked about here with the new version. There is no possibility of multiple turns, and no discarding. This is not surprising, because in this thread Donald talked about what he would do if he could design a new Outpost from scratch, while I assume he tried to change Outpost functionally as little as possible in the new version.

Online text: If this is the first time you played an Outpost this turn, and the previous turn wasn't yours, then take an extra turn after this one, and you only draw 3 cards for your next hand.

So in the end it's how I wrote in the first post, except that now you don't get the card penalty unless you get the extra turn. There are therefore two functional changes: Outpost never stays in play if it fails; and you don't draw 3 cards if it fails. Both make Outpost marginally stronger.

This also means Mission and Outpost sort of combo - you can choose to take your Mission turn first, so the 3-card hand is the one you can't buy with, and then the Outpost turn second.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.552 seconds with 20 queries.