Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Double Tac Game W/ Shark Bait  (Read 1220 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Double Tac Game W/ Shark Bait
« on: April 22, 2015, 03:11:21 pm »

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20150422/log.54109627e4b0750ebc1f6911.1429729622903.txt

Other than that one turn where I used Tac when I had money and buys, and that turn where I should have double Provinced over Province/Lab/Duchy, I would like to see what else I did wrong. I feel like I could have won this game with a little better play.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: Double Tac Game W/ Shark Bait
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 04:11:01 pm »

I feel like this is in the wrong forum.

I'm not convinced that double Tactician is the best way to go here. There is ample draw in the form of Hamlet, Envoy, and Lab, and with a good Mint buy clearing out most starting Coppers, better Treasures can reliably produce income in this kingdom. 22 points in 23 turns, even with constant Ghost Ship attack, seems to be extremely slow.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 04:13:38 pm »

I don't think I'd play double Tactician here at all. Your opponent will contest GMs and so you can't actually put out much virtual coin. I think people see virtual coin + Tactician and think that's enough. But you'd really like cheaper sources of virtual coin (or ways to gain them), the absence of another source of draw/+buy, and maybe some better trashing.

Mint is adequate trashing here, but you have to use it! There's got to be a turn where you get rid of all this treasure, and remember, you can buy GMs the turn you buy the Mint because the Coppers leave play.

I read most of the log, but it was a long game and I didn't hold the decks in my head very well. But there are some things I didn't like a lot:
- Turn 6 you buy a Hamlet with $5! You can get those Hamlets with extra buy from Tactician or when your turn sucks. Get a $5 (probably Lab?).
- Both players buy 2nd Ghost Ships which looks bad to me, you ought to play your deck most turns and that means one Ghost Ship and the rest Labs. You get a 3rd which is even worse.
- Turn 12 you could have not played your Gold, bought Mint + GM, and skipped the second Tactician entirely. From here on you could Mint Golds, buy GMs/Labs and just generally go crazy.

I much prefer the deck that uses a Lab stack for draw (supplemented with Envoy/Ghost Ship), removes all Coppers with Mint and does not get a 2nd Tactician.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 09:16:01 pm »

I don't think I'd play double Tactician here at all. Your opponent will contest GMs and so you can't actually put out much virtual coin. I think people see virtual coin + Tactician and think that's enough. But you'd really like cheaper sources of virtual coin (or ways to gain them), the absence of another source of draw/+buy, and maybe some better trashing.

Mint is adequate trashing here, but you have to use it! There's got to be a turn where you get rid of all this treasure, and remember, you can buy GMs the turn you buy the Mint because the Coppers leave play.

I read most of the log, but it was a long game and I didn't hold the decks in my head very well. But there are some things I didn't like a lot:
- Turn 6 you buy a Hamlet with $5! You can get those Hamlets with extra buy from Tactician or when your turn sucks. Get a $5 (probably Lab?).
- Both players buy 2nd Ghost Ships which looks bad to me, you ought to play your deck most turns and that means one Ghost Ship and the rest Labs. You get a 3rd which is even worse.
- Turn 12 you could have not played your Gold, bought Mint + GM, and skipped the second Tactician entirely. From here on you could Mint Golds, buy GMs/Labs and just generally go crazy.

I much prefer the deck that uses a Lab stack for draw (supplemented with Envoy/Ghost Ship), removes all Coppers with Mint and does not get a 2nd Tactician.

Noted.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.