Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Is it a bad idea to make new Curse-type cards?  (Read 9244 times)

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
Re: Is it a bad idea to make new Curse-type cards?
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 11:48:02 pm »

Never-Ending Curse
$0
-2VP
-----
When you discard or trash this, return it to the Never-Ending Curse pile

With the discard clause this is basically "opponent draws a worse hand in the next shuffle.". I think this could be done better with an attack that says "Each other player puts their -1 Card token on top of their deck."

And now that I've written that out, I really hope that's an attack that exists in the set.
The difference being the -1 Card token won't stack. Never-Ending Curse just rewards deck cycling, but can be brutal if you get stuck with them.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 11:58:28 pm »

Never-Ending Curse
$0
-2VP
-----

With the discard clause this is basically "opponent draws a worse hand in the next shuffle.". I think this could be done better with an attack that says "Each other player puts their -1 Card token on top of their deck."

And now that I've written that out, I really hope that's an attack that exists in the set.

That's pretty much the same thing as the Minion attack.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2015, 01:20:30 am »

Never-Ending Curse
$0
-2VP
-----

Not quite.  It doesn't force a discard or ruin the player's current turn.  It does, however, stack with Minion; playing Minion after that attack causes the opponent to draw only three cards.

Anyway, this attack falls under the realm of fan card unless it turns out to be real, in which case I suppose I can try to gloat about a random prediction that happened to be correct.  But then I'd rather gloat about a card named Amulet.  But gloating isn't usually my style anyway; I'll fish for cheap +1s with bad puns!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 01:52:11 am »

Never-Ending Curse
$0
-2VP
-----

Not quite.  It doesn't force a discard or ruin the player's current turn.  It does, however, stack with Minion; playing Minion after that attack causes the opponent to draw only three cards.

Anyway, this attack falls under the realm of fan card unless it turns out to be real, in which case I suppose I can try to gloat about a random prediction that happened to be correct.  But then I'd rather gloat about a card named Amulet.  But gloating isn't usually my style anyway; I'll fish for cheap +1s with bad puns!

If the player doesn't draw in the middle of their turn, then it will leave their next turn with a random 4 cards, just like you had played minion on that hand. If they do draw, then they will have 1 less total card in their hand after the draw, just like if you had played minion instead. Of course the actual effects are not literally the same, and there's plenty of situations where one could be harsher than the other, but as a whole, they both have the same basic effect, which is the effect of "discard 1 card at random."
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 02:15:31 am »
+1

It can also stop them from borrowing on their next turn.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.